Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-26-2013, 06:29 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Private businesses still have the right to run their business somewhat the way they want. It might limit who can stay there, so those that don't like it can find another campground.
So far we've never been forced to stay where they didn't want us or our 11 year old rig.
I agree wholeheartedly. I have no dislike or qualms about the CG only wanting Class A's, It is their business. I just see lost revenue... but there are plenty of CG's that do want business

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-26-2013, 08:12 PM   #30

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4082856248.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	340.6 KB
ID:	41342
Old 06-27-2013, 09:40 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finhawk View Post
Gee, that's the reason I don't got money
LOL me to.
Big Bear Local is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:02 AM   #32

Being rich in life has absolutely nothing to do with money or stuff. IMHO, the people who made that statement are poor in life. 2 words for that kind of attitude "epic fail"
Old 06-27-2013, 05:57 PM   #33

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padre View Post

I judge people by their character and not by the rig they can afford..
Well yes. but let me tell you of one Class C I was parked near last spring.

It was an older (1980's) unit but the owner was restoring it, and doing all the work himself, he was doing a very good job of it too. (He is a general handyman type person) yes, it was low cost and they did not have a car to tow behind it (But neither do I on my A) The man was a "long hair hippie Type" but .. Well, you talk to him and he's very nice, and honest. (You can guess how I know). his girlfriend is ... Well, what a Shrink would call "My new vacation home' But again. He seemed to be able to handle her. And girls #2 and 3. (#3 behing 3 years old, #2 being mommie, no, he (the guy) was not daddy) were .. Well, "Kept to themselfs": types. (She too has issues).

But it did not take long for us to become friends. (like2 minutes)

Like you.. I try to look beyond the cover.

The old saying "You can't judge a book by it's cover"

Well.. I have read a lot of books, hundreds if not thousands, (Yes, I'm being literal here, books, a collection of pages with printing on them) and I still remember one titled Lurid Dreams,,, Now what does that bring to mind...

I did check to be sure before I bought it, but it was a dang good science fiction book about a guy who would enter a Dream State and in that state go back in history where he met the likes of Edgar Allen Poe.
Old 07-30-2013, 06:36 PM   #34

yup..thats the only way to be ..can't judge book by the cover ..
Mikeyk58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:06 AM   #35

Winnebago Owners Club
Um, let's see...
YEP. If they have a real expensive rig, it means they either have the money to buy it, or it was given to them, or they stole it, or they forged the documents for a loan. If they have a real inexpensive rig, it means they can't afford a more expensive one or they want to spend their money in other ways, or they couldn't steal something better, or they didn't know how or were morally opposed to forging documents. If it's neither of the above it means that none of the above applies.

Oh yeah, that really helps me to know what kind of person they are....

Irene
Trekkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:30 AM   #36

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
You can tell a lot about someone from the rig they have. For example the dude with the brand new million dollar plus Provost is likely very well healed financially. Where as the dude driving the 20 year old Class C.. not so well off financially.

However there is another quality that I deem more important than the size of their bank account.

The dude restoring the 30 year old Class C I was parked near last spring, Long "Hippie Style" hair and all, Was one of the nicest people I've ever met.

NOTE that the guy in the Prevost was nice as well. but not as well but not nearly as "Friendly" in that other than helping him set up (And at a performance, (he was the performer) I never saw him.

Now, I do admit Tommy (Prevost) was a good guy.. Just like many "Stars" he tends to enjoy his privacy. For that matter I do to (to a point).

But judging a book by it's cover can cause you to miss many good books.. I know.. I have read a few with covers that were kind of, shall we say, off putting.

(In this last paragraph by BOOKS I mean, the kind you find in a library or book store, No "Figurative" in it at all, though it applies to people as well as books)
Old 07-31-2013, 08:53 AM   #37

Vintage RV Owners Club
Snobbery is a global phenomenon.

And yes I'm one of those guys restoring a 30 year old class C motorhome.

I guess I just don't want to re-mortgage my home so I can go buy a fancy rig that I'll use 4 weeks a year! When our rig is done, and on the road, it'll be paid for..

Does that make me a bad person?
Old 07-31-2013, 08:55 AM   #38

Monaco Owners Club
WA - be careful with the illustrations --- some of us may get the wrong idea

and it IS true we can "generally" profile by the rv...

but there's a saying I heard a LONG time ago when I was writing some code for an actuary business..

While generalizations are usually right, they are wrong in some cases

and statistics ARE generalizations - but do show trends....

that ole' conservation of energy thingy ---

a body in motion tends to stay in motion, etc....
Old 07-31-2013, 01:24 PM   #39

iRV2 No Limits Club
As the pope just said: "Who am I to judge?"

I agree judging is NOT my job.
Dog Folks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 06:34 AM   #40

Older gentleman with worn out 82 Winnie stays at same CG nearly every weekend. Rough looking, biker type person. Enjoys fishing, sitting around fire, having cold beer on our pontoon, He just enjoys people and everyone enjoys his company, says he camps to meet new people and get out if the house. Last weekend invited a few if us to his home for cook out. Turns out his house is 6000sg ft. Log cabin style home seven miles down the lake, Cobalt boat and ski doos at his dock. And he enjoys his weekends in his old 82 Winnie around us common folks. Money buys things, People buy memories.
ltfishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 06:45 AM   #41

That story warms my heart and is one reason my wife and I love RVing. You never know who you are talking to and I find most that we meet enrich our time in some way and that is priceless!
Bespos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 06:47 AM   #42

Triple E Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padre View Post
Wife heard the wife of the owner of the park where we are at say:

"You can tell a lot about people by the kind of rig they have"

I honestly cannot believe that people can be that shallow.....

I judge people by their character and not by the rig they can afford..
What do you mean by what they can afford
Please think about what you just said.Your are judging people by what the rig costs???? How do you define character. Just ask me why I bought a $23000 1998 34 ft gas pusher.
In the mean time I am going to have some popcorn while I await a reply.
My neighbor must have a lot better character than I. His rig cost him $100,000. And when we travel together he likes it when I lead. But a lot of times he likes to lead.
Now are you really sure that, you said what you really mean?
opc orn:
Ted Lambert is offline   Reply With Quote