Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-17-2015, 02:40 PM   #99

Very nice work! Many of your ideas are now written down in my "Stuff for RV" folder. Thanks!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-17-2015, 04:49 PM   #100
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRR View Post
I've never found a place to mount the monitor that I was happy with it all kept coming back to this spot which meant drilling a hole in the dash. I'm an ardent believer in not drilling holes into a dash however today I broke that rule and drilled a hole (I believe I can hide that hole in the future if need be). I wanted it mounted somewhere in my field of vision while driving without really needing to take my eyes of the road.

I now have to work on hiding the wire, I don't like having wires hanging where they are not supposed to be.

In the driving position

In the steering wheel stowed position

Now I have to do the same for the GPS.
I do not like to drill holes either. I hated to stick the base for the GPS to the dash. Couldn't you have run the wire between the dash and the steering column?

GlennLever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 12:51 AM   #101
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinWasHere View Post
Very nice work! Many of your ideas are now written down in my "Stuff for RV" folder. Thanks!
I hope you enjoy them as much as I think I'm going to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
John, put the tools down....step away from the shop. Go RV-ing! That's an order.
Come the middle of June I'm gone for a few months first to St Louise ending up in RI after a few months I'll see where I end up in between.

I had a choice do what I wanted to to the bus or finish the yard from the garage build so I hired out the yard work

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennLever View Post
I do not like to drill holes either. I hated to stick the base for the GPS to the dash. Couldn't you have run the wire between the dash and the steering column?
I was careless when I took that picture and could have did better with the wire, I got some wire holders nothing fancy or earth shattering but it does make things look a little neater which was all I was looking for

See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 11:18 AM   #102
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The front bag filler hoses are mounted temporarily until I see if I'll keep them or not. If I keep them then I'll mount a gauge with two filler switches under the dash no sense spending a $1oo. now then don't keep the system

See My RV Upgrades
Old 09-09-2015, 07:48 PM   #103

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
What size of screws did you use for the cabinet droop on the front overhead?
Old 09-10-2015, 08:22 PM   #104
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Without being able to see them (I'm not near the garage to see the left overs) 3/8X3" construction screws behind the speaker grilles come to mind, it made a good bite into the cross beam. The L brackets were shorter screws as big as I could get them and still fit the bracket holes.

I've got about 4200+ miles from Marquette down to Alabama, then Florida, and up I95 to Rhode Island with some really rough roads with more to come back to Upper Michigan.

I can't have the house sitter look at the screws and tell me which ones I used as there are way to many in the drawers to be sure The right ones were ID'd.

I'll be home in less than a month if needed and I can tell you for sure. I'm sure one screw behind the speaker grille would have would have done the job but I felt two were better at the time.

It still fits tight to the ceiling.
See My RV Upgrades
Old 01-06-2016, 08:07 PM   #105
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The rear TV was replaced shortly after we got the MH it's a Visio with some poor sounds coming from it so it finally ended up with a sound bar, a cheaper Visio sound bar but it has some surprisingly good sounds from it.

In fact I bought a second one for the recently replaced front TV, it seems some people never learn the replacement was a Visio as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	331.4 KB
ID:	115882  
See My RV Upgrades
Old 01-23-2016, 06:18 PM   #106
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Finally got the rear TV complete with the sound bar except I see in the top picture loose cables inside the cabinet that need sprucing up, I did not see them when I was working on it

See My RV Upgrades
Old 01-23-2016, 07:02 PM   #107
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRR View Post
Finally got the rear TV complete with the sound bar except I see in the top picture loose cables inside the cabinet that need sprucing up, I did not see them when I was working on it

Nice. It is always interesting what you see in pictures of a project that you do not see when looking at the project with the naked eye. I suspect that you see the cables because the flash illuminated the dark space that you would not see on a day to day bases.

GlennLever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 08:11 PM   #108
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Your most likely right, thank you for pointing it out it kind of makes me feel a little better about it.
See My RV Upgrades
Old 01-23-2016, 09:03 PM   #109

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
John, That really looks good. I'm curious if the TV swings out from the frame or if you hinged the frame itself and somehow mounted the TV to the frame. I did a replacement TV in my bedroom, but I'm not really happy with the way it turned out. I may rework it later and make it look better.
jt
harleyjt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 09:59 PM   #110
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The frame itself was hinged from the factory, I screwed a few tabs to the floor from the top of the base (you can just barely see one of them in the picture) and just reinstalled the strap across the top of it and it has not moved a bit since the end of Oct/10. I also used a rubber stopper from a auto parts store between the front face of the screen to the back of the wood frame work to eliminate any movement (you can see that in the top so the picture).

The base board I used for a spacer shim to align the screen with came off the scrap pile and maybe, just maybe I might pull it out this winter and paint it black but only if I remember it

See My RV Upgrades
Old 01-24-2016, 07:08 AM   #111

Thought I would pop on your thread and check out your mods.
Really great stuff looked at all the posts, gotta say the most impressive mod is the wing on top in the first post ( how fast do you have to go before it lifts off ) LOL but you need to paint the wing to match the coach the white and green don't work.

Really tho good stuff.

AM in the process of large update of our older one year new to us MH, carpet front to back, almost full size electric dual reclining sofa 80 inches, redo dining area and many more,

just posted on thread ( what was the last thing you bought for your rv ) my post turned into a short novel.
pop-sicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 07:26 AM   #112
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have to admit you made me go back to find the green wing I went and read your post and it seems like you got a lot done with yours.

See My RV Upgrades

Tags
pace arrow, ace