Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-18-2017, 06:59 AM   #323
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thank you for the link to the great write up.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-03-2017, 11:00 AM   #324
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Well after finding a overlooked bit of information by Dometic about my refrigerator that said even being a little bit off level could cause a problem with cooling I re leveled the bus from the intentional off level position to direct rain run off my roof and what a difference it made.

The problem I had this trip was the frig would not cool at highway speeds, rise up about 30 degrees while driving. I put the new inside fan kit in as noted above and ordered exhaust fans from the CoolerGuys, when I removed the vent cap I found a water leak inside the roof coming out on top of the refrigerator which turned out to be I think the gasket between the AC unit and the roof which I will replace when I get home. Anyhow I tilted the bus slightly to the drivers side to hopefully keep the water off the drug top, well my inside temps rose to over 50 inside! I releveled the bus and my temps have dropped dramatically

In all fairness the doors have been closed with very minimal openings and again very minimal contents in the frig it even goes down to 24 in the evening with the setting at 5, more than cold enough for a refrigerator.

Now back to the high temps while driving I evidently did not check for factory fans very good in the past as it turns out I have two of them from either the factory or past owner, they are half way down the frig mounted as pushers. It turns out one of them is not working which explains why the left side of the exhaust was about 30 degrees warmer than the right side.

Anyhow I'm still going to put the additional fans on since they've been planned on for a few years now.

I'd much rather work on the bus at home than here in Florida outside in the high 90s in the daytime.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	372.6 KB
ID:	178658  
Old 10-08-2017, 08:05 AM   #325
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The exhaust fans for the refrigerator have been installed and the low temperatures in the day time are within one degree of the night time temps, in the mid to high 90s, high humidity, and in direct sun light most of the morning and afternoon.

It's on all the time for the present and the controller will be wired in when I get home with more time, overall a simple installation except for having to do it outside in temperatures I normally do not deal with
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	77
Size:	308.2 KB
ID:	179131  
Old 10-08-2017, 03:04 PM   #326
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRR View Post
The exhaust fans for the refrigerator have been installed and the low temperatures in the day time are within one degree of the night time temps, in the mid to high 90s, high humidity, and in direct sun light most of the morning and afternoon.

It's on all the time for the present and the controller will be wired in when I get home with more time, overall a simple installation except for having to do it outside in temperatures I normally do not deal with
So they cover the entire top vent? Only concern I would have is if they stopped working (not likely) then the vent is blocked?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
GlennLever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 05:51 PM   #327
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I thought about that so I put it in place for a little more than 48 hours with the fans not hooked up and the temps seemed to be about the same as the last few weeks without the side mounting girdle in place to mount the top cover to, basically a wide open vent.

The proof will be in the trip home which was delayed a day or two so as not be traveling accross this latest hurricane (Nate), we got to Florida here the day before Irma touched down a few miles south of us at Marco Island.
Old 10-28-2017, 06:32 AM   #328
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I guess I'm leaving the bus here in FL while we go home for a few weeks then come back for a stay away from the cold weather.

The frig has been running in the hig 20s set on number five in the 90s outside, since I set it on number 3 it's been a very consistent 32.5 so I can't ask for any better than that.

I just opened it for a drink
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	63
Size:	318.1 KB
ID:	181263  
Old 10-28-2017, 07:44 AM   #329
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
Isin't that to cold for the refrigerator"

I googled "What should the temperature be in a refrigerator?"

and got this.

"The ideal temperature range for your fridge is 35 to 38 degrees Fahrenheit. Bacteria growth starts tripling around the 40 degree mark and things freeze at 32, so we're sticking with 35 to 38 as a goal."

For this "ideal temperature for freezer"

I got.

"Kitchen Fact: The ideal temperature range for your freezer is 0° Fahrenheit or below (-18° Celsius or below). Food stored at 0° Fahrenheit or below is safe to eat indefinitely (although quality and taste may be compromised after a while)"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 10-28-2017, 03:38 PM   #330
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I'd agree with that but since I'm going to leave it unattended for a few week I thought I would stick with the 32 since nothing has froze or attempted to yet. I have concerns where the temp might go if I set it to the number 2 setting.

There's not much in the frig at this point.

The problem I was having was the temps would go up some when driving down the road, I have only been about 300 miles since the fans were installed and they did show a improvement with maintaining cooler temps. Since I did not keep a record of what it did the last trip the actual temps have slid out of my head.
Old 10-28-2017, 09:55 PM   #331
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
I'd agree with that but since I'm going to leave it unattended for a few week I thought I would stick with the 32 since nothing has froze or attempted to yet. I have concerns where the temp might go if I set it to the number 2 setting.

There's not much in the frig at this point.

The problem I was having was the temps would go up some when driving down the road, I have only been about 300 miles since the fans were installed and they did show a improvement with maintaining cooler temps. Since I did not keep a record of what it did the last trip the actual temps have slid out of my head.
On trick to help regulate the refrigerator when there is not much in it is to fill some plastic gallon jugs with water and put them in the refrigerator. The only concern I would have is if the temperature actually did get to 32 that they might freeze. I have some inexpensive thermometers in both the refrigerator and freezer. With the refrigerator set to 3 the temperature runs right at 40 degrees in the refrigerator and -10 in the freezer.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 02-27-2018, 07:59 PM   #332

Fleetwood Owners Club
John, if you don’t mind me asking, can you give me a ballpark figure on how much the MCD shades cost you? And how many did you do? The entire coach? I can’t repair one more day/nite shade, lol. And did you install the shades? Also, any tips on replacing my decals on the coach? My silver ones are fading fast. Thanks for your info and time.
Harlan Snyder, 2004PaceArrow 35G.
HSnyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 11:16 PM   #333
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Do to the time line I paid to have them installed mainly because the factory would ship, them to their installer while we were in Elkhart faster than they would have shipped them to me.

If memory serves me well they were about 3k for all of them but they would have really been easy to have installed them myself and I might have got a better fit overall using my measurements.

But I consider them well worth every penny I paid for them.

Sorry I don’t have decals or any suggestions what to do about them.
Old 10-03-2018, 06:50 PM   #334
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Now with the new front tires the Centramatics are finally being installed I checked them for fit to the rotor and wheels like the instructions said got everything done like I was supposed to. But wait after putting the right front on and doing the left front I noticed I did not put the Centrematics on at all so take the wheels off again and install them on the second go around.

One thing I did notice which I have not seen mentioned before is you can still check the brake rotor surfaces through the wheel holes you just have to look a little harder.
From a different thread

Old 10-07-2018, 10:48 AM   #335
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Kind of late now but I’ve learned a simpler way to caulk seams just use a small amount of sealer at the seam then take a spray bottle of lightly soaped water then spray the areas then run your finger along the seams and the sealer won’t stick to the water.

It makes a lot smoother transition from the sealer to the other surfaces not to mention it saves a whole heck of a lot of taping.
Attached Images

Old 02-04-2019, 02:45 PM   #336
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I sealed the windows on my daughters TT and it it was much simpler using the sprayed on water than going the masking tape route and it gave it a better look when finished.

Tags
pace arrow, ace