Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-04-2011, 03:02 PM   #1
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
UltraGuard RV Mud Flap Reflectors (Where to purchase)

I know there are a few other threads with "Ultrguard" and Ultragard but I thought this needed its own area.

I have been searching, and searching, searching, for the reflectors that are on the Ultraguard RV Mud flaps. One came off and got mangled on my mud flap. Unfortunately, up until today I did have much success.

My last call to a web site dealer, RV Stuff USA had the most help offered. That was to call me back with a phone number if they could find it. Yvonne did call me back, and I have to say that they were most helpful. Another good place to visit on-line and get parts and help.

While on the phone, then waiting for the return call, (I know, I'm winded again - shux) I started digging deeper into the internet. Remember, I have surfed to the end, so I know where things are. and I came upon the answer.

The manufacturers of UltraGuard RV Mud flaps is:

Smart Solutions, Inc.

I called the number I found and asked if they were the manufacturer of the Ultraguard RV Mud Flap. The answer was yes. I was elated to say the least because of the amount of time I had to spend researching this data. But, hey, that's me.

I spoke with Mr Higgins and he said that the reflectors were for sale and that they were, at this time, $15 a pair. However, they do not take credit cards and a check is the method of payment. Well, my check is in the mail and I should get the reflectors before we head out on our next sojourn.

Mr. Higgins was most helpful. I now need to look and see what other products they have.

They are:
Smart Solutions, Inc.
PO Box 568
Itasca, IL 60143
630 775-1517

The phone number that I got the return call on from RV Stuff USA is: 800-227-1517

Both companies seem to have great service.

Good luck.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-06-2011, 11:46 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Camping World has them for around $3.00 These are the 1' x 12' reflectors. Also, Google conspicuity (sp) reflectors. Hope this helps.
BPSavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 12:56 PM   #3
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Where were you when I needed you!!

I just checked the Camping World web site and their "wide angle reflectors" are foam stick on. I don't think that will hold up on the mud flap. The ones there have bolt holes. Another option would be a reflector of any size with an attached stud with a screw base.

After checking conspicuity reflectors, they are also stick on.

I guess I didn't need you after all.

I'm surprised there are so few responses or thank yous to this thread. I must be the only RV'er that needs this type reflector.
Old 05-06-2011, 01:17 PM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
I would use the stick on's with eternabond tape.
sCarycary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 03:34 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
If you don't have the stainless steel strip on the bottom of the flap to attach the stick on reflectors to they are stuck on a polished aluminum plate that is bolted to the flap. At least that was the way my Ultraguard was. etrailer.com has the reflectors with 2 bolt hole for a bolt on mounting. Just trying to help.
BPSavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 09:03 PM   #6
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
One of ours shattered last year. Luckily our dealer had old stock (from traded in units) & put a replacement reflector on ours for free.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 10:05 AM   #7
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
BPSavage,
Thanks, I saw what you were referring to: Red Conspicuity Reflector

That would work. I would also attach it via a backing of stainless or aluminum. Aluminum can be polished to shine like chrome. I've done it on motorcycles using 4000 grit steel wool, burnishing tools, etc. I'll keep those at etrailer.com in mind.

Thanks for the help.
Old 05-07-2011, 10:35 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Wayne; Now you find them. I looked off and on for about two years. Traded in the coach last June.
bdpreece is offline   Reply With Quote