Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-03-2011, 11:57 AM   #1611

But then, I do try to be cheap as often as I can!

'nough time the computer! Don't want to get into trouble! Well, not much, anyway!

h

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-03-2011, 12:00 PM   #1612

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca View Post

Idea!
Let's argue about something else!
I'll start this one...

According to ME THE EXPERT, the very best Wal-Mart for overnighting is the one in Wenatchee, Washington because it has a little treed "picnic area" and fabulous views of the Columbia River!

And anybody who says otherwise is just ITCHING FOR A FIGHT

Francesca
Hi Francesca,

I would like to find out about staying at the Wenachee store, it sounds delightful, but when we last passed thru there, no overnight parking was allowed due to remodeling and all the construction materials in the parking lot. Instead, we went to the Costco, asked for the manager and he expressed his pleasure in asking him. He said most people don't. He pointed us to a spot we were already parked in and said it was the quietest place for the evening and morning when delivery trucks would arrive. He was right, it was a great nights sleep, TV reception worked great from the batwing and we just had a nice evening. It had a view of the city from there, too! Next time we go to Wenatchee, which is fairly often, we will give the Wal-Mart another try. Thanks for the heads up!
Old 06-03-2011, 12:13 PM   #1613

Been CHEAP all my life, that's the way I was taught, may have helped to be DEBT FREE today, and no job. FOREVER.
Old 06-03-2011, 12:14 PM   #1614

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
OK, I think I get it, now. Gary has revealed all previous comments by him have been in jest. We have told him it's not about the money but convenience. His mention of "traveler assistance" tells us he is not serious. He has been putting us on the whole time, right Gary? I got it, didn't I??!
Old 06-03-2011, 12:17 PM   #1615

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madrona View Post
Hi Francesca,

I would like to find out about staying at the Wenachee store, it sounds delightful, but when we last passed thru there, no overnight parking was allowed due to remodeling and all the construction materials in the parking lot.
Hi, Phil!

The last time I was at the Wenatchee Wal- Mart was in the fall last year- were you there after that or more recently?
Thanks for the heads-up...
If it's "temporarily out of order", I'd like to know before my next trip to the East Side!

Francesca
Old 06-03-2011, 01:12 PM   #1616

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca View Post
Hi, Phil!

The last time I was at the Wenatchee Wal- Mart was in the fall last year- were you there after that or more recently?
Thanks for the heads-up...
If it's "temporarily out of order", I'd like to know before my next trip to the East Side!

Francesca
Well, I would have said we were there in the fall, but if it was good when you were there, then I guess it must have been spring. I just remember it was warm, not HOT. We live on the West side and go over to visit my wife's family fairly often in Omak. If we get a late start on Friday, we stop in Wenatchee for the night. Looking forward to the "park" next to Wal-Mart!
Old 06-03-2011, 01:42 PM   #1617

There were not any signs when we were there last, but it was a year ago.

Costco is not a bad option either. It is definitely quiet there at night. A little easier to get in and out of as well.
Old 06-03-2011, 01:44 PM   #1618

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madrona View Post
Looking forward to the "park" next to Wal-Mart!

Turn right just as you enter the lot-
It's right there!
I'm going over in a week or two and I'll report back...
And this time, I'll take pictures!

Francesca
Old 06-03-2011, 02:48 PM   #1619

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Last years 6,000 mile trip from Florida, up the east coast, through PA over to Mich. then north to the Upper part of Mich., down through Wisc., to Ill, Tenn. and on down to north Florida, stayed at least at 45 WM and not a problem! Why not, well I simply CALLED them, asked for the Service Desk, was polite and talked clearly stating " I will park in far corner of lot and know I am responsible for anything that may or may not happen to me or my coach, and thank you for letting me stay". Sometimes I shopped and mostly did not, even stayed at several WM s for two days and nights, no problem. Used my GPS to find WMs in location I was stopping at for the night, also used the website " Wal mart overnight parking".

BTW: only a few WM s would not let me stay, usually because of local laws prohibiting. Usually when there is a lot of local RV parks in the area. They think it cuts in to their business.

Leaving this coming July 5 for a 9,000 mile west coast trip, up north to Wash., over to Mont. and South Dakota, and south back to Florida, guess where I will be staying between campgrounds?
2004 NRV Dolphin 5355, 24' Pace Shadow trailer, inside is a "2011 Hemmings Muscle Machine of the Year" and 2011 Reno, NV. Hot August Nights "Best Restored Stock Car", 1970 Olds F85 W-31, Rally Red, 4 speed, 1 of 5 in this color, only 207 built
Old 06-03-2011, 02:59 PM   #1620

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
There are those that just like to stir the pot, get folks riled up, then sit back and watch the fall-out. The best way, to stop it, is ignore it. If they don't get a rise, out of you, they soon tire of the game and move elsewhere.

I like the idea of the best Wal-Mart I didn't know about the one in Wenachee. Will have to take a look at that one the next time I'm out that way.

This is a bit off topic but I know that the Tri-Cities area has a park that is on the river. It's a county park, I think? Friends have been to it and rave. I'll have to get the name of it and post it for anyone interested. It's very inexpensive.

Hope you all enjoy your Summer and all your travel plans!!

Sheila
Old 06-03-2011, 03:02 PM   #1621

National RV Owners Club
This topic got "hot" again so maybe 2000 responses is the new goal.
Old 06-03-2011, 03:08 PM   #1622

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNWGirl View Post
This is a bit off topic but I know that the Tri-Cities area has a park that is on the river. It's a county park, I think? Friends have been to it and rave. I'll have to get the name of it and post it for anyone interested. It's very inexpensive.

Hope you all enjoy your Summer and all your travel plans!!

Sheila
Columbia Park on the Richland side is beautiful, and I think they're open for overnights again (closed last year for renovations).
Wonderful day use and picnic areas, too...
AND
After spending a lovely day there, the WAL-MART In KENNEWICK across from Lowe's has a nice grassy bank you can overnight next to!

Francesca
Old 06-03-2011, 03:21 PM   #1623

Tiffin Owners Club
I don't believe this thread will make 2000. Rules say be nice. I have had a couple of my responses deleted even tho I thought they were nice. Oh well.

I now know if I use the term opinion every thing will be okay.

How many different ways can you call a person who stays at walmart, cheap, welfare recipient no good?

I take no post personnal but find trying to respond to a few would be in violation of rules.

I will stay at walmart if one is available to me.

jack
Old 06-03-2011, 04:09 PM   #1624
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
This thread has been temporarily closed. It seems that a cooling off period is in order.

Folks - there is no need to insult others or belittle their opinions. We insist on collegial posting here at iRV2. That means you make your case with out personal slams, insults or sniping and then move on.

iRV2 Custom Search Tool
Closed Thread

Tags
camping