Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-27-2007, 04:21 PM   #15

Mid Atlantic Campers
MAMA, you can believe that those local CG's near a WALLY WORLD are either on, or, have a friend on the city council to outlaw/ban Wally world camping. We just pull in a sleep, it's usually late anyway. I believe in the dont ask, don't get disapointed theory. We have never been chased. Oh make sure you check the parking lot first for those nasty no overnight parking signs. We never ignore those.

2007 National RV Pacifica 36'
Jestme13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-27-2007, 05:27 PM   #16

Ford Super Duty Owner
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Oh make sure you check the parking lot first for those nasty no overnight parking signs. We never ignore those. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well We do! (ignore them that is )
Actually stayed two nights in front of this sign and in fact the lot was surrounded with them.
Click--&gt;
At one place we stayed 2 nights because of heavy rain, followed by fog which made touring a waste of time.
I have to admit there was a purpose (challenge) behind the whole trip. Actually we overnighted in 3 lots with signs like that.

Cheers
WilleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 06:36 PM   #17

Mid Atlantic Campers
Right on WILLEY, power to the people

I see you from Nova Lox, , they have banned overnight parking in all public places, i sure hope it bites them where they sit, and it impacts their tourism. I love Peggys Cove.

2007 National RV Pacifica 36'
Jestme13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 07:25 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
JM13 -

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> MAMA, you can believe that those local CG's near a WALLY WORLD are either on, or, have a friend on the city council to outlaw/ban Wally world camping. We just pull in a sleep, it's usually late anyway. I believe in the dont ask, don't get disapointed theory. We have never been chased. Oh make sure you check the parking lot first for those nasty no overnight parking signs. We never ignore those.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We ignored those signs until we ...uhh-to put it nicely "talked with" a city cop in the parking lot. Another "camper" 2 coaches from us had also gone in to check with the manager in the Walmart.

We also contemplated pulling around to the very backside of the WMart ...but decided we would sleep better in a campground

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 09:02 AM   #19

Ford Super Duty Owner
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I see you from Nova Lox, Big Grin, they have banned overnight parking in all public places, i sure hope it bites them where they sit, and it impacts their tourism. I love Peggys Cove. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hi Jestme13
Well in a way I wasn't as brave as I sound
You see last year was an election year here in NS. That is the only time for the general public to be listened too. Some RV'ers (myself included) did just that and we feel that at least we have gotten some attention. Yes Tourism especially pertaining to RV's is drastically down for the past few years and is steadily declining at a rate of about 25% per year. I've been told by my MLA (member of the Legislative Assembly) (Gov't) that the Minister of Tourism intends to change the wording of the Act. He also made the statement "It was never Intended to prevent RV's from stopping for an overnight rest" However reading the sign, I believe that's exactly what it says "No Overnighting for RV's".
Now to cut to the chase, The Police have not been Autorised to enforce the NS Tourism Act. They could be, by an act of legislation, and that is where the problem begins, for everyone.
The cost for extra policing would be prohibitive for this Have Not Province. So! in Andrew Cornwall's words " The RV'ers are P'ed off because the law exists (confusion and no wonder) The campground owner's are P'ed off because because said law is not enforced, What a way to run a Province"
So yes it's biting them where it hurts "Revenue General Funds" are being lost, the only replacement is to raise taxes ( sure defeat next election) so our Gov't is between a rock and a hard place, just where they put themselves.
After the Minister of Tourism made his statement on a TV news cast I set out on a 900 mile trip overnighting at Wal Marts (signs or no signs) and shopping center parking lots. We were away for a week from home. We used dump sites at truck stops. If I had have been charged or sent on my way by the police, well it would have been a topic for discussion at the NS Legislation chambers. I feel the Tourism Act will be changed before this season, but when you have a cross dog (Tourism Industry) you have to toss them a bone, I have an idea of what the bone will be (not against RV's) but I'll hold off for now.

Cheers Willis
WilleyB is offline   Reply With Quote