Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-21-2014, 05:10 PM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
There is one VERY important question to ask when choosing a TPMS. That is, will my TPMS display the tire pressure BEFORE I put the vehicle in motion. Some systems rely on motion to power on the pressure transmitters. Me, I want to know the pressure of my tires before I pull out. The TST systems are always on and will always tell you your tire pressure.

As to the need for a repeater, I did not need one just for my coach. Once I decided to put sensors on my toad though I had to buy one. No big deal though. I just plugged it into one of the 12V outlets next to the sink and it keeps all the signals online all the time. Easy money in my view.

I'll also say that every customer service I've ever raised with TST has been handled wonderfully. I had one of the new flow-through transmitters (which I'd highly recommend) break shortly after upgrading to those sensors. They gave me a new one without question. Every time I call them for new sensor gaskets (required for battery replacement), they always send them to me for free. Great small company doing an excellent job of supporting their customers.

f14av8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-21-2014, 09:47 PM   #16

I have a TST 507 and my rig is 43' I don't need a repeater. However, I understand that if I decide to put sensors on my toad I will need it. Not a big deal and shouldn't be a deal breaker.

Old 07-22-2014, 01:34 AM   #17

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred1609 View Post
I just purchased the 507RV along with the amplifier. I liked the 507 unit because a. it locks onto the wheel with a provided tool preventing theft......b. The user can also replace the batteries when required.......We have a 37 ft 5er. We did two trips without the amplifier and the unit performed perfectly without signal loss. I'm sending the amplifier back. I dealt with Mike when figuring out which unit to buy and he immediately texted or emailed me back with answers to questions. So far, very good customer service. The instructions for setting up the systems is easy to understand and I completed the set-up in 15 minutes.
Hope that helps.
I bought a tps in 07 never had any luck let tires go flat lost a tire flat never warned then locked up scared to buy something else
Old 07-22-2014, 06:13 AM   #18

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hartb1999 View Post
I bought a tps in 07 never had any luck let tires go flat lost a tire flat never warned then locked up scared to buy something else
I can say from experience that the systems available in that timeframe were definitely inferior to those being marketed today. Remember, seven years is an eternity in the development and evolution of electronic products.
docj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 06:34 AM   #19

Damon Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimws View Post
I'm considering buying the above unit for my 38' camper and SRW F-350. My question is directed to those with a similar rig and experience with the tst product. Will I need to also purchase the optional amplifier for installation in the camper? Thanks in advance.
I've been using there systems for four years on a 38' Class A and TOAD with out the amp and had zero problems. It also comes with an optional antenna along with the stock shorty.

And, I agree with the comment about their customer service. They truly are the best if needed.
Old 07-22-2014, 06:48 AM   #20

Thor Owners Club
And as previously stated, the technology has improved by miles. On tt and 5ers these TPMS' should be installed. Otherwise you have no idea what's going on back there.....same for toads too.
Old 07-22-2014, 08:19 AM   #21
Moderator Emeritus

My system is the Pressure Pro and I've had it on two different coaches with 3 different toads. Each combination has required an amplifier (an extended antenna probably would have worked too) to get reliable readings from ONE of ten wheel sensors. And it was never the furthest away sensor that was hard to receive. It's was the toad right front wheel on our 36 ft coach and its the coach left-rear-inner wheel on the 40 footer.

Based on that, I conclude it is signal interference rather than distance that is the problem.
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 08:55 AM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Tst tpms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayobx View Post
Very good system, good CS. Only issue I've had is the sensors won't work on my inside duals with valve extensions. They TST will be at the National Rally and I'm sure they will figure it out! Talk with Mike.
I will be at the National Rally in September. I will be arriving the 14th of September. Please come see me. Thanks Mike
Old 07-24-2014, 09:40 AM   #23

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I'm kind scratching my head on the whole repeater issue. I understand saving money but in the grand scheme of things the cost of the repeater is minimal.

According to the Tire Minder rep at the Newmar rally they now package the repeater in their base system of 6 or more sensors because significant numbers of buyers ended up needing them. TST...consider that a hint.

I can say that in my 39' gasser I had to use a repeater because for what ever reason I kept loosing my right, inner dually. That was even after changing sensors. The repeater fixed that problem. OTOH, when I drove my 43' DP home after the trade-in and before I had a chance to move the repeater over to it, I didn't lose signal on any of the sensors including the tag wheels. Go figure.

To the best of my knowledge the repeater eliminates almost any spurious signal complaints any user has talked about. There is nothing more annoying that false alarms regardless of the system one chooses to purchase.
Old 07-24-2014, 09:44 AM   #24

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Very good system, good CS. Only issue I've had is the sensors won't work on my inside duals with valve extensions. They TST will be at the National Rally and I'm sure they will figure it out! Talk with Mike.
I recently replaced my valve stems around the coach including one piece dually stems. For some odd reason neither of the front flow through sensors will accept air anymore. They also are slow to show pressure once they are removed to add air to the tire. By slow I mean they slowly show higher tire pressure reading over a period of several minutes until they show the final pressure. Very strange.
Old 07-25-2014, 08:42 AM   #25

Fleetwood Owners Club
Don, is your system TST? If so give Mike a call. He's great to work with!
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 08:44 AM   #26

Fleetwood Owners Club
Mike (TST). Thank you I'll see you at the Rally:
Old 07-25-2014, 09:29 AM   #27

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Don, is your system TST? If so give Mike a call. He's great to work with!
Clay...yep...I will give Mike a call after things slow down. It hasn't been a big deal and I'm hoping things slow down in a couple days that I can double check the set up. It could be as simple as an overly loose or tight valve core in those stems. I had something similar in my previous MH and it was that the core just needed to be backed of about 1/4 turn.
Old 07-26-2014, 07:41 AM   #28

Fleetwood Owners Club
Don,
Could be the valve core I had to adjust two for proper read. However, the absence of no reading on the inside duals has me stumped. I ordered the best valve extensions as recommended by TST about $50.00 still nada! Mike sent me the 507 like the toad uses. They may work I just haven't had time to program reprogram etc. I'll let mike figure this one out. I hope not to have to spend the dollars to remove the outside tires and rims and install fixed longer one piece stems, but you know how it really works!