Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-11-2019, 11:25 AM   #15

I used this on my gel-coated Vectra and the results were mixed. My lower doors are painted with no clear coat (older style automotive paint) and it did not work well at all there. It did leave some residue. On the glossy gel coat it works out really well, just don't expect it to make it shine if it does not already, the water beads really well however. (Not bad for a 23 year old Winnebago ehh)

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-12-2019, 09:08 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Just finished a 38 footer, all sides with excellent results. Several storms since then and no streaks. I used just 1/2 of the spray bottle on the initial application. Mop and Glo for the white roof. I'm not really sold on the Mop and Glo. My concern with roof is if it needs a repaint, how do you prep it after using polymers without damaging the sides.
f365gt4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 05:27 AM   #17

I have a black car that badly needed wax but i didnt have time to give it my usual proper wax job. Saw the Mequiars Ceramic at the auto parts store and decided to give it a shot, cause something is better than nothing. That was two months ago and considering the amount of effort I put into it, which was next to none, I'm still pretty impressed.
5spd97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 07:25 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5spd97 View Post
I have a black car that badly needed wax but i didnt have time to give it my usual proper wax job. Saw the Mequiars Ceramic at the auto parts store and decided to give it a shot, cause something is better than nothing. That was two months ago and considering the amount of effort I put into it, which was next to none, I'm still pretty impressed.

Thx
Old 07-13-2019, 03:18 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vectraguy View Post
I used this on my gel-coated Vectra and the results were mixed. My lower doors are painted with no clear coat (older style automotive paint) and it did not work well at all there. It did leave some residue. On the glossy gel coat it works out really well, just don't expect it to make it shine if it does not already, the water beads really well however. (Not bad for a 23 year old Winnebago ehh)

Wow! Nice! How did you get that 23 year old gel coat to shine like that?
dougrc12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 03:42 PM   #20

Waxing full body paint please help!!

I live in New England and I am a newbie detailing a class A with full body paint. I have been waxing my class A using a 3 step product which includes Mothers pure polish, meguiars pre-polish and last but not least meguiars ultimate liquid wax. This is the same process that I would wax my everyday vehicle. My spouse thinks that I am insane applying a 3 step waxing system to our 30 foot RV and feels that there has to be an easier way. I am being too overboard? Is there an easier 1 step product that will give me the same outcome? Please help!!
firechic1603 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 08:55 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougrc12 View Post
Wow! Nice! How did you get that 23 year old gel coat to shine like that?

Thanks.
I typically need to run a buffer over it once a year...If it's not oxidize a lot you can use a foam pad on a dual orbital, but often it needs the same kinda buffer you would use to cut-n-buf a new paint job in a body shop, with a wool pad. Mequiar's 105 or 205 does the trick. It requires hours on a ladder, and it sucks.
Old 07-14-2019, 06:25 AM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
We used Rejetix for the first time a few months ago on all our cars and the motorhome. So far, we love it. The mh needed a wash after a 3k trip and a good rain when we got home did it for us. Just a few bugs in front to get and done. One car did Ned a wash after a lot of dirt road travel, but was very easy to wash.
Old 07-14-2019, 01:39 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by firechic1603 View Post
I live in New England and I am a newbie detailing a class A with full body paint. I have been waxing my class A using a 3 step product which includes Mothers pure polish, meguiars pre-polish and last but not least meguiars ultimate liquid wax. This is the same process that I would wax my everyday vehicle. My spouse thinks that I am insane applying a 3 step waxing system to our 30 foot RV and feels that there has to be an easier way. I am being too overboard? Is there an easier 1 step product that will give me the same outcome? Please help!!
For paint I would encourage you to try 3M Hand Glaze. You can apply it by hand or use a buffer with a light cut foam pad. It might allow you to combine the pre-polish and polish phase into one. Auto paint stores should carry it. Pretty sure you can get it on Amazon too.
Old 07-14-2019, 01:51 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgelesley View Post
We used Rejetix for the first time a few months ago on all our cars and the motorhome. So far, we love it. The mh needed a wash after a 3k trip and a good rain when we got home did it for us. Just a few bugs in front to get and done. One car did Ned a wash after a lot of dirt road travel, but was very easy to wash.
Spelling? Googled Rejetix and it only came up with what looked like gamer sites. I'd be curious to know more about this product. Thanks
Old 07-14-2019, 01:57 PM   #25

Winnebago Owners Club
Rejex
2015 Itasca Sunova 30A, Brazel Ultra RV Tune, Safe-T-Plus, Sumo Springs on front, CHF, Hellwig Endlinks, SuperSteer track (Panhard) bar, Roadmaster rear sway bar, Koni Shocks, 900 w. solar, Battle Born House batteries, Roadmaster Falcon 2, Ford Escape PHEV and DW.
waterman480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 04:17 PM   #26

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterman480 View Post
Rejex
Yes that is right. Traveling now and tired, sorry for the typo! Anyway, the stuff is easy to apply and it works.
Old 07-14-2019, 04:37 PM   #27

Big believer in Meguires products here....
I have not used the ceramic (yet) but I can offer up this -
18 months ago, I compounded my entire trailer - all 42’ of it - and then used Meguires Ultimate Polish on the trailer. Last spring ,before we headed north, I washed the trailer again and was going to re-apply Meguires Ultimate, but found that the water still ran off in sheets and beaded everywhere when I washed it.
This trailer sits outside in the hot Arizona sun...
You just can’t beat that....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	13802787-137E-4049-9C92-7489B1BFE4CB.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	286.7 KB
ID:	253275  
Old 07-15-2019, 10:08 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Foot View Post
Big believer in Meguires products here....
I have not used the ceramic (yet) but I can offer up this -
18 months ago, I compounded my entire trailer - all 42’ of it - and then used Meguires Ultimate Polish on the trailer. Last spring ,before we headed north, I washed the trailer again and was going to re-apply Meguires Ultimate, but found that the water still ran off in sheets and beaded everywhere when I washed it.
This trailer sits outside in the hot Arizona sun...
You just can’t beat that....
Sounds pretty impressive! You said last Spring water was still beading, so how many months of protection do you figure you are getting? And that's sitting outside right?