Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 11-23-2013, 02:49 PM   #1
Under sink water filter recommendations

I have this on my Allegro Bus, it is a disposable unit which feeds a drinking water faucet on the sink, but it is a PITA to work on. One of the items the dealer allowed to freeze prior to my purchase was this filter and associated quick couplings. To repair, they installed threaded couplings, many of them, and they mostly leak. It leaked onto the cupboard shelf and made a mess of the faux wood material prior to my discovering it.

I would like to replace this mess with a canister type but recall back when I did so on my boat, the 12 volt pump, which was new, was apparently not powerful enough to push the water past the household type filter. I was a bit surprised that it would not work as the pressure at the faucet seemed to be sufficient.

Would appreciate recommendations as to what might work for this application. It would need to work when running on the tank/pump supply. I have looked at numerous filters claiming to be for RVs but they all refer to supplied water, not to the onboard system. Thanks!

Monkey Run is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-23-2013, 03:33 PM   #2
I suggest an undersink Reverse Osmosis setup. You'll be able to filter most any type of campground water with this.

2001 Mountain Aire DP 4095
TechWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 06:14 PM   #3
I checked that one out, very nice system. Looking to install something a bit simpler and less costly as this is our first RV so we are spending money on a ton of other items first. When we retire and can use our coach for extended periods, that will be our water system. Thank you so much for the information, it took me by surprise as I never suspected something like that was available for an RV.
Old 11-23-2013, 06:36 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
These are sold in the plumbing department at Home Depot. The kit comes with new quick disconnects fittings for your water line and replacement filters are $11.97. These have been working great in my MH. GE In-Line Refrigerator/Icemaker Replacement Filter-GXRTQR at The Home Depot
Chuck in SW FL
A "Classic" 2014 Entegra Anthem 42RBQ
2016 Colorado Z71 PU
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 07:13 PM   #5
Thank you, I will check that out. We need something for our first trip which will be in March. Approximately ten days and that will be it, vacation mostly used up, so a weekend here and there will need to suffice. As I work more on upgrading my coach, that osmosis system will certainly be on the list.