Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-24-2012, 03:12 PM   #1

Upgrade magnatek 7345RU

I want to switch to Progressive Inteli Power P 9130 with charge wizzard. I understand this is not a "drop in" procedure. Do I have to be an electrician to make the switch.. Because if its too complicated I may just forget it less I screw something up. Has anybody done this conversion ? How much of a job is this ??
donandmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-24-2012, 05:08 PM   #2

iRV2 No Limits Club
If you can use a screwdriver and an Allen wrench you should have no problem. Check out the PD manual http://www.progressivedyn.com/CONVERTER_MANUAL.pdf
If you need help PD has good folks to help with support, but I would bet you will not encounter anything you can't handle.
You will not regret the change.
Shadowcatche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 05:10 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowcatche View Post
If you can use a screwdriver and an Allen wrench you should have no problem. Check out the PD manual http://www.progressivedyn.com/CONVERTER_MANUAL.pdf
If you need help PD has good folks to help with support, but I would bet you will not encounter anything you can't handle.
You will not regret the change.
Sounds good I'll order it
Thanks
Don
Old 03-24-2012, 07:37 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by donandmax View Post
Sounds good I'll order it
Thanks
Don
I ordered the PD9260 (60amp) $ 159.00 from Amazon
Old 03-24-2012, 08:52 PM   #5

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I found some very helpful info from best converter when I upgraded my Magnetek 7345 to a PD9260. Scroll down the page to click on the various customers names to see how they installed the new converters within the confines of the existing converter housing.

I mostly used the info from this link http://home.earthlink.net/~whemme/

Wanabee FTer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 07:07 AM   #6

Hey shadowchatche did you check out wanabee FTer link on installing this new converter. Sounds like a lot more than just a screwdriver and allen wrench to me. Holy cow this is a major operation.. Looks like more than I bargained for. Again Hope I dont screw it up. Installing the old 7345RU was a breeze compared to this mod.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:49 AM   #7

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Don,

It's not really that bad. If you use the 2nd link that I used, you can buy the hardware you need ahead of time. If you know how to use a power drill and a screwdriver you should be fine. The directions look a bit overwhelming because every step is fully explained.

I would say this has been one of the best upgrades I have done on my MH. My battery maintenance has dropped almost to nothing. I check the water level on the batteries every six months and barely needs any. When I need to run the genny to charge the batteries I can set the charge mode with the remote pendant to14.4 volts for fast charging which means less time running the genset.

Wanabee FTer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 10:52 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanabee FTer View Post
Don,

It's not really that bad. If you use the 2nd link that I used, you can buy the hardware you need ahead of time. If you know how to use a power drill and a screwdriver you should be fine. The directions look a bit overwhelming because every step is fully explained.

I would say this has been one of the best upgrades I have done on my MH. My battery maintenance has dropped almost to nothing. I check the water level on the batteries every six months and barely needs any. When I need to run the genny to charge the batteries I can set the charge mode with the remote pendant to14.4 volts for fast charging which means less time running the genset.
I think your right but at least your directions look longer than they really are because you describe it in detail. I'm sure gonna give it a try. Sometimes at my age I just get lazy and fret about everything I have to do. But it needs to be done so I'll just suck it up and get with the program. I'm going out there now and tear it apart and get everything ready for when it comes in.
Thanks you've been a great help and everyone has.
Don
Old 03-26-2012, 12:35 PM   #9

iRV2 No Limits Club
It looks like a lot more work that it is likely to be, but the excruciatingly complete details should make it a piece of cake. The one thing I would add is a piece of tape or grommet or what ever to protect the wires from the pendant where it goes around the case.
Shadowcatche is offline   Reply With Quote