Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-08-2006, 05:10 PM   #1

Before the Moderators or Bill Rowell think of deleting this solicitation for donations please hear me out. I know that this isn't always the right place to do what I am going to ask of you.

I am asking for you to each donate money in my name to Walk to dFeet ALS in 2006 for the North Texas ALS Association. This link will take you directly to a location where each of you can donate. On the following link page you may select to join a virtual team. Jerry's Friends is the name of the team then you join and then you may donate. Click on the following link.
http://walk.alsanorthtexas.org/site/TR?pg=entry&fr_id=1...005=8yylh6i7d2.app8a

Select the button to Join a Team.
Team name is Jerry's Friends to join. Then search for a Team, select Join, select Virtual Walker and in the box labeled Additional Gift put your donation. If you want to try to get more from some of your friends you may do the Your Fundraising Goal. Then click Next Step and enter your personal information. If you plan to donate by credit or debit card the next screen will be the billing information.

Let me first tell you who I am. I am Jerry Weygandt of Plano, TX and a victim of a diagnosis of having a variant of ALS, (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis sometimes known as Lou Gehrig's disease). I have BAD (Brachial Amyotrophic Diplegia).

We have been members of IRV2 soon after it was started. Peggy & I attended the National Rally in Nashville, TN. Some of you may remember that we had a golf cart and took pictures of everyone that attended. We have a 1999 Dutch Star and were parked close to Bill Rowell's BIG truck motor home. I was even instrumental in getting the Newmar section started on the owners section. I don't post often yet go here most every day. When we attended the Rally in Nashville we didn't know I had the preliminary stages of BAD. I just couldn't walk very far and had limited use of my arms at that time.

We made a choice and FMCA won out. We do attend local rallies. Peggy is even the Newsletter editor for that group. At the time we attended we were full timing. My condition has meant that we bought a house in Plano, TX and moved there. It is all on one floor and is handicap accessible as I am now confined to an electric wheelchair most of the day. I use a hands free mouse to access IRV2 and it's forum subjects.

Each of you comes from all parts of the U.S. and beyond. This message could also be forwarded to a customer that you are working with, or someone you know or even your own email list. I would probably still be working if it wasn't for this diagnosis of having ALS. Each of you has a chance to help by clicking on the above link and joining my fight to find a cure for ALS. You can rest assured that your entire donation will be used to either find a cure or to help those already afflicted with this devastating disease. If you are uncomfortable about using your debit or credit card on the web, your check made out to ALS Association of North Texas can be sent to me at the following address.

Jerry Weygandt
4064 Cavalry Dr.
Plano, TX 75023

http://www.alsanorthtexas.org/ North Texas office
http://www.alsa.org/ National office

If you have any questions you may email me at
Weygandt @ Hughes. Net (take out the spaces)

1999 Dutch Star 3858 DSDPMH
Jerry_Peg is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-08-2006, 05:10 PM   #2

Before the Moderators or Bill Rowell think of deleting this solicitation for donations please hear me out. I know that this isn't always the right place to do what I am going to ask of you.

I am asking for you to each donate money in my name to Walk to dFeet ALS in 2006 for the North Texas ALS Association. This link will take you directly to a location where each of you can donate. On the following link page you may select to join a virtual team. Jerry's Friends is the name of the team then you join and then you may donate. Click on the following link.
http://walk.alsanorthtexas.org/site/TR?pg=entry&fr_id=1...005=8yylh6i7d2.app8a

Select the button to Join a Team.
Team name is Jerry's Friends to join. Then search for a Team, select Join, select Virtual Walker and in the box labeled Additional Gift put your donation. If you want to try to get more from some of your friends you may do the Your Fundraising Goal. Then click Next Step and enter your personal information. If you plan to donate by credit or debit card the next screen will be the billing information.

Let me first tell you who I am. I am Jerry Weygandt of Plano, TX and a victim of a diagnosis of having a variant of ALS, (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis sometimes known as Lou Gehrig's disease). I have BAD (Brachial Amyotrophic Diplegia).

We have been members of IRV2 soon after it was started. Peggy & I attended the National Rally in Nashville, TN. Some of you may remember that we had a golf cart and took pictures of everyone that attended. We have a 1999 Dutch Star and were parked close to Bill Rowell's BIG truck motor home. I was even instrumental in getting the Newmar section started on the owners section. I don't post often yet go here most every day. When we attended the Rally in Nashville we didn't know I had the preliminary stages of BAD. I just couldn't walk very far and had limited use of my arms at that time.

We made a choice and FMCA won out. We do attend local rallies. Peggy is even the Newsletter editor for that group. At the time we attended we were full timing. My condition has meant that we bought a house in Plano, TX and moved there. It is all on one floor and is handicap accessible as I am now confined to an electric wheelchair most of the day. I use a hands free mouse to access IRV2 and it's forum subjects.

Each of you comes from all parts of the U.S. and beyond. This message could also be forwarded to a customer that you are working with, or someone you know or even your own email list. I would probably still be working if it wasn't for this diagnosis of having ALS. Each of you has a chance to help by clicking on the above link and joining my fight to find a cure for ALS. You can rest assured that your entire donation will be used to either find a cure or to help those already afflicted with this devastating disease. If you are uncomfortable about using your debit or credit card on the web, your check made out to ALS Association of North Texas can be sent to me at the following address.

Jerry Weygandt
4064 Cavalry Dr.
Plano, TX 75023

http://www.alsanorthtexas.org/ North Texas office
http://www.alsa.org/ National office

If you have any questions you may email me at
Weygandt @ Hughes. Net (take out the spaces)

Old 08-18-2006, 06:11 AM   #3

thanks

Old 09-20-2006, 08:47 AM   #4

It has been over three years since I was officially diagnosed with a variant of ALS called Brachial Amyotrophic Diplegia. BAD, which is what I have is not fatal like normal ALS. BAD just effects my arms and shoulders making my life with BAD a real struggle. I know that I am lucky just to be alive. The "average" survival rate of people diagnosed with ALS is 3 to 5 years. Every 90 minutes in this country alone, Lou Gehrig's disease ends another life...Every 90 minutes another person is diagnosed with ALS.

I have a slowly progressing form of ALS. My spirit is still willing, but my body is not always able to do what I would like it to do. My wife is my caregiver. She helps me get dressed along with many other tasks that I can't do. We have several people who help. Youth from Extra Hands for ALS come often and help me and my wife do things that they can help with. My Physical Therapist and the people at the clinic have done many marvelous improvements to both my body and spirit. I have not had to wear braces on my arms in almost two years. The braces pulled my arms up into my shoulder. My left arm was dislocated almost two inches. It is now almost back into my shoulder. My balance is not good and I use an electric wheel chair most of the time to keep from falling unnecessarily.

I am 66 years old and a Grandfather of thirteen and a Great Grandfather of eight. Sometimes it just doesn't seem fair to me, or to my wife, that ALS is weakening my muscles and draining my energy. It's a full time job for me to keep my body going. Life is not fair. We must play the cards we are dealt to keep playing the game of life. The victory is in making a positive difference, giving others hope, and learning compassion from every adversity that happens to fall in our path.

On Saturday, October 7th, my team "Jerry's Friends" will be participating in the ALS Association of North Texas Walk to D'feet ALS to raise awareness and funds to support the ALS Association. Their services and support have helped my family, and I want to help them find a cure for ALS, and to continue helping families throughout the North Texas Area who are battling ALS.

I am captaining the walk team, and I invite you to walk (or roll) 3.3 miles with us at beautiful Baughman Lake Park in Dallas or sponsor our efforts this year by making a donation as a virtual walker.

Register to walk with us or donate on-line by clicking on the link below.

www.alsanorthtexas.org click on the link for the Walk to D'Feet ALS and register to donate or walk.

Jerry Weygandt, Plano, TX
Not driving since 2002
dx 3/04 with BAD (Brachial Amyotrophic Diplegia) a rare variant of ALS
Anterior Spinal Discectomy in 2000
Electric Wheelchair Jazzy 600 12/05 (my Hummer H4)
Freedom Wheelchair Lift on rear of Chevrolet Trailblazer
Using Shortkeys for signature blocks
Using hands free mouse by NaturlPoint
Using hands free phone by Ameriphone with Voice Dialer VC33