Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-21-2012, 02:02 PM   #43

Freightliner Owners Club
I don't think we'll ever reach a consensus.

Definitely a 'buyer beware' situation. If my fourth unit works from NJ to Key West and back in April, I'll be happy.

RVing for 19 years & 150,000+ miles
RVThere is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-21-2012, 04:02 PM   #44

"Have they fixed their NON-issue"

I would not call it a NON-Issue as it clearly had issues.

I would not know if they every did anything about it but if I had to guess...hummm...I won't go their. I am just very happy with the way I went as I have had the Henderson solution now for quite some time and had NO ISSUES and have been very happy.

Old 01-21-2012, 05:37 PM   #45

I "had" one of the older units in 2005/6 that experienced problems and was recalled. Hence my interest in the saga. I recently became interested in getting one as it was suggested that one might be available now for the IFS front axles. IFS brackets are not available from Henderson.

As far as the mechanical failure of the relay and box, could that be caused by the stroke of the steering wheel rod being greater that the stroke of the True Center piston rod? Perhaps the True Center unit is not center mounted correctly or chassis steering angle is to great. Some chassis steering wheel angle is now 57 degrees.

Might be interesting to check if travel is equal in both directions when turning lock to lock and if there is still travel remaining in the True Center rod at the extremes. If no slack remains it could physically damage the box mount or solenoid mount.

No idea what could cause the solenoid electrical failures if the time that it is energized is timer controlled other than under designed solenoid or bad QC during solenoid manufacturing (China?)
Harry B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 06:12 PM   #46

Hi Harry...

Nice thought but that would not, could not, be the case as it just really have nothing to do with it in that regard. In my case, the solenoid just died or did not even work when it arrived. That is the part that is needed for the reset to work. In the other case with the photos, the entire mount that the solenoid was mounted to just broke from bad joints or welding or something. it surely is a mess. I went though 5, he is on his 4th and their have been others.

My big beef is that I was dealing with the CEO as you know and he did not really have answers. He thought the issue was resolved yet sent me a new unit that arrived DOA and really does not seem like it was tested at all. Even the dealers rep was shocked and amazed.

So...Have they really yet even fixed it or are they still using the same system and same suppliers? Not known. But I was told that the problem was found, it was fixed, and I still received a DOA unit with the same issue right from the CEO. So, not sure whom you can trust in regards to this product. I just wonder how many people have the issue and are not even aware of it.
Old 01-23-2012, 11:23 AM   #47

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
My coach wandered to the right and I had to keep the wheel turned slightly left. I have it at the garage getting ready to go fulltime in May and one thing they are doing is tie-rod boots and an alignment. I think I'll wait and see how it steers then decide. It really drove fine and it wasn't much of a bother having to hold the wheel slightly off center. If I have a problem I will probably give this device a try and cross my fingers.

2004 Winnebago Vectra 40AD - 350 Cummins ISC; Toad 2012 Wrangler 6 speed
SKP, WIT, FMCA, FCOC, GoodSam, Cummins Power Club
lajuene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:13 PM   #48

Hi...

"it wasn't much of a bother having to hold the wheel slightly off center"

But what you will find if that once your do not have to hold it off center, you will be much more comfortable driving and less tired when you arrive. It really does more than you think in regards to having to always keep pressure on the wheel one way or anther.

These devices also are not just for that though, they also help in high wind and also, and the biggest thing, is in the event of a front tire blow out as it helps to hold on!
Old 01-23-2012, 01:13 PM   #49

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Bott View Post
Hi...
These devices also are not just for that though, they also help in high wind and also, and the biggest thing, is in the event of a front tire blow out as it helps to hold on!
Yeah, that is a feature that appeals to me. If I can borrow some ramps I can install it myself, seems pretty easy. I watched the video of the install on the BlueOX site. Routing the wire looks like the hardest part.

Old 01-23-2012, 02:14 PM   #50

I would NOT BUY the BlueOX TruCenter unless I was 100% sure they changed part providers or the design itself. But that's me.
Old 01-23-2012, 02:23 PM   #51

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Bott View Post
I would NOT BUY the BlueOX TruCenter unless I was 100% sure they changed part providers or the design itself. But that's me.

I completely agree with that.... I can wait and let the bugs out first. Just like the first iPhone4.

Old 01-23-2012, 08:52 PM   #52

I had serious thoughts of ordering a trucenter but after reading this article "No Thanks" i'll research other products. Needless to say I, like I am sure many are really dissapointed in Blue Ox
Old 01-23-2012, 09:22 PM   #53

Freightliner Owners Club
laguene,

You don't need ramps for the install. Trust me, I've installed and uninstalled mine four times...

Wiring is real easy with plenty of spots to fish the wire through the firewall.

Tools you DO need are:
- impact wrench to get the bolts off for the mounting plate
- 3/4" drive socket set
- the biggest torque wrench that Sears makes to get to 180 ft-lbs

We've been waiting for years for BlueOx to get the bugs out of the TruCenter.

Other than Dave and me, has anyone else had trouble with their TruCenter?
RVing for 19 years & 150,000+ miles
RVThere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 09:57 PM   #54

"Other than Dave and me, has anyone else had trouble with their TruCenter?"

What? Are we not enough?

All kidding aside...I tried and tried to with the BlueOX as the product was a great idea. And still is. However only after getting the CEO involved and STILL getting a DOA product after being told it was all good. No thanks.

My question is really...How many people do not know they have an issue? As clearly, based on the emails I have from BlueOx, their surely is/was an issue with the parts.

In fact, I was shocked today here at Quartzsite for the show when I walked up to the BlueOX rep, who was the one that installed the last DOA unit, and I asked him if the issue was resolved. He said, and I quote, "There never was an issue, just don't push the button as it really is a safety product and that part works." Hummm...If I wanted just that, I would just have bought a Safe-T-Plus. Oh wait, I did, and I used the Henderson Trim Kit to make it do what the TruCenter should have.

I still use BlueOX for towing product.
Old 01-23-2012, 11:25 PM   #55

Monaco Owners Club
Not wishing to begin a dispute with you, however my experience is different than yours with the Tru-Center.

I drove the 1200 miles to the Blue Ox factory in Nebraska in March 2010 and had the Tru-Center installed on my 08 Dynasty 45 Yorkshire IV. I had a great experience there including the test drive with the installing tech. He continually encouraged me to PUSH the button to demonstrate the effect of the device; even to the point of over-correction to prove that it was functioning.
Following the installation, I have driven about 5000 miles and have continued to push the button and have experienced "rail track" like driving in stiff cross winds through North Dakota and Wyoming several times in the last 8 months.

I simply wanted another experience to be voiced concerning the Tru-Center.
jsabatinos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 11:27 PM   #56

Monaco Owners Club
Sorry, the date is March of 2011 for the installation at the Blue-Ox factory.

jsabatinos is offline   Reply With Quote