Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-29-2018, 10:28 PM   #29

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Ordered the adapter/extender on Amazon. Thanks, man.
PIGRIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-29-2018, 10:31 PM   #30

Learning!

I’ve decided to go with the straight dually valve extenders. I’d like to buy the kit that comes with stabilizers. Some kits come with front stems, too. I’m guessing that means for the tires at the front of the coach. Might as well replace all 6, yeah?

Like these:

http://yourtireshopsupply.com/category/796_833/kits-with-front-stems
Old 08-20-2018, 07:43 AM   #31

I do not have an air compressor. Would these tools help me while on the road? Do you hook them up to the gas station air station or what?
Old 08-20-2018, 07:50 AM   #32

Can you link me to the product? What new longer valves did you use?
Old 08-20-2018, 08:28 AM   #33

Fleetwood Owners Club
Dave, I can't get to my inside dual's with any of those, without some sort of extensions, I have to remove the outer tire just to check the pressure. My first set of flex extensions were over tightened and the ring seal was cut. I had to pull the outside rim/tire to remove the extension and fill it up.
Old 08-20-2018, 08:35 AM   #34

Monaco Owners Club
All dual setups should have extensions in order to check air pressure and fill as needed. I check all air pressure prior to hitting the road every time. Without being able to check them regularly with ease you are potentially running with a low or flat tire and overloading the other unless you have a TPMS on board. Quality extensions are readily available and are easy to install.
Chargerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 10:01 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckerdave View Post
Attachment 212247

Attachment 212248
If you use these air tools you do not need valve stem extensions.

I now have these tools. now what pressure should I inflate to ? 31' class c
riverforest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 10:21 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverforest View Post
I now have these tools. now what pressure should I inflate to ? 31' class c
My 30 ft class C uses 65 in the front and 80 in the rear. There will be a sticker, listing your pressures, on the drivers door jamb.
twinboat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 07:32 PM   #37

The sticker lists the pressures when the coach is carrying the maximum load.
To determine your needed air pressure you need to weight the coach fully loaded the way you travel.
Then, knowing your weight at each corner of the coach consult your tire manufactures chart for recommended air pressures for each axel end.
Harrysait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 09:13 PM   #38

Which do you recommend?
Old 08-22-2018, 09:14 PM   #39

Which do you recommend?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerman View Post
All dual setups should have extensions in order to check air pressure and fill as needed. I check all air pressure prior to hitting the road every time. Without being able to check them regularly with ease you are potentially running with a low or flat tire and overloading the other unless you have a TPMS on board. Quality extensions are readily available and are easy to install.
Old 09-02-2018, 09:58 PM   #40

Quote:
Get your self a piece of cardboard to lay on and look in there. Don’t know what type of valve stems you have but truck valve stems and actually be bent for better alignment. Just keep the bend close to the rim on a stem that is three or four inches long. I will be 66 next month and I am still changing those tires.

How do you bend the valve stems? Stems on my front wheels are about 1.5 inches and are straight. Can ones this short be bent? I cannot check or add air without removing the wheel simulator. I thought of trying to bend the stem but don't have the nerve. Advice from someone who has actually bent them might get me to try.

Thanks in advance.
DodgersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 08:02 AM   #41

If your stems are only 1.5 inches long I would not bend them. The truck stems that I bend are 3-4 inches long.
Truckerdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 08:05 AM   #42

Quote:
If your stems are only 1.5 inches long I would not bend them. The truck stems that I bend are 3-4 inches long.

How do you bend without removing them? My inner dually stems hit my outside dully’s rim when traveling. I would love to bend them in a little so they don’t touch the rim.

TIA
J
Jake21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ems, valve