Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-16-2012, 05:51 PM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
We use the central vac inside and carry a small shop vac for backup and it doubles for helping dry our 85lb golden as he gets a bath while camping too.

chuckinthebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-17-2012, 09:28 AM   #16

We have a Roomba that does the floors every day. It moves back and forth from RV to house.

For up high and the cat (he doesn't do well with the Roomba driving on him) I use a Eureka Optima.

Both are bag less, I blow the filters out with compressed air every few weeks.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
PDR John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:33 AM   #17

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by webslave View Post
We use a FastVac 500.

Fast Vac 500 Portable Vacuum

Small, powerful, and comes with a plethora of tools to clean every nook and cranny.
Same here. Been using one for 6 or 7 years.
Old 11-18-2012, 02:33 AM   #18

I have the dirt devil central vac. I got tired of changing bags so I made a precanister out of a 5 gal steel bucket and some plumbing fittings. This bucket sits in the storage bin under the installed dirt devil. a new bag only once a year and will suck start a harley
stink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:06 AM   #19

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by YC1 View Post
Dyson has a very small cannister model. It will take chrome off a bumper hitch. The cannister is maybe a foot tall. It is narrow and has large wheels. The main tube will collapse into itself. There is a vacuum driven rug beater head that I thought would be a joke but it does an awesome job. It seems to pick up finer dust than our full size Dyson. The cord retracts with the push of a button. You can hold the vacuum in one hand and the wand in the other for cleaning vent fans etc. Not cheap but the wife insisted we buy it. We have a built in vacuum that I thought did a reasonable job but this definitely outperforms it. I removed the built in one completely and gave it away. The plastic seems indestructable on the new one. I am the only one that has used it and am reluctant to tell the wife how great it is. I know little about vacuum sheenery.
What model of Dyson do you have? I can't find a small canister one. They have a cordless DC 35 that is small. Please let us know.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:08 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill2 View Post
What model of Dyson do you have? I can't find a small canister one. They have a cordless DC 35 that is small. Please let us know.
Check out Dyson 26.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:05 AM   #21

Plus the Dyson has a 5 year warranty.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:53 PM   #22

We've had many models and brands of vacs but until we got our Dyson for the house I was never impressed. Five years now and it works like day one still. So when it came time for a MH vac I couldn't justify a standard or handheld due to size or other restraints. Then I saw the new Dyson DC44 Animal Cordless at Costco, tried it right there by dumping a bunch of junk on a carpet and cement and it works great. Yeah it's cordless and needs charging but it small and compact, fits in the closet or hangs up. Does a great job imo and picks up everything no problem.
Razzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:13 PM   #23

We use a Dirt Devil hand-held 120v vacuum for everyday stuff and a small "shop vac" for backup.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:04 PM   #24

Winnebago Owners Club
We were using the portable Oreck. I saw the 1 gallon Shop Vac in a hardware store and said, "Hmmm," but I didn't buy it. Then I saw the 2.5 gallon Shop Vac at Lowe's for under $30 and snapped it up. Light, compact, wet/dry ... it's all we need.
NukeRef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:52 PM   #25

Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Forest River Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by YC1 View Post
Dyson has a very small cannister model. It will take chrome off a bumper hitch. The cannister is maybe a foot tall. It is narrow and has large wheels. The main tube will collapse into itself. There is a vacuum driven rug beater head that I thought would be a joke but it does an awesome job. It seems to pick up finer dust than our full size Dyson. The cord retracts with the push of a button. You can hold the vacuum in one hand and the wand in the other for cleaning vent fans etc. Not cheap but the wife insisted we buy it. We have a built in vacuum that I thought did a reasonable job but this definitely outperforms it. I removed the built in one completely and gave it away. The plastic seems indestructable on the new one. I am the only one that has used it and am reluctant to tell the wife how great it is. I know little about vacuum sheenery.
I used to sell vacuums at a major department store. Dyson had by far the least amount of issues. At the time, it also had a longer warranty than nearly every other brand.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:14 PM   #26

National RV Owners Club
I forgot about the black and decker hand held pivot vac we got. It was clearance marked. It's 18v and has quite good suction for a hand held. Good for small pick ups and tight areas where the full size won't reach.

Wolfpack Fan is offline   Reply With Quote