Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 10-08-2016, 06:27 AM   #1
American Coach Owners Club
TYRON Flat Tyre

Does anyone have experience with this type of tire? Would you advise purchasing? Seems like a very safe alternative, especially when you are rolling down the road at 60-70MPH.

mchidiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-08-2016, 07:47 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Here are several threads on the subject of Tyron Bands. They have been discussed many times here on iRV2.

The links below should give you plenty of reading material.

US Navy Vet, Liberty Tree Member of Oath Keepers, NRA & VFW Life Member, Alaska EMT.
2009 Safari Cheetah 40 SKQ
2009 Winnebago Chalet 231CR
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 08:10 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Did you put them on your car? After all, you probably drive that more miles - and faster - than your RV.

The downside of Tyron, other than the high cost, is that it makes getting a tire replaced or repaired difficult. Special equipment is required and few shops other than Tyron dealers have it. You should probably carry it with you, along with instructions how to use it.
Gary Brinck
2004 American Tradition; 2014 Buick LaCRosse
Homebase in the Ocala Nat'l Forest near Ocala, FL
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 09:03 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Found out I had the Tyron bands when I put tires on mine. Tire shop didn't know what they were, I didn't, they made a tool (Allen wrench) stuck it in a drill and loosened them, put my tires on and tightened them. No big deal. I later found that I had the Allen head tool in my owners manual boxes.
Randy & Kathy-n-Auggie
07 HR Navigator 43PBQ, 525hp Cummins ISX, 09 Flex Limited AWD
Randyman1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 09:31 AM   #5
If I had them, I'd retain them, and be sure I had instructions and tools to support tiring changing while traveling.

I do believe the add a degree of extra safety.

But I have not bought them. Considered it, and decided that maintain good quality tires, properly aired, and with a TPMS - was reasonable enough preventative measures. The one area that I would not be covered with, that they would aid in, is in a catastrophic blowout tire failure. I'm betting, and yep it is a bet, that that would only happen if I hit some road debris. And I do the best I can to know what our tires are rolling over, if I can not avoid debris, I get prepared as anyone can for a sudden blowout.

I myself, and have my wife too, review the Michelin Blow Out video yearly. It is so instinctive to back off of the gas pedal, that we both occasional remind ourselves of 'What do you do in case of a blowout?' - accelerate until you get control...

If funds were unlimited, I'd consider them, as they do add extra safety.

A decision that each must make.

Roo II is our 04 Country Coach Allure 40'
OnDRoad for The JRNY! Enjoy life...
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote