Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-15-2014, 09:42 AM   #29

I removed mine & put it back on my new coach. Was a warm day and I just pulled it off. I had it on the slide out and only showed when the slide is out. It never hurt the paint at all. If ones has it on outside of coach it might be baked on from the sun?? Not sure.

Russell
ChallengerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-25-2014, 06:37 PM   #30

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We just took the RV to SC but slept inside my sister in-laws house . I'm 50-50 on adding Sc to the map .

Also on a Facebook forum someone mentioned putting the map on a stiff backing then hang it from a window with suction cup hangers . I'm going to try that first
caplad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 06:43 AM   #31
OWV

Quote:
Originally Posted by caplad View Post
We just took the RV to SC but slept inside my sister in-laws house . I'm 50-50 on adding Sc to the map .

Also on a Facebook forum someone mentioned putting the map on a stiff backing then hang it from a window with suction cup hangers . I'm going to try that first
Here is something we are going to try. We purchased the magnetized register covers (3 to a pack at Home Depot or Lowes). We are going to tape the covers together and then attach the map and trim. We have done this with smaller items that we didn't want to "stick" to the rear of the car and it worked pretty good. Will let you know how we make out.

Regards,
OWV, Our Wandering View
Entegra Anthem, 44B
OWV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 07:22 AM   #32

We use the anything goes rule. Overnight, weekly camping, feet on the ground, getting gas, passing through, etc. I now realize I have broken my own liberal rule and ask your forgivness: I installed the Great Lakes, but have not been in or on any of them.
Old 03-29-2014, 09:19 AM   #33
GCS

Our vote goes with driving thru! The important part is seeing what this beautiful country has to offer ~ and it has a lot!!

Guy and Cindy, and our two Shelties Buddy and Natalie
2008 HR Endeavor 40 SFT
2009 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Gloucester, VA
GCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 09:43 AM   #34

Winnebago Owners Club
First time around we had no rules (young and naive, I guess) and did a lot of tent camping, so "Drive Throughs" counted as a State. Second time around we pulled a pop-up and TT and decided that we had to sleep in the state for it to "count" as a State. Now in a MH, we are on our third time around and only count the State if we stop and play Putt-Putt Golf there. Funny how our perspective on travel has changed over the years! \ken
Ken, Deb, & Gadget (WIT Club, FMCA, SKP, and grateful volunteers with Habitat for Humanity and SOWERs), traveling in a well-behaved 2005 Winnebago Vectra 40FD w/1100w solar, some gee-golly-whizbang, and a TRAILERED 2015 Cherokee TrailHawk toad.
Bumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 06:21 PM   #35

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by caplad View Post
My wife bought me the vinyl map of the USA that marks the states you visited . She claims we can mark off a state that we drove through , I said only when we visited that state .

What say you ?
Are you really going to argue with your wife over this map? If I was picking battles that wouldn't be one of them. Let the games begin.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 07:01 PM   #36

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired and Happy View Post
We use the anything goes rule. Overnight, weekly camping, feet on the ground, getting gas, passing through, etc. I now realize I have broken my own liberal rule and ask your forgivness: I installed the Great Lakes, but have not been in or on any of them.
Read this one with interest since I can say we have actually traveled and slept on every Great Lake except Lake Erie. I had not even thought about that accomplishment when looking at this map.
Today finds us at Stone Mt RV Park getting ready to tour Georgia's State Capitol building on Monday. Since we have filled the map we were attempting to get a rubber stamp offered by all of the USA's state houses in a book designed for that purpose. That quest has been detoured since the DW's purse was snatched with the book inside, shortly after a visit to Mn state house.
If anyone is interested, the campground at Stone Mountain is really nice! Beautiful Lake that reflects the Mountain and nice level site under "reaching to the sky" Pine trees.
Need to get a picture of that!
Old 04-19-2014, 05:55 PM   #37

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by historyljc View Post
Are you really going to argue with your wife over this map? If I was picking battles that wouldn't be one of them. Let the games begin.
LOL . I didn't think of that .
Old 04-19-2014, 05:58 PM   #38

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I decided no on the drive through , but if I use the RV to a state then it counts . I made three trips without staying in it ,Once to a football game in Philly , Once to SC and yesterday to Strasburg PA for the day
Old 04-19-2014, 06:01 PM   #39

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Your Map, your Choice,,,, May I suggest, go with the wife's idea, it always works out better in the long run.....

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
BlueOx Aladdin Toads: '19 Tahoe, '22 JLU, '17 JKU, IRV3 Brake System
mc4fun is offline   Reply With Quote