Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-03-2013, 05:09 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
John How's Avatar
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Auburn, Ca
Posts: 238
I have emailed two companies with questions about products in the last couple of weeks but have not had a reply from either. Lifeline batteries and Magnum Energy, the former has not replied to 2 attempts. Is this the norm in this industry? I had heard that these companies were fairly well thought of but this lack of response makes me wonder if I want to give them my biz. What will happen when I need service.
__________________

__________________
2005 Winnebego Sightseer 34A Honda Civic - Toad
John How is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-03-2013, 05:33 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Shadowcatche's Avatar
 
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,219
I find a phone call works best with many companies. Had a log discussion with a Concord/Lifeline engineer before deciding to buy an AGM battery.
__________________

__________________
Shadowcatche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 06:14 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
djbmsu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Charlotte Harbor, FL
Posts: 1,806
Sadly some companies treat their web sites like a red headed step child. Thankfully I have not found this to be the norm. Most will reply either with an auto responce that they have received your email and will get back to you.
__________________
Don and Nancy
[2014 40QBH Phaeton, 2015 Buick Enclave, 2yr old sisters Sara n Kaycee, Havanese, Two Segways
djbmsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 06:27 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Oldme's Avatar
 
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 456
Quote:
Originally Posted by John How View Post
I have emailed two companies with questions about products in the last couple of weeks but have not had a reply from either. Lifeline batteries and Magnum Energy, the former has not replied to 2 attempts. Is this the norm in this industry? I had heard that these companies were fairly well thought of but this lack of response makes me wonder if I want to give them my biz. What will happen when I need service.
I understand you feelings.
I e-mailed PROGRESSIVE DYNAMICS, INC.
ref my Inteli Power 9100 and also left a
voice mail, 3 weeks ago.
No answer yet.

Luckily I was just curious about a question
and had no problem.
I detest poor Customer Service and if I was
really interested they would be getting more
calls and e-mails.

As far as my feeling go, I guess the product providers in the RV industry are no more Customer Friendly that any other industry
was 10 years ago.
__________________
We are K&K for Kathy & Ken - Both retired.
She accounting, he Law Enforcement
Oldme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 06:46 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
wa8yxm's Avatar
 
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 22,821
On the other hand... My Smart phone lives in an Otter Box Defender.. I had a problem (Broken belt clip) and E-Mailed their customer service, Within the hour I had a request for pictures.. Replied and again within the hour had a promise to send a new one. No request for RMA.

Now that's service.
__________________
Home is where I park it!
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:50 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
John How's Avatar
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Auburn, Ca
Posts: 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
On the other hand... My Smart phone lives in an Otter Box Defender.. I had a problem (Broken belt clip) and E-Mailed their customer service, Within the hour I had a request for pictures.. Replied and again within the hour had a promise to send a new one. No request for RMA.

Now that's service.
Yes, I appreciate a company with good customer service. I find the best ones are those where the people with skin in the game are doing the customer service. As in small biz owners or family operations.

Maybe I'll give them a call, I just thought it would be easier to respond to an email but I guess ya gotta get their attention first.
__________________
2005 Winnebego Sightseer 34A Honda Civic - Toad
John How is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 09:30 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
John How's Avatar
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Auburn, Ca
Posts: 238
I did finally hear back from Lifeline. Perhaps I was being impatient. Just wanted info about the date code.
In case your interested, the date code is branded into the plastic top cover of the battery where it overlaps the side. It is an letter code where each letter represents a number in order and the code is year/month. Mine was BJJGB so 20072 or February of 2007.
__________________
2005 Winnebego Sightseer 34A Honda Civic - Toad
John How is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 09:37 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
sadrand's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by John How View Post
I did finally hear back from Lifeline. Perhaps I was being impatient. Just wanted info about the date code.
In case your interested, the date code is branded into the plastic top cover of the battery where it overlaps the side. It is an letter code where each letter represents a number in order and the code is year/month. Mine was BJJGB so 20072 or February of 2007.
Amazing. I wonder why they don't just put 20072 on it! Perhaps they don't want people to know how old a battery is when they buy one.
__________________

__________________
Richard Anderson
2002 Beaver Monterey Seacliff, '13 Jeep Wrangler
Retired, fulltimer
sadrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.