Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-04-2016, 01:00 PM   #141
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
For some reason I could not get more than one picture to upload, this is the stand made out of off the shelf pvc fittings
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	162.8 KB
ID:	129126  
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-04-2016, 01:03 PM   #142
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The front TV is now totally done when you were in the front seats and looked up you could see the white headliner, that's now been trimmed with black wood
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	123
Size:	158.3 KB
ID:	129127  
Old 06-04-2016, 01:08 PM   #143
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The PO mounted the CB antenna by just drilling holes and lettin the cable hang down the wall and lay on the floor I've put up with that longh enough the cable is now encased dozen the wall through and the under the floor.

I have to do something about covering the hideous mess coming through the wall and the white channel has to be painted to a color closer to that of the wall
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	146
Size:	368.5 KB
ID:	129128  
Old 06-04-2016, 03:41 PM   #144
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The refrigerator fan is now installed as well, it's getting close to the time to get out of town
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	165
Size:	384.3 KB
ID:	129134  
Old 06-05-2016, 07:32 AM   #145

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRR View Post
The refrigerator fan is now installed as well, it's getting close to the time to get out of town
Let us know how that works out. I have one to install will be awhile before we trip again.
Old 06-05-2016, 11:24 AM   #146
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Will do.

The black mounted thru the fins is wiring loom to protect the fragile power line from any frost build up.

I ran a poor quick test over the winter with nothing in the frig and minimal door opening and there was no frost build up at all so I'm hoping to see less of the substantial build up I always seem to have.
Old 06-05-2016, 02:04 PM   #147

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Will do.

The black mounted thru the fins is wiring loom to protect the fragile power line from any frost build up.
Yeah, that is pretty flimsy stuff. Did you connect to the light? I'm thinking going down thru the drain tube to the additional fans I installed. Little worried about load on the PC board thru the light.
Old 06-05-2016, 02:19 PM   #148
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I connected to the light, I thought about going the tube route but then I would not be able to get the drain connection out when defrosting and maybe disturbing the cable.

It would be nice if it eliminated the need to defrost but I don't expect to see that happen.

I did see a hole in the top right corner where the thermistor wire goes thru but I don't know how difficult it would have been to thread the cable down to a power source.

I had a problem with that bulb burning out on a regular basis, I changed to a LED bulb the summer before last and it has not burned out since and gives off a lot more light. Well worth the higher cost for the bulb then again I ended up paying way higher considering the number of regular bulbs I bought.
Old 06-05-2016, 03:25 PM   #149

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
I connected to the light, I thought about going the tube route but then I would not be able to get the drain connection out when defrosting and maybe disturbing the cable.

It would be nice if it eliminated the need to defrost but I don't expect to see that happen.

I did see a hole in the top right corner where the thermistor wire goes thru but I don't know how difficult it would have been to thread the cable down to a power source.
I'm thinking the defrost may go away with this fan. I did a lot of reading and found from 2 sources the defrost cycle is every 49 hours. If I'm correct and I am not getting any/much frost I will start turning the fridge off than right back on every morning in use. The temperature rise and recovery time is brutal and makes me very nervous.
Old 06-05-2016, 04:49 PM   #150

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Updates to my Pace Arrow

I installed the same fan last year. Seems to work well. I really can't say if it does much good as I installed it not long after buying my MH. I did have to run the power line thru the drain tube as the light did not receive a constant 12 v. One other thing I've seen that looks interesting is a set of fans powered by a solar panel on a replacement vent cover that replaces the existing vent on the roof. This would help with airflow across the coils. Seems like it was a little less than a hundred bucks.

jt
2005 Newmar Kountry Star gas 3742, Workhorse 8.1L w/Allison 5 speed.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
JT, Em & the boys, Kong & Baxter (rescued grey tabbies)
harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 08:04 PM   #151
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
My reefer runs/cools great on AC not so good on propane this summer I'm going to have an extension cord from the inverter and plug it in when I would normally use the gas. I'm hoping if I get rid of the extra heat it will work better with no need for the fans. If it does work better I'll run it full time from the inverter.

The best thing I've found for it so far are the remote temperature senders, since I haven't been so paranoid about if it was cooling or not and kept opening the doors to check the temps it's been cooling 100%+ better, I now run it on 3 and the frig stays about 38 in the mid to high 90s out side. That was last summer with only a day or two without hook ups which is why I came up with seeing how it would run with the inverter.
Old 06-05-2016, 08:37 PM   #152

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
My reefer runs/cools great on AC not so good on propane this summer I'm going to have an extension cord from the inverter and plug it in when I would normally use the gas. I'm hoping if I get rid of the extra heat it will work better with no need for the fans. If it does work better I'll run it full time from the inverter.

The best thing I've found for it so far are the remote temperature senders, since I haven't been so paranoid about if it was cooling or not and kept opening the doors to check the temps it's been cooling 100%+ better, I now run it on 3 and the frig stays about 38 in the mid to high 90s out side. That was last summer with only a day or two without hook ups which is why I came up with seeing how it would run with the inverter.
what remote temp sensors are you using?
JT, Em & the boys, Kong & Baxter (rescued grey tabbies)
harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 11:12 PM   #153
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ive seen them in a lot of places, they were not really that expensive. There's one temp display in the monitor for the cabin as well as one for the reefer, one for the freezer, (you have to manually select which one you want to see) and I bought an extra sensor to use for outside temps. I've never figured out where to mount the outside one for a accurate reading.

I could not turn the display on as the batteries are out for winter storage
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	131
Size:	386.8 KB
ID:	129326  
Old 06-06-2016, 06:04 PM   #154

Fleetwood Owners Club
John, your fans look like the one is put in my frig and if yours work like mine you'll be a happy camper. I had quite a lot of frost build on my fins and now I don't have any. Brockx go for it. I hooked my fan up to the power source for the frig, I drilled a small hole near the bottom of the frig (didn't want too but) and ran the wire down inside the frig to the hook up. Easy and it worked. I'm going to look for those temp sensors I like that idea.
98FPA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pace arrow, ace