Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-23-2014, 02:09 PM   #1

Venting

Sorry folks - just need to vent. We arrived at Camp New Horizons on June 2 to pick up our new coach.
The original date was 4/16, unit was finally completed on May 18.
For the first 2 weeks we sat patiently while they putz around fixing minor items on our punch list (couldn't go anywhere if we wanted to - New Horizon couldn't figure out how to install hitch or our truck). Even had nice Father's Day picnic with other people waiting for their coaches. Starting at the of last week, Phil, owner New Horizon, began yelling at us because we wanted our coach finished per order and all systems working - all because daily we had been requesting (politely) assistance because we didn't have hot water and as a result his plumbers were spending a lot of time on our coach.
Anyway our experience at New Horizon has turn very sour - and we still have one major item - installing an AGS system for generator, and fixing paint peeling around entry door.
Sorry, getting very frustrated.

Sent from Toni's and John's iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-23-2014, 03:12 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry you are frustrated and I hope they get your new RV fixed up ASAP. Good luck and hang in there!
Old 06-23-2014, 03:41 PM   #3

Funny how one can spend large coin and no one gives a damn! I believe we all understand.
NorthernDriv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 03:55 PM   #4

After it is fixed the revenge will be yours when you are sitting in a place you love with a cold one in your hand

Joe Fenech
1998 Itasca Sunflyer
Ford 460
Annierufus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 03:59 PM   #5

With their attitude, stay camped out there until everything is fixed.
nosticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 04:50 PM   #6

Phone the local TV station and ask if they would like to do a short special on consumer complaints. An on-the-spot interview with you showing the uncorrected issues may catch the interest of that Phil guy. If that does not work, do your own video. Post it on U-Tube. The squeaky wheel ... gets attention.
Moonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 07:04 PM   #7

Freightliner Owners Club
Jayco Owners Club
Smile Sad times

Folks like it or not, this is the world we now live in. This is the type of service we now receive as consumers. It starts at the fast food resturant in the early morning getting your first cup of coffee, to your cell phone co. To your tv service, to your auto service co. On and on and on. Some how we have lost respect for each other, and pride in ourselves, and in
what we do. All we can do is smile and make the best of every day. As they say, life is too short.
mwwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 07:10 PM   #8

This is the world "We the People" allowed to be created !
I commend the OP for posting the name of the inept company he has to deal with. Others now can choose a more friendly, service oriented place to purchase.
Old 06-24-2014, 11:11 AM   #9

Thor Owners Club
That's tragic. I will always pay more money for service. And I will be a loyal customer until the quality of the service falls off. Theres also another side to the story and that's the obnoxious customer who is loud ignorant and demanding....we've all seen them....But when you are shelling out big money for a brand new rig and you are getting shoddy service from the owner......I shudder to think how the rig will have been built......I'm guessing its too late to tell them to take their rig and jam it?
Fred1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 02:35 PM   #10
doc

Appalachian Campers
Bet they have already gotten the money either from you or the finance institution.
I am going through a similar situation right now with the sticks and brick. Paid a family friend (heating and air guy) to replace lightning storm damage in the cooling unit and furnace. He got the a/c working and has yet to hook up the new furnace to the natural gas line and install the new thermostat.
Hope once you get it, it will be as much fun and nice as you have anticipated.
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 03:55 PM   #11
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
I can imagine how frustrating that must be, especially when the owner starts yelling at you! Hope you get through it soon!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 04:09 PM   #12

Since June 2nd? You have more patience than I do. Scratching New Horizons off my shopping list. Good luck.
timetogo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vent