Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-15-2013, 11:13 AM   #1

Triple E Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Walmart Locations

Is there a website with all the Walmart locations? I know I can search them by town and city. But when I travel I don't have the internet. It would be nice to have a list before I leave. Sometimes it's nice to use Walmart for shopping and overnight parking when traveling late and being unable to find a camp site.
Any help with this would be appreciated.
Ted Lambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-15-2013, 11:16 AM   #2

If you have an iPhone, download DAT Trucker Services. It will find you the closest Wally World along with their address and phone number. I use it all the time. Also, Walmart sells Atlases that list every location in the US. I have one of those also.
2006 Jeep Commander
topdownman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:21 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by narampa View Post
Is there a website with all the Walmart locations? I know I can search them by town and city. But when I travel I don't have the internet. It would be nice to have a list before I leave. Sometimes it's nice to use Walmart for shopping and overnight parking when traveling late and being unable to find a camp site.
Any help with this would be appreciated.
This is an EXCELLENT QUESTION!

I had the same question 2 years ago and found that the easiest way to carry the full list of Wal*Mart stores is to skip the internet...

...and buy one of these:
Rand McNally Road Atlas: United States, Canada, Mexico, Rand McNally: Travel & Nature : Walmart.com
It's a "special edition" of the Rand McNally North America Atlas (Canada, US and Mexico) that includes a full list of all Wal*Mart stores and includes the type of services offered at each store.

Safe travels
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:24 AM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
Walmart

Better than a list, there is a book called OVERNIGHT PARKING GUIDE. iT SHOWS ALL THE wALMART AND sAMS cLUB STORES, lISTED BY STATES, IT GIVES THAT ADDRESS AND GPS COORINATES, i BOUGHT MINE OFF THE WEB. However, better than that is a book called the Next Exit, buy and truck stops. I tell you everything that is at every exit on all interstate highways. I use this all the time.
rsw1943 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:41 AM   #5

Gulf Streamers Club
iPhone App called AllStays is an up to date listing and reviews of Walmarts that allow overnight stays. Even if you don't have a data plan, you can stop at a place with free wifi (MacDonald's, Starbucks, etc.) do a quick search and then get on the road to a nighttime parking spot.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 12:34 PM   #6

Send a message via AIM to replogle
I use a free phone app called RVPARKY.Com. It list just what you want. Walmarts, or camp grounds by city or do a near by search and see whats near by. Shows there location on a map and just tap on the icon and it gives you information about the camp ground or Walmart. I also use Next Exit which is great when on the Interstate.

2001 Journey 36ld
replogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 01:06 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Did you know that you do not have to only park at Walmart? You can park at just about any large shopping center. As long as it's not a holiday most places are fine with you parking there. As for a paper map or something then you can get Walmart Atlas | Directory of Walmart stores nationwide
Walmart Atlas, 2nd Edition: Roundabout Publications: 9781885464385: Amazon.com: Books
Old 07-15-2013, 01:15 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
iPhone App called AllStays is an up to date listing and reviews of Walmarts that allow overnight stays. Even if you don't have a data plan, you can stop at a place with free wifi (MacDonald's, Starbucks, etc.) do a quick search and then get on the road to a nighttime parking spot.

I also shows many other items, Truck Stops, Sam's, Costco, Cracker Barrel, Rest Areas, Low Clearance, KOA, National Parks, and many others. I think I paid $10 or so for the app but I use it all the time.
jeryan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 01:33 PM   #9

Triple E Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab0088 View Post
This is an EXCELLENT QUESTION!

I had the same question 2 years ago and found that the easiest way to carry the full list of Wal*Mart stores is to skip the internet...

...and buy one of these:
Rand McNally Road Atlas: United States, Canada, Mexico, Rand McNally: Travel & Nature : Walmart.com
It's a "special edition" of the Rand McNally North America Atlas (Canada, US and Mexico) that includes a full list of all Wal*Mart stores and includes the type of services offered at each store.

Safe travels
Thanks for the info I will pick one of these up today.
Old 07-15-2013, 01:36 PM   #10

Triple E Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
I have stopped at places with wifi,but have never been able to connect.Any ideas why?
Old 07-15-2013, 01:41 PM   #11

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by narampa View Post
I have stopped at places with wifi,but have never been able to connect.Any ideas why?
Once you pick the free wifi to join, your browser should open and a page loads asking you to agree to their user agreement. Put a check mark in the box and you get connected. That works for my iPhone, iPad and MacBook. I've not use a Windows computer for years, I don't remember if they hook up as automatically as Apple products.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 01:58 PM   #12

The best is a custom POI file from poi factory. It shows the locations for US and Canada and indicates those those that don't allow overnight parking.

Good Luck,
Wil
wil01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 03:01 PM   #13

Quote:

Once you pick the free wifi to join, your browser should open and a page loads asking you to agree to their user agreement. Put a check mark in the box and you get connected. That works for my iPhone, iPad and MacBook. I've not use a Windows computer for years, I don't remember if they hook up as automatically as Apple products.
Correct re Apple and this also applies to others.

I have used IOS, Android, Blackberry & Windows. They are all the same. Select the WiFi to connect and then go to your browser. Many commercial provided free WiFi outlets want you to accept terms and conditions and some ask for your email adds etc.

Some get you to download thier APP.

But all I have used get you to connect and then go to the browser and follow the menu.

Hope this helps
Libero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 03:04 PM   #14

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Go here: Walmart.com: Save money. Live better.

Click on "Store Finder" at the top.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote