Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-27-2011, 04:53 PM   #1485
Senior Member
 
mythplaced's Avatar
 
Alpine Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: United States
Posts: 1,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJay View Post
That's fine as long as you remember this is not a court.
That is a "lawyer" joke....
__________________

__________________
Michael (Home base Northern CO)
USED TO HAVE; 03 Alpine 40MDTS Now RVless
http://www.tripadvisor.com/MemberPro...AA11052EA9DBB0
mythplaced is offline  
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-28-2011, 07:17 AM   #1486
Member
 
Juanita N Fl's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 54
Attorneys

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythplaced View Post
Yea I do!

Argument by itself is not a bad thing, it is only when people introduce negativity or personal attacks that it becomes negative and uncomfortable..

For every position, there are at least two additional different oppositional viewpoints, and the only way doe one to develop an INFORMED opinion, is to review and weigh all the differing perspectives.

The secret to argument in court:
  1. When the facts are on your side; Argue the facts,
  2. When the facts are not on your side; Argue the Law,
  3. When neither is on your side; Start calling names!
You must be an attorney, I didn't think of them, yes they love to argue and win no matter if they are wright or wrong. Have a great day. Love this site and everyone's opinion. Your are right, personal attacks are offensive to me. Tell me why you think I am wrong and give me a good reason. I will consider it! and Tell you why you are wrong.
__________________

__________________
Juanita N Fl is offline  
Old 05-28-2011, 08:13 AM   #1487
Senior Member
 
tomwalt's Avatar
 
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 1,318
What would Saturday morning be like without reading the weekly Wal-Mart posts? I always get a smile from this.
Here's my 2 cents worth. I am 100% pleased that Wal-Mart offers this hospitality to their customers. I am a Wal-Mart customer (just ask my credit card company:>). I am not a full timer, but I have driven coast to coast around the USA 3 times and never parked overnight at Wal-Mart. I sure am glad the Wal-Mart option is there for when I need it. As for what others do and how they push the boundaries - I'll leave that up to Wal-Mart management and the law/lawyers to argue about while I get on down the road to the next adventure.
__________________
Tom and Amy from Northern Virginia.
2000 Allegro 454/Workhorse P32/TST/Crossfire
Life is a DIY project - enjoy it.
tomwalt is offline  
Old 05-28-2011, 09:31 AM   #1488
Senior Member
 
fxdave's Avatar
 
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: jacksonville fl
Posts: 400
Send a message via Skype™ to fxdave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassalley52 View Post
Parking
Proximity
Permission
shopping
__________________
97 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 275 Cat powered
fxdave is offline  
Old 05-28-2011, 09:45 AM   #1489
Senior Member
 
Glassalley52's Avatar


 
Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sterling, VA and Thornburg, VA
Posts: 938
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxdave View Post
shopping
Didn't use shopping because it doesn't start with "p"
__________________
'10 Forest River Sierra 300RL 5th & 12 Chevy Silverado 2500HD - SK3 70-72 Go Navy!
Georgie-boxer mix, Skippy-Jack russell and Ollie.
Glassalley52 is offline  
Old 05-28-2011, 10:18 AM   #1490
Senior Member
 
SteveLevin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Posts: 1,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 66 View Post
Ya think this will settle it?......................I'm sure it won't.
I know, injecting facts into the forum... I am an eternal optimist

Steve
__________________
SteveLevin is offline  
Old 05-29-2011, 06:39 AM   #1491
Member
 
Triple E Owners Club
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 33
With all those RV'ers parking in their parking lots they might consider selling Chinese RV's.
__________________
Gary S. is offline  
Old 05-29-2011, 08:08 AM   #1492
Senior Member
 
mythplaced's Avatar
 
Alpine Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: United States
Posts: 1,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassalley52 View Post
Didn't use shopping because it doesn't start with "p"
Purchasing
__________________
Michael (Home base Northern CO)
USED TO HAVE; 03 Alpine 40MDTS Now RVless
http://www.tripadvisor.com/MemberPro...AA11052EA9DBB0
mythplaced is offline  
Old 05-29-2011, 08:21 AM   #1493
Senior Member
 
mythplaced's Avatar
 
Alpine Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: United States
Posts: 1,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary S. View Post
With all those RV'ers parking in their parking lots they might consider selling Chinese RV's.




__________________
Michael (Home base Northern CO)
USED TO HAVE; 03 Alpine 40MDTS Now RVless
http://www.tripadvisor.com/MemberPro...AA11052EA9DBB0
mythplaced is offline  
Old 05-29-2011, 01:03 PM   #1494
Senior Member
Commercial Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary S. View Post
BTW, No Parking signs don't mean much. I see them all over the place at different Walmarts, but people are still allowed to park overnight by management.
At some Walmarts, "No Overnight Parkihg" signs don't mean much, but at others they mean exactly what they say.

Some stores have "No Overnight Parking" signs that actually mean "No Overnight Truck Parking," yet the store will give permission for RVs to park overnight.

Other stores have "No Overnight Parking" signs in one area of the lot, but will give permission to park overnight in other areas of the lot.

Some stores are in cities with Anti-RV "No Overnight RV Parking" laws, but the laws are enforced only if there is a problem of some sort. Often, these stores will have "No Overnight RV Parking" signage in the lot, but will readily grant permission for one night. In some cities, the police will not ticket or evict RVers unless the store requests it, and the signs are there to give the store and the police legal leverage to do so.

And of course, at some stores, "No Overnight Parking" signs mean no overnight parking by anyone, at any time, for any reason.

How do you know the situation at any given store? Simple. You go to the Customer Service Desk or the Manager on Duty (not to a clerk, greeter, or other shopping cart attendant) and ask permission to park overnight for one night.
__________________
Jim O'Briant
Gilroy, CA
Co-Owner & Administrator, www.OvernightRVParking.com
jobriant is offline  
Old 05-29-2011, 01:23 PM   #1495
Senior Member
 
Glassalley52's Avatar


 
Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sterling, VA and Thornburg, VA
Posts: 938
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mythplaced View Post
Purchasing
Thank you. Purloined, but that is a !
__________________
'10 Forest River Sierra 300RL 5th & 12 Chevy Silverado 2500HD - SK3 70-72 Go Navy!
Georgie-boxer mix, Skippy-Jack russell and Ollie.
Glassalley52 is offline  
Old 05-29-2011, 01:28 PM   #1496
Senior Member
Commercial Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by eracefn45 View Post
... most cabellas also have Dump stations and dog runs and its all free, they like wallmarts, bass pro ect. don;t have a problem with Overnight stays, ...
There are some Cabela's and some Bass Pro Shops, as well as several hundred Walmarts, that do not allow Overnight RV Parking.
__________________
Jim O'Briant
Gilroy, CA
Co-Owner & Administrator, www.OvernightRVParking.com
jobriant is offline  
Old 05-29-2011, 01:44 PM   #1497
Senior Member
Commercial Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madrona View Post
... There are no rules when it comes to staying the night at Wal-Mart or any other place that has agreed to allow you to stay. When you ask for permission to stay the night in an RV and the manager grants that permission, it's expected the RV will be used like an RV. Park where indicated and use your jacks and slides if they are needed and convenient. ....
There is one rule at Walmart, and you mentioned it: Walmart's corporate website says to obtain permission from the Manager. In the majority of store, the Customer Service desk is authorized to grant or deny permission. At any other retail store, asking permission is simply good manners.

The permission that these stores grant is virtually always permission to PARK overnight, not to set up a campsite.

There are some other "good manners" guidelines as well. You mention slides and jacks. Slides should be extended only when it's safe for you and for others -- that is, extended only over areas where nobody will be walking or driving and where no moving vehicles may strike them. If using jacks on asphalt, use jack pads or pieces of plywood to prevent leaving impressions in the surface of the lot.

There are some other guidelines as well, which the FMCA and numerous other RVing organizations. http://www.fmca.com/images/stories/p...ing_letter.pdf
__________________
Jim O'Briant
Gilroy, CA
Co-Owner & Administrator, www.OvernightRVParking.com
jobriant is offline  
Old 05-29-2011, 01:53 PM   #1498
Senior Member
Commercial Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob N Deb View Post
Has anyone stayed at the wallmart in Lethbridge Alta. or have any info about stopping there overnight
There are two Walmart Supercentres in Lethbridge, AB:

Walmart Supercentre # 1078
3195 - 26th Ave North
Lethbridge, AB T1H 5P4

Walmart Supercentre # 3048
3700 Mayor Magrath Drive South
Lethbridge, AB T1K 7T6

Store # 3048 allows Overnight RV Parking with permission from the store, according to RVers who parked overnight there July & Sept 2008 and May 2010.

Store # 1078 is also reported as allowing Overnight RV Parking, with permission from the store manager, but my most recent report on that store was in Dec 2007. (I guess I need to call them and re-verify the store's policy.)
__________________

__________________
Jim O'Briant
Gilroy, CA
Co-Owner & Administrator, www.OvernightRVParking.com
jobriant is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
camping



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
More Canadian Walmarts banning Overnight RV Parking jobriant Boondocking 77 11-18-2010 08:36 PM

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.