Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-31-2014, 06:00 AM   #1

Under cabinet coffee makers?

Do they make them anymore?
I thought they were very popular at one time.

What is everyone else using in their RV?

EricGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-31-2014, 06:07 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricGT View Post
Do they make them anymore?
I thought they were very popular at one time.

What is everyone else using in their RV?
I use a relatively short counter top coffemaker. I think it's a Mr. Coffee. Tucks under the cabinet when not in use. I think most people prefer portable devices now.
Old 07-31-2014, 06:30 AM   #3

Under cabinet coffee makers have a down side. That is the steam generated during the brewing process tends to delaminate cabinets. In an RV, with the "high quality" cabinets, the situation would be worse than a stick house.
nosticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 06:49 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Black & Decker still makes "Space Saver" under the cabinet coffee makers but holy cow are they expensive. Here is one from Amazon Amazon.com: Buying Choices: Black & Decker SDC850 SpaceMaker 8-Cup Coffeemaker with Thermal Carafe
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 07:16 AM   #5

Forest River Owners Club
I have one of the Black & Decker Space Saver coffee makers mentioned in the previous post. Send me $25 and it's yours.
Old 07-31-2014, 07:17 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD4Mark View Post
Black & Decker still makes "Space Saver" under the cabinet coffee makers but holy cow are they expensive. Here is one from Amazon Amazon.com: Buying Choices: Black & Decker SDC850 SpaceMaker 8-Cup Coffeemaker with Thermal Carafe
That model was about $80 at Walmart but it's been discontinued.

If someone really really really wanted an undercabinet I guess they could just build a hanging shelf ...
Old 07-31-2014, 07:23 AM   #7

Iin other threads it seems Kuerigs have been mentioned quite often. I can understand the popularity of them, next to no mess, make only as much as you need, etc. we bought one tried it out and returned it. I found I did not care for the taste as much as brewed coffee. There was also the cost factor of k-cups which is much higher than ground coffee. You just cannot beat the convenience of the Keurig though, I can certainly see why they are so popular with RVers. You might want to give it a try and see if you like it.
Orangepeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 09:35 AM   #8

Kurig seems to be the choice today.
Old 07-31-2014, 10:05 AM   #9

I never thought about the steam and the cabinets. I can see that being an issue.
We had a Keurig and ended up throwing it away. It went bad after about a year.
We also never quite found a k cup that tasted as good as good ole regular coffee out of a pot.

May have to look back into one again.
Thanks!

Old 07-31-2014, 10:39 AM   #10

Workhorse Chassis Owner
We had a Black & Decker undercabinet model, and replaced it because of the afore mentioned steaming, and general mess it made. We now have a Cuisinart 12 cup counter top model from Costco. We leave it on the counter, but do use a bicycle bungee to secure it as a precaution when traveling. Works great, takes about 7 minutes per cycle to brew. It also has a auto start timer, so we wake up to fresh brewed coffee in the AM.
Old 07-31-2014, 10:47 AM   #11

We have a Kurig that I move from the S&B to the RV and back. I should buy another. I drink tea, DW coffee. We both like hot chocolate. The Kurig does it all quickly and without have a brewing coffee maker and a Mrs Tea maker sitting on the counter. They never fell off the counter but the 2 units took up way more space than the Kurig.
gbburgess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 10:51 AM   #12

Ebay the words "spacemaker coffee maker" or "under cabinet coffee maker".... you will find many available even new in the box units. they are out there and you can buy one that will hang from the cabinet and move off the counter for you.
Gocoffeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 12:56 PM   #13

We have a Kurig, ease of use, fast brew. Do not like the taste or the amount of garbage it produces or the cost. But I have it, so I'll use it. Oh ya, the space the Kurig cups take up.
NorthernDriv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 01:36 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernDriv View Post
We have a Kurig, ease of use, fast brew. Do not like the taste or the amount of garbage it produces or the cost. But I have it, so I'll use it. Oh ya, the space the Kurig cups take up.
So, you have a Keurig and do not like the taste, cost, space, or debris but use it anyway?