Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-04-2011, 07:06 AM   #1625
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
We are reopening this thread and comments directed specifically or generally directed at members who post differing opinions will not be tolerated.

Members are welcome to post their opinions, popular or not, but labeling those who disagree is not permitted.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-04-2011, 08:23 AM   #1626

WHEW, thanks for reopening the Walmart thread thought I was going to have to go through withdrawls from not getting my daily injection of walmart humor the only thing this thread needs is more pictures.

Old 06-04-2011, 09:39 AM   #1627

Oh thank goodness, I was feeling sick
Old 06-04-2011, 10:36 AM   #1628

Winnebago Owners Club
I haven't been here for a week, I opened the Wal Mart Thread this morning only to see the posting that the thread was closed & reopened. I had to go back about 10 pages to find out where the controversy was. But I guess the mods deleted it. Good for you Mods. We can all get along & keep to the subject at hand. There are many here who have their opinion as to whether to dry camp at Wally World or support the local CG. My parents who are full timers & my wife & I who are not full timers but our MH is on the road 12 months a year have differing opinions here also. I believe the only time my parents have overnighted at Wally World was when they were traveling with my DW & I.
Old 06-04-2011, 02:21 PM   #1629

I haven't figured why its reopened. The first half of all these pages in this thread say it, and the 2nd half of the thread re says it again by rearranging the words. It boils down to some like to go to W/M and others don't. There isn't any winning here one way or the other. Don't go if you don't want to, or do go if you want to. Maybe this thread should instead compare the W/M's they have visited. Which ones have paved driveways , running water, electrical. That would make more sense. No bad mouthing , just the facts ma'am.
Old 06-04-2011, 03:14 PM   #1630

Vintage RV Owners Club
Post # 1 July 18 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodles View Post
Im down at the Jersey shore at Capemay.
I had to go to walmarts and notice 5 MH park at walmart.
I do not agree with this but they had there slides out and few even had there awning out. I think they got here early probably a day sooner and waiting to get in to there campground.
I have stayed in a walmarts but did not put out the slides and well did not camp there.
O well just my two cents
Jim
Post# 1629 Jun 4 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne MD View Post
I haven't figured why its reopened. The first half of all these pages in this thread say it, and the 2nd half of the thread re says it again by rearranging the words. It boils down to some like to go to W/M and others don't. There isn't any winning here one way or the other. Don't go if you don't want to, or do go if you want to. Maybe this thread should instead compare the W/M's they have visited. Which ones have paved driveways , running water, electrical. That would make more sense. No bad mouthing , just the facts ma'am.
You know, Wayne- I think you make a good point!
I went back and looked at the very first post by "Doodles"- quoted above.
I bet Jim had no idea what he'd started so long ago
But it is a thread about opinions on the practice...
Guess I went "off-topic" when I brought up comparing the various stores...
Maybe we should start a new thread just asking folks for reviews of their Wal-Mart stops.
It'd be kind of like a Club thread that way- nobody'd weigh in that isn't a "member", so to speak...
And this one can stay on its topic!

Just an idea!

Francesca
Old 06-04-2011, 03:47 PM   #1631

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Awww, then I would have too hope I was on when the new thread started or do a search if I wasn't and hope I could find the thread. It's all related - review your favorite or least favorite WM and even give why it was good or bad and don't forget to post pics.
Old 06-04-2011, 05:33 PM   #1632

Quote:
We are reopening this thread and comments directed specifically or generally directed at members who post differing opinions will not be tolerated.

Members are welcome to post their opinions, popular or not, but labeling those who disagree is not permitted.

I agree with the above statement.... It would be nice if people offered their opinions of what they prefer or like to do and not comment negatively on what others do. This way no one gets offended. Maybe.
Old 06-04-2011, 05:41 PM   #1633

I read somewhere that the average Super Wal-Mart averages between $30,000 and $40,000 24/7 That's an average, some higher and some lower. They are never going to fool with charging campers.
Old 06-04-2011, 06:36 PM   #1634

Ford Super Duty Owner
Pictures? Right!
Ah! Well
Wal Mart In The Early Morning

Tranquility, Peace, before opening, walking the dog and enjoying the beauty of it all. Soon there'll be breakfast and then we'll be on the road for another days adventure, all before the store opens, no checkout, no hassle, kind of like hobos with our own train

Those that Like it, Like it a lot
Those that don't like it, don't like it at all

Willey
Old 06-04-2011, 06:39 PM   #1635
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay Richards View Post
I read somewhere that the average Super Wal-Mart averages between $30,000 and $40,000 24/7 That's an average, some higher and some lower. They are never going to fool with charging campers.
What do you mean Lindsay? Hourly revenues?

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
Old 06-04-2011, 07:02 PM   #1636

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickO View Post
What do you mean Lindsay? Hourly revenues?

Rick
Originally Posted by Lindsay Richards

This isn't even pocket change for some walmarts
Old 06-04-2011, 07:10 PM   #1637

Appalachian Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilleyB View Post
Pictures? Right!
Ah! Well
Wal Mart In The Early Morning

Tranquility, Peace, before opening, walking the dog and enjoying the beauty of it all. Soon there'll be breakfast and then we'll be on the road for another days adventure, all before the store opens, no checkout, no hassle, kind of like hobos with our own train

Those that Like it, Like it a lot
Those that don't like it, don't like it at all

Willey
Never thought of it that way but you right. When we are just stopping for the night on the way to a destination we like the fact that we are on our own time schedule to come and go as we please. I pull in at night and tap a few buttons then do the same thing in the morning and were off. Just a couple of carefree vagabonds.
Old 06-04-2011, 07:54 PM   #1638

Wink

Pro Walmart Campers 
Name:   gayfight.gif
Views: 378
Size:  15.8 KB
Anti Walmart Campers

Tags
camping