Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-27-2015, 04:55 AM   #1

TV's at 90 Degree Angle from Seating Area Options?

I am checking into a new motorhome where the seating area is 90 degrees from the TV. I am wondering what other's have done to keep from having to keep your head turned that all the time.

I am looking at two options.

1) Will a swing-out mount help any? It will have to swing way out into the open or kitchen area.

2) The other option is to put another TV at the computer/workstation option and use a wireless HDMI connection for it. This would be straight across from the seating area.
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-27-2015, 05:16 AM   #2

Just keep your 31SA that has the TV in the right location .

It blows me away how many RVs still do not have the main TV located across from a primary seating area / couch / lounge chairs........... With flat screens there is no excuse to have the TV at an uncomfortable angle to where you sit.
Betr2Trvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 06:10 AM   #3

these also make no sense to me either, tho I understand the design challenges that manufacturers have - but at least put it on an arm.
i have seen several nice, more upscale, coaches that were tempting to buy, but the tv placements had me scratching my head.
I have 5 tvs in my Palazzo and not one requires me an uncomfortable viewing angle. : )
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 06:22 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Then do a mod!

We had a DS and PS sofa's removed as well as the TV over the dash. We did not like having to turn sideways to watch the TV. Entertainment center on the PS has our TV that is on a motorized lift. The DS has 2 Lazyboy wall hugger recliners that sit oh so comfortable!
We are now fulltiming so this setup is absolutely perfect for us. We have a very nice http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o01_s00 air mattress that we carry for guest.
But our rule is Drinks 6, feeds 4, sleeps 2!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1351.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	127.0 KB
ID:	104834  
journey15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 06:39 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucrabbie View Post
We had a DS and PS sofa's removed as well as the TV over the dash. We did not like having to turn sideways to watch the TV. Entertainment center on the PS has our TV that is on a motorized lift. The DS has 2 Lazyboy wall hugger recliners that sit oh so comfortable!
We are now fulltiming so this setup is absolutely perfect for us. We have a very nice http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o01_s00 air mattress that we carry for guest.
But our rule is Drinks 6, feeds 4, sleeps 2!
This is how I would setup a new motorhome. But we will have a loveseat with recliners and a center console area. This is where Sophie sits or lays.
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 06:39 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterT View Post
these also make no sense to me either, tho I understand the design challenges that manufacturers have - but at least put it on an arm.
i have seen several nice, more upscale, coaches that were tempting to buy, but the tv placements had me scratching my head.
I have 5 tvs in my Palazzo and not one requires me an uncomfortable viewing angle. : )
FIVE TV's? Good grief, it's a good thing they came out with flat screen TV's or you'd have been overweight before even getting on in the coach!
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 07:51 AM   #7

Some, as I have, moved the TV with a lift into a cabinet across from the seating area behind the loveseat.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	#2.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	292.6 KB
ID:	104842  
Ramets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 07:52 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterT View Post
I now feel inadequate with only 4 TVs. Geesh.......

Outside
Main "living from" across from couch
Front overhead (which we actually use more than I tought we would as a convenience since you can see it from the kitchen area and dinette, often with the main TV on too)
Bedroom

Where is your 5th assuming 4 of yours are similar to what I have?
Betr2Trvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 08:33 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
depressed with only 4 too but two at odd angles as well...
We both take bed pillows and lay on the opposing couches until
Ramets tells us how to put a lift behind our sofa
AND which wireless hdmi to pick out of the many offerings

Me thinks we have the room behind one or the other of our sofas !
Old 08-27-2015, 08:44 AM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
I replaced a love seat across from the main couch with a entertainment center.
It has a 46" LED Smart TV, DirecTV Genie, Home type Stereo with Bose surround sound speakers, Blue Ray DVD, older VCR, Cassette player and PC printer/scanner/copy.

Front 20" TV is still used to see from kitchen table that also has a Desktop PC with a 22.5" monitor.
Outside compartment has a 26" LCD with a H25 receiver.
Bedroom a 19" LCD with a HR23 receiver
Bathroom straight across from the throne a 9" CRT TV with a Winegard converter for digital.

If you count the desktop and 2 laptops that can also stream Live TV that will make 8 TV's in mine.

Not counting the iPhone 6 Plus or the 7" battery powered portable TV.

Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 05:06 PM   #11

I'm planning to add a small 1 above the mid ship entry door. Not as cool as a big 1 but will work better while we travel at least
iamblum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 07:53 PM   #12

Do those wireless hdmi's work well? Seems it would really open up mounting options in a coach
gtsum2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 09:22 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betr2Trvl View Post
Just keep your 31SA that has the TV in the right location .

It blows me away how many RVs still do not have the main TV located across from a primary seating area / couch / lounge chairs........... With flat screens there is no excuse to have the TV at an uncomfortable angle to where you sit.
Ditto. When we were shopping new ones as soon as I looked inside and saw that setup I moved on. Just bad design with the new flat screens, etc.
Old 04-21-2016, 02:30 AM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
It's always been a problem in the RV world, just trying to squeeze in everything with limited space. I would check other floor plans that are out there for something that is or that the tv can be changed with little trouble to fit your needs.
US Navy Vet.
Bruce C is offline   Reply With Quote