RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-09-2018, 08:36 PM   #57
RV Mutant #172

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Ha! That would be quite a surprise for sure!

Get it on video!

Roadmaster Nighthawk II towing a 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511/ Good Sam/ Passport America.
Electra 225 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-11-2018, 05:24 PM   #58

I can't watch that show much anymore but I admit to being addicted to several RV channels on YouTube.

2017 Nash 23D
Bigdogboogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 05:32 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdogboogie View Post
I can't watch that show much anymore but I admit to being addicted to several RV channels on YouTube.
What kind of RV channels?
2004 Montana 2955RL, 400 watt solar, 2000 watt inverter/charger, 4-Interstate 225AH 6volt golf cart batteries, All LED lights,Champion Remote start 3- fuel option 3100/3400 inverter/gen.- 2000 F-350 7.3 4x4 long bed crew cab SRW.
weredoingit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 07:23 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by weredoingit View Post
What kind of RV channels?
Just some folks travel/RV tips channels like the Long,long honeymoon couple and a guy called RV Jedi. Just two I can think of off the top of my head.

I'm not sure if "channel" is exactly the right word or not but it's each persons collection of videos.

There are tons of RV related videos on YT, Some are excellent, Some not so much.

2017 Nash 23D
Bigdogboogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 08:35 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdogboogie View Post
Just some folks travel/RV tips channels like the Long,long honeymoon couple and a guy called RV Jedi. Just two I can think of off the top of my head.

I'm not sure if "channel" is exactly the right word or not but it's each persons collection of videos.

There are tons of RV related videos on YT, Some are excellent, Some not so much.
Thanks I was just curious.
2004 Montana 2955RL, 400 watt solar, 2000 watt inverter/charger, 4-Interstate 225AH 6volt golf cart batteries, All LED lights,Champion Remote start 3- fuel option 3100/3400 inverter/gen.- 2000 F-350 7.3 4x4 long bed crew cab SRW.
weredoingit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 04:19 PM   #62

RV Trip Wizard
We have a friend who had a friend move to Hawaii and they did the House Hunter's show with them AFTER they bought so I think think that is really the way they are done. We love seeing the coaches, cast stand the rest. Why does everyone care about the cabinets? Shouldn't they care about the chassis? How about handling? Lol. We've been looking and researching for over 5 years and are finally ready to go for it. You'e seriously telling me people show up, look at 3 coaches with no research and buy? (and only three?) lololol.

At least, I really hope not!!!
DavenMonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 12:47 PM   #63

The hook for every one of these shows is getting the audience to yell at their TVs which one they would pick.... trust me. It works and it works well. I used to be a producer.
kpecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 03:06 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpecks View Post
The hook for every one of these shows is getting the audience to yell at their TVs which one they would pick.... trust me. It works and it works well. I used to be a producer.

I yell at my TV, but what to pick isn't one of then multiple choice answers.
Old 06-09-2018, 04:49 PM   #65

Reality TV shows prove there's no end to stupidity and that you can't fix it either!!
Dennis and Irene and Mizzie (The Incredible) living as Full Time RV Mutants #176
"Duchess" a 40 foot Newmar Dutch Star 4095 + "Duke" a GMC Terrain Towed
Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 05:00 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eez Moose View Post
Reality TV shows prove there's no end to stupidity and that you can't fix it either!!

And it just keeps getting worse..........
Old 06-09-2018, 11:22 PM   #67

We enjoy seeing the equipment well knowing itís a scripted show and look at the folks as entertainment.
Palms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 10:01 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electra 225 View Post
Agree. There was some beautiful stuff on that show.

+2
Flytecamp was a great show and filmed about 3 hours from here. It was nice to see the craftmanship on display in restoring vintage RV's.

This "Going RV" almost never discusses power train and engine (my interest). When they do, it's on a Classs A diesel pusher. And then they say "this one has 300 horsepower and this one has 350 horsepower", totally neglecting the torque figure which is most important.
Old 06-10-2018, 02:24 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
I can't ever think of a time that I started a thread that didn't have something to do with fixing or fabricating something, but this TV show is really goofy.

If you haven't watched the show, it's typically about a couple/family buying a new RV. They're shown three RV's and choose one. My issue, are there that many RV buyers out there that are as inept as some of the people on the show. I know some are brand new buyers, but they make statements like....I don't like the wall paper, you'll have to change it out or I don't like that small stripe (out of five) on the exterior. I need a bunkhouse model, but that bunk is high and my kid will fall out.

Today, a lady looked at a stacked washer and dryer and complained that it was too small for her family of five. I guess it never dawned on her that she could do more than one load. After they look at each RV, they do a list of Pros and Cons with some really idiotic Cons, like the washer/dryer was too small, even though it's the biggest in the industry.

In another episode today, the family tells the salesman they have a 6800 pound toy trailer. The second RV she shows them is a 30' Class C with a 5K tow rating. I think they bought the Super C, but typical salesman not LISTENING, or better yet, terrible technical director.

I watch the show, one because I was bored and two I like seeing some of the new RV's. I mainly watch it to see some of the dumbest things people or salesman say. It can be entertaining!
Agreed on some of the comments people make on the show. Well DUH, it isnt a house with normal size cabinets or closets. I chuckle when hearing some of the questions. Sure makes you wonder how some folks think about things.

olddog49 is offline   Reply With Quote