Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 10-29-2014, 05:34 PM   #1
Wall Plate Booster

I have a Jensen omni directional antenna and 75 ohm wall plate booster installed on my 2011 Viewfinder. I recently starting having reception problems when I have the TV connected to the outside connector, labeled TV2 behind the wall plate.

It still has really good reception when connected directly to the wall plate or TV1. It never really worked on cable to neither TV1 or TV2, but since we rarely camp where cable was offered, that never bothered me.But I do like to place the TV outside, especially for college football. So I'm thinking I have a problem with the wall plate booster and need to replace it.

I check around and it seems a lot of campers had problems with the Jensen antenna and many have replaced them. It seems that Jensen has stop making these types of antennas. Because of this, I am unable to find a Jensen replacement part.

I found a Wineguard RV-7042 wall plate booster at Amazon. It looks very similar and based on the installation instruction, seems like it would work.

Can anyone help with this before I order it, install it and find it is not comparable with the Jensen antenna.

Cguardia is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-29-2014, 06:21 PM   #2
Is the device an amplifier at the wall plate or a dc block to insert power to an amplifier located in the antenna?

Check for dc voltage on coax heading to antenna and if present then amp on roof inside antenna.

If not could be broken not supplying power to amp or amp is in plate.

Should be able to remove plate and locate a part number that you can google to see what it is.

Tony & Lori
1989 Country Coach Savannah SE
TQ60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 08:16 PM   #3
The antenna it self is working find and I able to receive between 10 to 14 channels with the TV connected to the front of the wall plate, which is TV 1 output. The problem is when I move the TV outside and connect it to the TV 2 output.
Cguardia is offline   Reply With Quote