Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-15-2015, 04:31 PM   #43
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
A little extra time?

I had some left over signs one of which fit a project very well, I use to store my Welcome mat in the water bay which meant walking to the rear on the passenger side across the rear and down the driver side to get as well as put away the mat.

Now it's just a matter of a step towards the front and put it in the bay, if anyone wants a old contact number for Ryder Truck Rental here it is

and with the welcome mat stored

It will also serve double duty by redirecting road grime away from my propane tank in wet weather.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-15-2015, 04:37 PM   #44
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCarillon View Post
Hey John I used a Dust Barrier pole to push the cabinet back up pole It worked very nice got it snug under cabinet pulled the only screw left holding it too outside wall the cranked it up tight and added 3 new screws
Knowing what I know now that looks a lot better than my choice of a 10 ton Portapower

Old 03-17-2015, 03:38 PM   #45
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
What do you do with an excellant sounding and looking set of OEM air horns

when replacing them?

I chose to mount them and wire them into the roof air horn mod

They are mounted with a slight downward and sideways mounting so in case of a minor fender bender hopefully they will not get pushed back into and cause damage to the AC and radiator and make everything immobile until sourcing a replacement radiator.

The dis connector in the upper right corner of the bottom picture does have a see through cover around it.
Old 03-17-2015, 03:46 PM   #46
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I draw the line at big windhields

I let Fleetwood replace these at Decatur, the steel center strip was cleaned of very minor rust and repainted

Sealant setting up overnight, the gap at the top of the windshield was completely filled with sealer to prevent leaks. The wiper blade park position was adjusted the next day

Old 03-18-2015, 09:01 AM   #47
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRR View Post
I built a paint booth to paint this truck I built because there was not a booth big enough within 400 miles

That is impressive.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
GlennLever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 11:08 AM   #48
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thank you it's a 1976 Peterbilt that looked like this when I bought it

Old 03-18-2015, 11:16 AM   #49
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
I like the tape holding the windshield. It's unique & ads dimension...maybe you should keep it that way. However, the blocks need more strapping to hold them secure at highway speeds.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 11:16 AM   #50
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Now for taking care of the dirty daily business just one hose to hook up for water fill and black tank flush. There is a one way valve for the black tank as well as a shut off valve. I put a manual hose reel, water pressure regulator, and inlet pressure gauge in as well.

I made the slinky stands so they are adjustable and don't fall over like the plastic extendable one I bought

I think the hose support will work so well I popped another $20 for a second one for a total of 20'

I got really tired of reaching underneath the bay with the slinky so the connection is now permanent under the bay within easy reach, I'll find out how well it works or not the first trip out this summer.
Old 03-23-2015, 11:21 AM   #51
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Sweet! You sure have had plenty to keep you busy over the winter, non-RVing season.

Hey John! Come to the FMA rally in June & I'll swap you coaches so you can work on updating ours with some of your nifty upgrades.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 02:23 PM   #52
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
My first ry with Dicor self leveling sealant

The initial use around the air horn bases I feel went very well, it might get a little touch up in a few days if needed but so far I don't think wit will be needed. The bigger patch behind the horn in the first picture is sealing where the original electric horn was mounted.

A preventative maintenance touch up of the rest of the roof will be upcoming in the next few weeks

Old 03-31-2015, 08:29 PM   #53
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Who would have thought of a computer built into a TV. I bought a 32" 15lbs TV Visio 32 M Series today I took a 400 watt inverter with me to Green Bay just to be sure the TV would fire up with it. I knew the advertisements said wifi ready but not being a computer person I did not really know what it meant. Imagine my surprise when the TV fired up and part of the procedure allowed for checking nearby wifi services. You take the cover off the back of the remote and it has it's own little keyboard

I guess I'll have to play with it in a few days.
Old 04-02-2015, 06:23 PM   #54

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
I built a paint booth to paint this truck I built because there was not a booth big enough within 400 miles

Thats a Fiat Spider. Year I can't tell. Yours? We have 2
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 08:37 PM   #55
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
It's a 79, side marker lights are 70, the tube bumpers have been replaced with filled in early blade style with out overrides, re-chromed, the front park turn lights are the early banana style as well.

The whole interior has been redone with Mercedes leather, door panels, top boot, trunk and under engine hood as well.

The front seats are Honda CRX SI high back all seats have been recovered with the same material.

As soon as a few more projects get done it will be put back together. I bought an 81 last summer just in case I don't remember where things go or I can't find everything when I put it back together. I was not the one who pulled it apart and then disappeared

I sold my 76 because the transmission was giving up the ghost and the driving season up here for it is very short, this 79 has no rust anywhere or replaced panels because of rust and I plan on it staying that way.

Oh it was stripped for a complete color change from blue to red, I know that's not every bodies choice but just about all the ones I've had have been red, this time I'm leaning to blood red.
Old 04-02-2015, 09:47 PM   #56
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
It's a 79, side marker lights are 70, the tube bumpers have been replaced with filled in early blade style with out overrides, re-chromed, the front park turn lights are the early banana style as well.

The whole interior has been redone with Mercedes leather, door panels, top boot, trunk and under engine hood as well.

The front seats are Honda CRX SI high back all seats have been recovered with the same material.

As soon as a few more projects get done it will be put back together. I bought an 81 last summer just in case I don't remember where things go or I can't find everything when I put it back together. I was not the one who pulled it apart and then disappeared

I sold my 76 because the transmission was giving up the ghost and the driving season up here for it is very short, this 79 has no rust anywhere or replaced panels because of rust and I plan on it staying that way.

Oh it was stripped for a complete color change from blue to red, I know that's not every bodies choice but just about all the ones I've had have been red, this time I'm leaning to blood red.

You have Talents!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
GlennLever is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pace arrow, ace