Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 11-04-2014, 02:43 AM   #15
Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Originally Posted by rfainaire View Post
We're interested in purchasing a class A diesel soon - plan is to live/travel for a few years after we retire. We're looking for a used unit but find that ones we like are scattered all over the country. Surely potential purchasers aren't flying around checking these things in person - do people buy them sight unseen?
Would appreciate some words of wisdom from anyone who's been through this process.
Well to answer your questions, you said the ones you like are scattered all over the country, that is the most important thing is not to limit your search to one local. So you have found what you like, but they are far away? No problem, go online, look up truck repair shops in the area, call them and ask if they work on MH's, and have a certain mech. that they have do the work? Then ask if you can talk with him, ask if he goes and inspect's Mh's and what would he charge to do this? He may refer you back to his boss, or tell you he does this sort of thing on the side after work. Either way, you can find someone that way! Have it checked out by someone that works on them! And if it receives a clean bill of health, to your satisfaction, anyway, and you get the owner or dealer to the right price, then you can buy the plane ticket, or get the dealer to buy it for you. Depends on how much you are spending for them to pony up tickets. The second thing you ask is do people buy them sight unseen online? Yes they do, how do I know? I did! But I was not spending very much money, and I had a close friend go check it out with a mech. he knew in tow! I went by their rec. that it was a very good deal, and wired him the money! So I now own the MH in my profile, and have never set foot in it! And yes, it is killing me! The dealer I bought it from is storing it for me for free, till next March/April when my DW and I fly in from Thailand! It was part of the deal! So to answer your questions I know you have, it was not my first MH, and I am sure in my friends judgement, the dealer is exercising it every mo., has it in a secured lot, and a week before we fly in, he will get it out and prep it, so it is ready to go! So have fun in the search, it is the fun part, and you will find the one! And when you do you will know it! Just do not get too attached to any of them till they are checked out, and meet all of your requirements! Enjoy! Rail!

guardrail53 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!