Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-03-2016, 04:02 PM   #15

I only had one problem and that was years ago. We arrived via motorcycle (mufflers intact) to inspect it and I was showed the exit. It's a local campground but I have never bothered them again.
lynnmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-03-2016, 06:48 PM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We try to drive through whenever they are close enough for us to do so. Wish the one we are at right now had been close enough to drive through, because we would not have stayed here.

Never been refused so far and like others would leave and not go back if not allowed.
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 07:31 PM   #17
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
I can't imagine a CG not allowing you to visit their sites, and then expecting you to stay there.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 08:25 PM   #18

We have a 40-foot motorhome and sometimes use solar so we like to scout campgrounds in the car. If we can, we just drive in, especially after going to a campground somewhere west of Detroit several years ago. There was a gate at the entrance and we asked if we could drive through to look for sites that would work for us and were told no. I can't remember if it was a state park, as mentioned upthread.

And last year, we were in Ottawa and went to a campground and asked if we could drive through to look at sites that would fit us and they said no, but an employee would drive us through the campground in a pickup truck.
oatmeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 08:32 PM   #19

We've never been turned down when we've asked to drive through. I always pick up their brochure and price schedule. Also, I she "Why should we stay at your campground?" Had one that told me I'd have to decide that for myself. After driving through, I couldn't think of a reason to stay so we moved on.
BillL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 01:34 PM   #20

we were in our toad one day close to an rv park, heavily advertised from the main road, and decided to drive thru for a look-see to know if it would be pleasant for a stay in the near future. we came into the 'secondary' drive, I later realized, and drove thru an area near the back that looked like mostly fulltimers. We had our windows down, it was a nice day, when I noticed someone from a distance, walking briskly across a short field toward us, trying to flag us down as they walked. I didn't know who this person was, what their role was, if any, with the park, or even whether they were even talking to us. As she got closer, as we were just putting along thru the park, I finally could make out what she was shouting: "This is private property, leave Now!"

'nough said...
we gladly left, and have never been back!
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote