Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-22-2015, 09:31 AM   #85
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Think on it some more, John. You'll find a use for those lights....eventually.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-23-2015, 08:55 PM   #86
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Screen door latch

It's stuck intermittently since I bought it usually it acts up with guests well now that I finally got around to it it seems somebody in the past took the screen door to exterior door lock off and remounted it in a different position, the extension tab was bent and cut too short. While rooting around the local Menard's store I found a door lock kit that the barrel was just a tad bit too big but it had a long enough extension tab.

I filed the barrel down to fit and cut the tab to size and it now appears to fit better than new in the original holes

See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 05:11 PM   #87
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Outlet for cable reel, the shiny wire loom is for the AGS and power source for the electric reel.

Old 04-25-2015, 05:21 PM   #88
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Finally put my updated fuel filter on instead of carrying it in a cabinet for the last four + years.

Bought from a iRV2 vendor so as to be able to use a normal GM fuel filter instead of the one of a kind Workhorse filter.

Workhorse uses four tie down clamps for the filter, one can not be seen on the line running out of the right hand side of the filter.

Old 04-29-2015, 05:42 PM   #89
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Front TV pretty well wrapped up

I now just need a nice looking piece of cherry wood (31"X7"X1"ish) to finish the top insert off, I'm using a piece of scrap wood for now that does not look to bad but the grain is too big for my liking. The bottom white looking insert is just a everyday 2X4 waiting to be stained.

I'm depending on finding a better piece of cherry wood during this summers travels but what I have now will do for now

Old 05-02-2015, 05:14 PM   #90
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
It's back together with the final screw re installed, the top piece of scrap wood will do for now until I can find some better matching grain (cherry wood) during this summers travels.

The top filler wood may get replaced with speaker cloth as the sound picked up a muffled tone when the fascia was installed, I have to go out now and see if I have to turn the external speakers on. There were three speakers in the two upper cabinets which I thought would automatically work when plugged in.

There was not a paper manual with it but it does have one built into the set, at least I won't loose it unless the TV goes bad

Old 05-02-2015, 06:43 PM   #91
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
That looks really sharp, John.

Lori-
Old 05-03-2015, 12:13 AM   #92
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thank you, I at least now know I can get a piece of wood at Trees to These a couple miles away from the Fleetwood Rally at Decatur next month.
Old 05-05-2015, 07:37 PM   #93
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
If I stare at my front end from the front I can see just the slightest of droops to the passengers side. I have a bad habit of seeing these droops that most people do not seem to see.

Just about all the heavy stuff like the toilet, frig, propane tank, water heater, furnace are mounted on the curb side and not realistic to move, and installing an extra leaf spring would be overkill so I thought I would try the airlift system this summer and see what happens.

I read where many have said their ride was improved which is not what I'm looking for as I really find nothing wrong with my ride or handling considering what it is.

They were easy enough to put on and if I don't care for them it will be no great loss.

I considered only putting one on the passengers side but sometime it my mind tells me it's not right so for now I'll air up the driver side with the minimum air pressure then air up the passengers side to level it.

Old 05-06-2015, 09:24 AM   #94

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRR View Post
If I stare at my front end from the front I can see just the slightest of droops to the passengers side. I have a bad habit of seeing these droops that most people do not seem to see.

Just about all the heavy stuff like the toilet, frig, propane tank, water heater, furnace are mounted on the curb side and not realistic to move, and installing an extra leaf spring would be overkill so I thought I would try the airlift system this summer and see what happens.

I read where many have said their ride was improved which is not what I'm looking for as I really find nothing wrong with my ride or handling considering what it is.

They were easy enough to put on and if I don't care for them it will be no great loss.

I considered only putting one on the passengers side but sometime it my mind tells me it's not right so for now I'll air up the driver side with the minimum air pressure then air up the passengers side to level it.

It is funny how your eye will catch small differences like that. And it will bug you until you do something about it.
Old 05-06-2015, 03:15 PM   #95
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
John needs to join in on that CLAC thread!

Lori-
Old 05-06-2015, 04:50 PM   #96
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
John needs to join in on that CLAC thread!

Lori-
I'm afraid I'd have to admit that may be true, I went through things and made a big box to put all the remaing projects in one spot so I'll be able to find them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
It is funny how your eye will catch small differences like that. And it will bug you until you do something about it.
I've left it outside to look at it and while it may be better I just can't seem to trust my eyes now I don't know if it's better or just aggravating me more. The air hoses are just hanging for now

Old 05-09-2015, 04:38 PM   #97
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
TPMS Monitor

I've never found a place to mount the monitor that I was happy with it all kept coming back to this spot which meant drilling a hole in the dash. I'm an ardent believer in not drilling holes into a dash however today I broke that rule and drilled a hole (I believe I can hide that hole in the future if need be). I wanted it mounted somewhere in my field of vision while driving without really needing to take my eyes of the road.

I now have to work on hiding the wire, I don't like having wires hanging where they are not supposed to be.

In the driving position

In the steering wheel stowed position

Now I have to do the same for the GPS.
Old 05-09-2015, 05:39 PM   #98
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
John, put the tools down....step away from the shop. Go RV-ing! That's an order.

Lori-

Tags
pace arrow, ace