Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-04-2014, 08:54 AM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kro1957 View Post
Well, one has to wonder....... how is it so many relatively new rigs now used are back on lots just a few months after they went out the door. Like others mentioned, we also check out every aspect we can, fit, comfort, build.

Most of these new rigs do not have any power to them at all so testing out electronics, AC, how it rides, find out after you buy it. I have had some sales people tell some rather foolish comments that exposed their lack of knowledge. Sometimes they were not even aware of certain aspects that were published in the manufactures web site.
Lots of reasons new rigs are back up for sale. RV'ing wasn't their lifestyle, health or family problems right after the purchase, and a very common one, it wasn't as much fun after the 3rd payment was due.

The last person you want to gain information from when making your decision is the salesperson. It is going to be your money so gather as much education about the product as you can before making the purchase.

If you want first hand information, drive to an RV park in your area and find owners of a rig you are interested in. Ask them what they like and dislike about their unit. Unless theirs is for sale, you will get honest answers.

Once you are serious about a floor plan that is perfect for you, any dealer will get power to it and let you spend time in the unit to see if it is right for you. Do not be afraid to ask the salesperson if you and your wife may spend some alone time to make your decision. Most will gladly leave you alone if they think they are close to a sale. They will not let you spend the night in it and have it be a used coach before it leaves the lot.

There are hundreds of thousands of us that have been very please with all of our RV purchases. With the right amount of knowledge you can also be a very happy RV owner with the one you decide on.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-04-2014, 11:57 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
Or ask the question on that owner's website by starting a new thread. I'm sure owners will tell you what they think about those things you wonder about.
This is probably your best option. You are more likely to get honest answers on that coach's site rather than a general site. Normally on the general site, everybody tells how wonderful their coach is.
Old 01-05-2014, 07:15 AM   #17

Thor Owners Club
Is there a independent research agency that puts the test to RV's?
Like sub zero temps. Check it out for heat loss, heating of the tank areas. They have those infrared guns you point at object and it will show heat loss. A lot of other testing that could be done as well on the construction and endurance.

Like Consumer Reports does on products.

We used to get Trailer Life and they had would highlight various Manufacturers but I do not think they give a real independent picture.

So far, from my perspective is putting the question out on forums like this for opinions and when the time comes to purchase our rig new, I want to tour the facility, ask a lot of questions and go from there.
Kro1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 02:06 PM   #18

Ford Super Duty Owner
While looking for our third upgrade we learned one of the largest dealers in the US will not even allow test drives without agreeing to purchase? We only found that out after setting an appointment, driving almost 300 miles one way and spending the night in a motel for our 9AM show and tell! Needless to say since we are moving from gas to diesel this is very important to us no matter how good the reviews are. I suspect few RV's are sold in the buyers home town. So I would suggest you ask lots of questions before leaving home.
Suzie & Chuck USNR USAF USCGA Challenger Owners Club 2015 37KT Challenger, Demco Commander tow bar, Ready Brake, Sewer Solutions, Safe-T-Plus 41-230, 5-Star tune, towing 2017 Ford Edge FWD 3.6L V-6 four down & 385 FastTrack kayak in the basement.
Summer - Creede, CO Winter - Okeechobee, FL
ctpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 03:21 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctpres View Post
While looking for our third upgrade we learned one of the largest dealers in the US will not even allow test drives without agreeing to purchase? We only found that out after setting an appointment, driving almost 300 miles one way and spending the night in a motel for our 9AM show and tell! Needless to say since we are moving from gas to diesel this is very important to us no matter how good the reviews are. I suspect few RV's are sold in the buyers home town. So I would suggest you ask lots of questions before leaving home.
When ever I've been back to my dealer they beg me to drive one. They know if you like you might buy. Last time I really liked the coach and absolutely did not like the drive. Goes both ways I guess.
ChallengerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 03:34 PM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
The dealer we bought from (USED) let us live in it over night. That was after a 45 minute drive. I dont think they would do it if was new though...
KA7UYZ NRA Endowment Member Retired Fire Service
dnystrom is offline   Reply With Quote