Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-06-2011, 08:08 AM   #15

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by turn1fan View Post
Hi,

Some of you have been following my thread regarding the trials and tribulations my wife and I have dealt with in trying to purchase a 2005 Beaver Monterey from Holland Motorhomes in San Marcos CA., for many years they were in San Diego and have recently moved north about 25 miles. Previous thread was "Illusive Beaver"

Anyway our relationship with them ended badly earier this week when we discovered that they were intentionaly trying to hide from us the fact that this coach had defective fuel injectors and it would cost over $6000.00 dollars to repair this issue. Their attempt to decieve us was discovered when I was comparing notes with the local CAT Service Center and discovered that they went so far as to physically alter a copy of a repair invoice that put them on notice that the injectors were defective. The original invoice noted that they declined to have this repair done. The copy of the invoice that they provide us had been altered to hide this information from us.

Together my wife and I decided that anybody willing to decieve customers in that fashion did not deserve our hard earned and long time save money. Fortunately we had only given them earnest money and when we presented the falsified documents they tucked their tales and credited our credit card. Like any upstanding scum bag the Sales Manager snuck out the back door and made a secretary process the credit. We will resume shopping for another DP in the near future and will be much smarter and a whole lot less trusting of the next person/dealer we choose to do business with.

As many of you who coached me through this said "BUYER BEWARE" when doing business with any dealer and especially this one!

Hope to see you on the road shortly!
Post it at www.rvservicereviews.com also. We need to stay on top of this kind of behavior.

az bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-20-2011, 07:11 PM   #16

Tiffin Owners Club
DW was contacted today by an inspector from DMV. Our complaint finally made it to the top....she said she would be paying the dealer a visit to review their files and ask some questions.

turn1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:25 AM   #17

iRV2 No Limits Club
Definitely you should report this to RV Service Reviews. The review they have for Holland is for when they were still in San Diego and is showing an Excellent rating.
Old 09-21-2011, 05:36 AM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
This sounds like something that Camping World would do.
Camping4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 06:35 AM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Hope they get their due reward.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:59 PM   #20

Just had a crappy interaction with Holland Motorhomes, at their San Marcos, CA location. I had previously had a good interaction with Steve, a long-time employee at the San Diego store (now closed) The salesman this time drove me away, along with a cash buyer for a new diesel pusher who was on the lot with us. When the cash buyer decided to buy a coach someplace else, the Holland salesman told him that he shouldn't bother bringing the coach to them for warranty work or service. Sounds like they don't want to make money in the service department either.
HighwayRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 12:53 PM   #21

Perhaps the DMV inspector will notify the new owners about the deception so they may seek compensation or reversal of the deal.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 12:12 PM   #22

Damon Owners Club
I would, without reservation, contact the State Attorney General and file a complaint. Your action might save another innocent purchaser from buying that DP or another coach from them
Old 07-17-2013, 09:39 PM   #23

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks for the heads-up in case we're ever in that area and need service. We'll look elsewhere.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:44 PM   #24

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighwayRanger View Post
Just had a crappy interaction with Holland Motorhomes, at their San Marcos, CA location. I had previously had a good interaction with Steve, a long-time employee at the San Diego store (now closed) The salesman this time drove me away, along with a cash buyer for a new diesel pusher who was on the lot with us. When the cash buyer decided to buy a coach someplace else, the Holland salesman told him that he shouldn't bother bringing the coach to them for warranty work or service. Sounds like they don't want to make money in the service department either.
Dealers don't make money on warranty work, that's why some of them tell you what the salesman did. They make their money on the sale and the owner paid maintenance or changes. They lose money on warranty work since the factory pays less.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:51 PM   #25

Yes, but warranty work comes with being a dealership, (and requires them to be an ambassador for the brand) and it ALWAYS results in additional customer-paid work, especially if they are reputable, honest, and fair. Hence, Holland must not be interested in making money on the maintenance side of the business either.

Roy

HighwayRanger is offline   Reply With Quote