Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-30-2014, 03:11 PM   #1

TST 507 Flow-Thru tire monitor system

Anyone have experience with this system? Are there other flow-through systems around. Would like to hear about any system as I need to get this done before August.
Thanks
COCO2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-30-2014, 03:56 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have the
TST 507 Flow-Thru tire monitor system and really like it a lot. Just add air without removing anything and you can change the batteries yourself.
I had some problems in the beginning with losing communication, but now
installed the repeater under my coach and it works flawless. Feel much safer knowing the pressure and tire temperature going down the road.
Also TST support has been excellent.
jjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 04:00 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Lots of posts here regarding TST system, mostly all favorable - especially the after the sale. I have the flow through sensors on the rear, and regular sensors on the front as the flow through being larger conflicted with the wheel cover. TST really swapped out the original flow through I had.

I really like the system. The safely aspect of course, but also the convenience of being able to do the tire pressure check during pre-flight from my easy chair.
A search will find many comments and info.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 04:01 PM   #4
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club

IMO the TST507 is the system to have!!
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 04:48 PM   #5

We've had it for 3 years now, very happy with it.
Old 05-30-2014, 08:27 PM   #6

i've had mine a year now. The only negative I have is flow-rate through the transmitters, it is sloow.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 08:30 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to Statgeek Send a message via MSN to Statgeek Send a message via Yahoo to Statgeek
TST 507 Flow-Thru tire monitor system

I gave up on the flow through --too many needed to be replaced that I lost confidence in them. But I now have their non-flow through and they seem to work better.
Statgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 10:45 PM   #8

Thor Owners Club
We just took our first trip with the TST 507 and it performed flawlessly. We didn't buy the flow through unit. We pull a 34 foot 5er and although I bought the repeater we didn't need it.
Fred1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 05:21 AM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
After reading several posts about TPMS systems I have decided to order the TST 507 system. We had an incident with the GMC Yukon that convinced me to research TPMS for our motorhome. Just a few miles before the Bay bridge on Rt 50 in Maryland I got a low tire warning. It was pouring rain and dark. I got off the road at a service station and got it fixed. It convinced me to order one for the RV. Thanks for all the good info.
dabrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 07:16 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
We've had the 507 system for about 1 1/2 yrs now. When I first got it I was not happy with the flow rate through some of the sensor when adding air. Had a nice discussion with the folks at TST, no hassles or questioning my concerns, they sent me some replacement sensors that work just fine. Very happy with the system, their customer service and the peace of mind knowing my pressures and temperatures at all time. One additional note, I originally was planning to hard wire the monitor but it holds a battery charge so long I only have to charge it about once every 3 weeks, so I just attached it to the dash with velcro and I'm good to go.
Old 05-31-2014, 09:27 AM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyDi View Post

IMO the TST507 is the system to have!!
X-2 good system, great customer service!
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 08:21 PM   #12

I have the TST system for the coach and tow. When they work, they seem to work well. Of the original 10 I bought, 2 stopped transmitting within a couple of months. The company replaced them without any hassle. One of the replacements has worked as it's supposed to, just like the other 8. The other sensor lasted about another couple of months and stopped sending info. Again, got that same one replaced with no hassle.

Now that same sensor has stopped transmitting, and as usual I contacted the company. After talking to a lady, she referred me to a tech who said they needed to thoroughly inspect the failed sensor, and that I must send it to them for testing. It's been almost a month since they received the sensor and I haven't heard one word from them, nor have I received a replacement.

The only request I had was for them to send me a new sensor, and not a refurbished one. Because of the same sensor failing, I'm left to presume that they sent me a used, or refurbished, one that continued to fail. I sure would like to have the sensor replaced soon so I can have info coming from all the tires.