Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
View Poll Results: Do you overnight at Walmart?
I have never stayed overnight at Walmart 68 32.38%
I only stay overnight at Walmart to sleep while on road 98 46.67%
I stay overnight at Walmart in lieu of staying at a CG 3 1.43%
I have done both 41 19.52%
Voters: 210. You may not vote on this poll

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-02-2011, 07:08 AM   #15
SRT

Monaco Owners Club
Most of the time the stay at the Wal-Mart is when we are traveling. Once we couldn't find the campground so we stayed at the nearby Wal-Mart. We also stayed at two different Wal-Mart's because weather conditions (strong winds).

SRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-02-2011, 08:52 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by melvonnar View Post
The weekenders most likley don't stay at walmart; its the over the road and full timers that stay there.

Maybe add a few more lines to your list to include the folks that are still working and those that are retired or those that are full timers.
Not necessarily so . . . I like to drive at night and get a jump on the weekend . . . I work second shift so if I take Friday night off, we leave after my Thursday night shift ends . . . get enough driving under our belt that we're close to the campground and hit WallyWorld for some shut-eye. Sleep until we wake (without alarms), stock up at the store and mosey on over the the campground.

If I can, I'll plan my route and call one or more WalMarts the day before to ask permission.

Works for us!

Old 06-02-2011, 04:36 PM   #17

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I have stayed in a Wal mart instead of a campground a couple of times. We were going to a location to shop and do tourist stuff, we drove down stayed overnight at Walmart traveled around the town in the motorhome then came back to Walmart in the evening for another overnighter and then home in the morning. If that somehow offends someone I think they need to sign up for some therapy .
Bob N Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 05:28 PM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
As a full timer that always drives less then 8 hours a day.
Never stayed at a Walmart.
With many Passport America campground less then $20 a night with full hook ups.
I wouldn't want to sit in a parking Lot for 16 hours with no AC, satellite Internet, TV unless the generator was running.
PA is cheaper then running a generator for 16 hours at today's fuel prices.
Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 08:01 PM   #19

Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
We have stayed at Walmarts many many times. Our usual destination is almost 700 miles each way, if poor weather, construction, or accidents put us behind our normal schedule, we will pull into a Walmart for usually no more than 6-7 hrs. Usually ask for permission unless it's 2am and there are many others already there. Before leaving in the morning, we do some shopping and also thank the manager. It is really appreciated that when things go wrong and your exhausted, there is a place to go.
Subaru Outback, Cricket SW3
seasonedsole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 09:19 AM   #20

walmart camping

have used walmart once for 1day 2nights on my way to alaska 1st stop was planned just tosay we have do it again? workkamped with a couple that used walmt as a park grill out chairs etc once for wk & half not my rving experience gary barb sproutz
Old 06-04-2011, 07:07 PM   #21

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob N Deb View Post
I have stayed in a Wal mart instead of a campground a couple of times. We were going to a location to shop and do tourist stuff, we drove down stayed overnight at Walmart traveled around the town in the motorhome then came back to Walmart in the evening for another overnighter and then home in the morning. If that somehow offends someone I think they need to sign up for some therapy .
X2

Tags
camping, parking, poll, walmart