Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-10-2014, 02:38 PM   #1

TST TPMS Systems

Started to install my system the manual says to plug in for 15 minutes to charge the battery. The manual shows all the buttons on the monitor so I now which is which. So my question is my does not turn off with the switch what am I doing wrong?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-10-2014, 03:06 PM   #2

You are not doing anything wrong. It's a TST system. I regret buying it, but maybe you have better luck with it. It will eventually go off by itself.

al2ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 03:11 PM   #3

Great I seem to always be the unlucky one.
Old 05-10-2014, 03:23 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Does it turn off when unplugged? My TST system has worked very well for the past 4 years.
MoBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 03:30 PM   #5
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I think you will find more satisfied users than not.
See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 04:00 PM   #6

Mine stays on as long as it is plugged in.
No matter what I do with the switch.
Old 05-10-2014, 04:01 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-nickie View Post
Mine stays on as long as it is plugged in.
No matter what I do with the switch.

X2 here

NHSO (Newmar Hoot, Sevierville Original), Kindness Matters
redbaron73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 04:38 PM   #8

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRR View Post
I think you will find more satisfied users than not.
X2; the product is excellent; far better than the {unnamed} brand I used to have! The company is very easy to deal with if you have questions or concerns.
docj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 04:55 PM   #9
OWV

Quote:
Originally Posted by fountain42 View Post
Started to install my system the manual says to plug in for 15 minutes to charge the battery. The manual shows all the buttons on the monitor so I now which is which. So my question is my does not turn off with the switch what am I doing wrong?
Based on my experience, if the unit is plugged in it won't turn off. If you unplug it you should be able to turn it off.

Regards,
OWV, Our Wandering View
Entegra Anthem, 44B
Old 05-10-2014, 05:01 PM   #10
OWV

Inside wheel of the dual axle

My apologies for maybe getting off target, but this thread provides a good opportunity to ask if anyone has had problems with the inside wheel of the dual axle. I have a valve extension from the inside wheel and have attached a pass through sensor to the extension. The sensor registers on the monitor inside the coach, but if I use a tire gauge to take a manual reading, no air escapes from the sensor to trigger the gauge. The sensor works fine when it is not connected to the extension. Has anyone had a similar problem, and, if yes, what did you do to fix the problem?

Thanks for any input you might be able to provide.

Regards,
OWV, Our Wandering View
Entegra Anthem, 44B
Old 05-10-2014, 06:16 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by OWV View Post
My apologies for maybe getting off target, but this thread provides a good opportunity to ask if anyone has had problems with the inside wheel of the dual axle. I have a valve extension from the inside wheel and have attached a pass through sensor to the extension. The sensor registers on the monitor inside the coach, but if I use a tire gauge to take a manual reading, no air escapes from the sensor to trigger the gauge. The sensor works fine when it is not connected to the extension. Has anyone had a similar problem, and, if yes, what did you do to fix the problem?

Thanks for any input you might be able to provide.

Regards,
OWV, Our Wandering View
Entegra Anthem, 44B
It sounds like your TPMS sensor is opening the valve and getting a pressure reading. Your tire gauge is not depressing the valve enough to open the valve. Those extensions are finicky. They are essentially two valves. One on the rim and one on the end of the extension. They are linked together by a spring. For some reason the spring contracts and causes tolerance issues.
al2ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 06:28 PM   #12

[moderator edit]TST ops 24-7 if plugged in, switch functions only in bat mode--is this an issue--think not! Also think display fades to dark to conserve bat, if in bat mode, vs plugged in to 12v. Ive decided that valve stems vary as do the pass-thru sensors. No problems with my install but did try switching the sensors from stem to stem to get the best fit on a friend's rig....need to hand tighten sensors to/near the max to get stems to seal correctly and to discharge air when needed....
Old Scout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 07:25 PM   #13

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OWV View Post
I used to have similar problems with those inside dual extensions and even had a tire go flat because the extension had loosened. I ditched the extensions and installed Crossfire equalizers on both my duals. Now one TPMS monitors both tires; a pressure drop of ~10 pounds indicates one of the tires has dropped in pressure and the Crossfire valve has closed to prevent the other tire from depressurizing.
docj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 10:16 AM   #14

I turn off my TST by holding the - button for several long seconds.

1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote