Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-06-2019, 09:17 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfisher003 View Post
Attachment 240923 While this is minor compared to some of the posts this is what was left by some previous slob campers. Unbelievable!! Yes, I cleaned it up. I have always followed the camper creed of leaving a campsite cleaner than I found it. To the slobs who leave trash in a fire ring and/or campsite—shame on you!

I hate that. I once arrived at a campground on the Pecos river near Santa Fe. I was tent camping back then. I spent 3 hours picking up garbage and filled two large trash bags full.
Jake21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-06-2019, 09:20 AM   #44

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamblum View Post
Haha you were so lucky. Luckier than some obviously. Wonder why they wouldnt trim that branch?
The oak tree does not bow (bough?) to the RV. -Confucius
Old 04-06-2019, 09:29 AM   #45

Quote:
Attachment 240923 While this is minor compared to some of the posts this is what was left by some previous slob campers. Unbelievable!! Yes, I cleaned it up. I have always followed the camper creed of leaving a campsite cleaner than I found it. To the slobs who leave trash in a fire ring and/or campsite—shame on you!
That's not for trash ?
Old 04-06-2019, 09:36 AM   #46

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Recycling bin.
Old 04-06-2019, 10:14 AM   #47

We arrived at a KOA in Carlsbad NM. While inside getting our site, this guy in a rental C class pulls around the rv, and parks directly in front of us. Since we had a toad on, we couldn't back up, and had to wait for rental guy to get his site, and finally come out. They set up a few sites over from us. They had the rental, and were being followed by an SUV. The father, and three kids proceed up to the main lounge and restaurant, and the mother, and two grandparents left in the SUV. Im guessing they headed to town for supplies. I went up to the lounge to try to download some info, as the wifi sucked at the site. After about 45 minutes, this other camper comes in and asks, " who is in campsite 3b". It is dumbass Dad of course. The gentleman replies he has shut off their water, as there is water pouring out the door of the rental camper. Turns out super dad hooked up the supply hose to the tank flush, and they all left the campsite unattended. Since they were kind of rude blocking us in at check in, I didn't feel that sorry for them. I felt more sorry for the rental company. Im sure all that black water pouring all through the rv would have made for a nice weekend with the family. Karma at its finest.
Old 04-06-2019, 11:02 AM   #48

If you've ever been to Trailer Village at Grand Canyon you know about 75% of the motorhomes there are rentals and most of those are driven by folks who don't speak English. You see some real strange stuff going on.

The folks next to us were all plugged in with their generator running and my grand daughter was playing with their kids. After about 4 hours I figured they had just forgotten and I went and reminded them that their generator was still running. They said "yeah, we know but we're trying to get our phones charged". They had plugged in and hooked up just fine but didn't know they needed to flip the post breaker on.

Another one was one morning I'm sitting there and I look over a couple of sites and this guy's got a sewer hose with no ends on it. He's got WalMart sacks on both hands trying to hold one end in the dump valve and the other in the sewer pipe. Of course, black stuff is going all over the place. I went over and tried to explain but I think he was German and we couldn't understand a word the other said. I held up my hand for him to stop, got my sewer hose and dumped his tanks. But I didn't shake his hand.
Old 04-06-2019, 04:40 PM   #49

Bonehead was backing up in pouring rain. Thank goodness his tires sank in too deep to go back another 2 inches. I woke up from my nap and found this.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1U5...KDC1igy2CU_ALh

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1mc...5v4F1gfstATJfQ
Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 06:27 PM   #50

Yikes
Jake21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 06:48 PM   #51

Monaco Owners Club
Do you know what kind of a sound it makes when you pull out of a campsite with the 50amp power-cord still attached to the power pedestal?

All I'm gonna say is: "I do!"
Old 04-06-2019, 07:04 PM   #52

what not to do

This was my reply to a post asking how to rinse black tank

Many will add what to do its not rocket science but...... after 19 years of doing this RV thing I did the unthinkable. As always turn on spray open black tank valve let drain out turn off spray completely drain black tank close valve turn spray back on let tank fill for 5/6 mins drain again close valve turn spray on but this time I go into the tiki hut on my site that has a TV sit down start watching tube. (flush running black tank valve shut) I was going to do something oh well if it was important I would have remembered. To hot outside so into the motorhome I go.

Well lets watch some TV in the recliner facing the front I start smelling a fowl odor A couple of dishes in the sink no........the garbage needs emptying no....... wow this odor is bad I get up and see the river coming down the tile living area NOW I remember what I was doing run out of there like greased lightning open the black tank valve shut off spray into our camper I go towels on the floor thanks to dumb luck the motorhome was slightly leaning to the front what we will call water stayed on the tile very little on carpet cleaned all up and it could have been a lot worst.

All to say no rhyme or reason to this spray on /off empty refill dump again fill go to next stop let splash around in tank dump at next stop, put ice cubs in and drive around then dump IT DOES NOT MATTER what you come up with just dont overfill your blanktank After 19 years I never thought I could do this oh well...........
the sights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 08:35 PM   #53

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Holy-! Pirate, I think 2 inches is an exaggeration. You can't get a piece of paper between his ladder and your slideout. Wow.
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 09:00 PM   #54
Dom

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sights View Post
This was my reply to a post asking how to rinse black tank

Many will add what to do its not rocket science but...... after 19 years of doing this RV thing I did the unthinkable. As always turn on spray open black tank valve let drain out turn off spray completely drain black tank close valve turn spray back on let tank fill for 5/6 mins drain again close valve turn spray on but this time I go into the tiki hut on my site that has a TV sit down start watching tube. (flush running black tank valve shut) I was going to do something oh well if it was important I would have remembered. To hot outside so into the motorhome I go.

Well lets watch some TV in the recliner facing the front I start smelling a fowl odor A couple of dishes in the sink no........the garbage needs emptying no....... wow this odor is bad I get up and see the river coming down the tile living area NOW I remember what I was doing run out of there like greased lightning open the black tank valve shut off spray into our camper I go towels on the floor thanks to dumb luck the motorhome was slightly leaning to the front what we will call water stayed on the tile very little on carpet cleaned all up and it could have been a lot worst.

All to say no rhyme or reason to this spray on /off empty refill dump again fill go to next stop let splash around in tank dump at next stop, put ice cubs in and drive around then dump IT DOES NOT MATTER what you come up with just dont overfill your blanktank After 19 years I never thought I could do this oh well...........
That is why i clip a timer to my shirt collar!
Dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 09:02 PM   #55

Years ago we were going camping with my wife’s brother and both of us had pop up campers. Now as we headed down the road we saw some dear running towards the freeway. We slowed down and got on the CB (yes, we used them in those days) and told him to slow down. Now my brother in law was a bit competitive so he decided to pass us at that moment (since we were slowing down). Of course one of the deers ran right into the corner of his camper! Killed the deer but we were able to continue the trip .

Now if that doesn’t qualify maybe this does.

Click image for larger version

Name:	F73A4A8F-7B92-43B8-B593-87F661C88797.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	278.8 KB
ID:	240997

This is what we found in our motorhome after bringing it home from the mechanic!

1998 Georgie Boy Swinger/2005 Jeep Liberty
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
rjreiffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 09:14 PM   #56

Not really RV related , but just something I saw on my way to a campground.
A number of years ago while driving in my previous motorhome on I 95,I passed a small Chevrolet car pulling a small inflatable boat on a trailer. The interesting part was the tongue of the trailer wasn't attached to a hitch, but it disappeared into the trunk of the car.