Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-08-2014, 08:16 AM   #57

We have two dogs that travel with s everywhere. The labradoodle is as quiet as a mouse and unfortunately our yorki-poo can be a yapper. We try our best to limit our time away from the MH but when we do go out we use the same preventatives as mentioned by other posters radio, tv etc. we also purchased a non-shocking remote bark collar (it just vibrates). All we have to do now is place it on the ground in front of her and the sight of it alone quiets her. We also have a Pet Alert sign that is displayed in our window lists our cell phone numbers in case of an emergency. I used to worry but I always ask our neighbors if our dogs disturbed them and always the answer has been no....so my assumption is that that the use the opportunity to take a much needed nap!

Kim
Car Dolly: Mini Cooper Clubman
vanbuskirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-08-2014, 04:25 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKAL0PE View Post
Well I think the big tip that I've gotten is to leave the TV on. I'm going to go a bit further and lock them in the bedroom/bath so they can't get up in the windshield area and look out. I'm thinking that if they're back there where we can close the blinds and make it dark, they'll just go to sleep.
If you have problems, and nothing works, a static anti-bark collar pretty much takes care of it quickly, and efficiently, as long as you spend a couple extra dollars, and buy a decent one.
IamJerryP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 04:50 PM   #59

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
You know that animals which are awake all day and sleep all night are diurnal, and animals which are awake all night and sleep all day are nocturnal. And the animals which sleep all day and sleep all night are dogs.
I have found that our dogs do tend to nap most of time, unless there is something interesting going on. So I don't think they will bark all the time we are gone, just when someone comes by.
Old 06-09-2014, 09:23 PM   #60

Monaco Owners Club
Our JR Terrier, lives to bark. When we leave him in the coach we leave the TV on with some cooking show or like. He like me gets bored quickly and goes to sleep.
Seriously, he barks when he thinks we can hear him and after we drive away he settles down. We have checked this with several neighboring campers and they all have told us the same thing. It is us that is the problem. LOL.
Old 06-12-2014, 05:31 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by PushedAround View Post
I use the D-Link cameras, DCS 942L & DCS 932L, but there are many on the market. D-Link has a free cloud setup with the cameras so that I can stream them through my Verizon MiFi internet connection and view them on my iPhone. The MiFi has the WPS feature so that you can just push a button on the camera and connect the camera to your MiFi network, easy peasy.

Oh, and the picture is clear enough that you can put a reasonable size thermometer in the view and be able to read it.
Thanks for the recomendation. I bought the 942L and it works great with my iPhone as a hotspot and a satechi mini router for the camera to connect. It work perfectly. I leave my iphone in the RV when we are out and we can watch our Lab on the DW's phone. Thanks again for the insight.
Cobra1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 07:08 AM   #62

One time we were called to the office about our dog barking,,,,,when I asked them how you know that it was our dog they said because when we walked by your coach and touched the side the dog barked........so I said that I guess the dog was doing his job and next time don't bother me with this kind of talk about my barking dog....never again had a problem from the front office....go figure
Bill
Old Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 06:44 AM   #63

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I agree with most posts we leave the blinds closed and the tv on, the dogs get to watch tv and the interior doesn't get all sun faded and helps the AC kept cool a few degrees.
Last week while at a park there was a guy across the lot that thru 3 glasses of water at his dog siting outside the door. After the 3 he figured it wasn't working and brought the dog in. It still barked all day. His wife came over later that afternoon to visit the other neighbor with the dogs running off leash and when our dogs voiced a opinion about them she came over and I heard her say -O- they have theirs on a leash
The guy next to us didn't know we had 2 so called yappers for 2 days. TRAINING!!!!
Tim
ps still didn't wreck the week though, good for a few laughs...
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 06:24 AM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickest1 View Post
Our JR Terrier, lives to bark. When we leave him in the coach we leave the TV on with some cooking show or like. He like me gets bored quickly and goes to sleep.
Seriously, he barks when he thinks we can hear him and after we drive away he settles down. We have checked this with several neighboring campers and they all have told us the same thing. It is us that is the problem. LOL.
Based on some of our previous observations, I think there's a good chance that ours do the same thing. That's why I'm going to do the cellphone check I described earlier to check and see what their behavior is like after we're gone.
JACKAL0PE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 06:30 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamJerryP View Post
If you have problems, and nothing works, a static anti-bark collar pretty much takes care of it quickly, and efficiently, as long as you spend a couple extra dollars, and buy a decent one.
Hope I don't have to go that route. That's one of those collars that shocks them if they bark? I'd hate to do that, but if we get to a last resort, I may have to. Thanks.
JACKAL0PE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 07:34 AM   #66

Quote:
Hope I don't have to go that route. That's one of those collars that shocks them if they bark? I'd hate to do that, but if we get to a last resort, I may have to. Thanks.

Actually most of those collars are multi level devices. When activated by a bark they start with a very mild static type shock and progress up through a number of levels. They are very humane. Once the collar is used effectively, just the presents of the collar is enough.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 07:39 AM   #67

Quote:
It is not that bad, I equate them with a Tens unit from the chiropractor.
I ocassionally use ecollars in training, and never hesitate to test them on myself at higher levels than I generally use on the dogs.
Constant barking is a self rewarding psychosis, so stopping it is doing your dog a favor. because they would much rather travel with you than be left at home, and kenneled at some "pet resort"
Generally the bark-less collars scenario plays out like this, with a quality unit.
Dog barks,
dog gets a level one correction,
dog goes Hmmmm
Dog barks again,
Dog gets level two correction.....
Dog either stops, or gives it another try, and gets a level three correction,
only the truly insane ones try for a level 4 correction, then they quit.
The thing about the collar is because it is more consistent and predictable than a human would be about stopping barking.

A calm dog is a happy dog, too often people think crazy is happy, and shelters, and rescues are full of "Happy dogs" that were too "happy" for the people to live with.
IamJerryP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 06:29 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra1 View Post
Thanks for the recomendation. I bought the 942L and it works great with my iPhone as a hotspot and a satechi mini router for the camera to connect. It work perfectly. I leave my iphone in the RV when we are out and we can watch our Lab on the DW's phone. Thanks again for the insight.

The only problems with this type of camera from what I can gather and I could be wrong is that 1..The video is streaming whether our not you are watching it...That can eat up 5gb of bandwidth in a hurry...2...You do need a router of some sort for it to work...It won't work if you have a hotspot alone (eg Verizon Jetpack)...

There is a camera on the market from Cloudcam that will work with any router or hotspot meaning that you don't need a router...Also it has 2 way voice and the best feature is that it only uses bandwidth when you are watching the video, not all the time...Of course it is more expensive (about a hundred bucks more) but if all the above is important to you than it is worth it...I think that this is the one that I will purchase...

CloudCam Indoor Wireless Fixed Day and Night IP Camera w/ MicroSD Slot, 2 Reviews : 3Gstore.com
movin-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 06:44 AM   #69

Tiffin Owners Club
My cameras link directly to my MiFi. It is a wireless router. Whether or not it constantly uses bandwidth is a good question and I will have to check I that. We only have the cameras on when we go out, so for a few hours that shouldn't be a problem.
Old 06-16-2014, 07:34 AM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by PushedAround View Post
My cameras link directly to my MiFi. It is a wireless router. Whether or not it constantly uses bandwidth is a good question and I will have to check I that. We only have the cameras on when we go out, so for a few hours that shouldn't be a problem.
Interesting because I had called D-link tech support to make sure that their cameras would work with my Verizon Jetpack 4620L hotspot and was told that it would not work on LTE networks which I guess the Jetpack uses...Something to do with public IP addresses...I am not at all knowledgable on this stuff so I am more confused now...Guess I'll call Dlink back to make sure...What model mifi do you have and who is your service provider....Thanks
movin-on is offline   Reply With Quote