Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-04-2011, 08:26 PM   #1639

That means that much goes through the cash registers every hour, 24/7 (on average). If they did 5 campers at $25, it wouldn't even be noticed and there is liability involved when you charge somebody for something. Just not worth it. I put some of my savings into two Lifeline AGM batteries that make staying there much easier.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-04-2011, 08:33 PM   #1640

Quote:
Pro Walmart Campers Anti Walmart Campers
That was cute....

Old 06-04-2011, 08:34 PM   #1641
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I am neither for, nor against parking at Walmart.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Old 06-04-2011, 09:40 PM   #1642

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudpuppy View Post
Never thought of it that way but you right. When we are just stopping for the night on the way to a destination we like the fact that we are on our own time schedule to come and go as we please. I pull in at night and tap a few buttons then do the same thing in the morning and were off. Just a couple of carefree vagabonds.
I want to be active in this thread. We now have three posts. I would like to add that finding the Walmart was really easy last night as well. No directions like: Turn south at exit 123 and drive for 3 miles on FM53, turn left at red barn on Baxter and go 5/8 mile, turn right at the hanging tree and go 1/4 mile down Maiden Lane and you will see our park on the right behind the chicken coop.

All of this in the dark is quite a task, especially after traveling all day. And for $30 we got to sleep 8 hours before being awaken by the local rooster.

Ah, thanks for Walmarts.
Old 06-04-2011, 09:55 PM   #1643
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay Richards View Post
That means that much goes through the cash registers every hour, 24/7 (on average). If they did 5 campers at $25, it wouldn't even be noticed and there is liability involved when you charge somebody for something. Just not worth it. I put some of my savings into two Lifeline AGM batteries that make staying there much easier.
Got ya. Thanks. An amazing number. But, they franchise space to McDonald's, banks, eye doctors, etc... so maybe there's room for someone to make a pitch to install a bare bones, nationally standardized facility offering water and 30 amp support in the appropriate part of their parking lots.... somehow make the check in check out process handled via a credit card swipe at an outdoor kiosk...hmmmm.... No, forget it. I'm retired.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
Old 06-04-2011, 10:04 PM   #1644

I have been in Wal-Mart's all over the US and just about every one I have ever seen that has a woman's nail salon has been Vietnamese operated. I wonder if that is some kind of a national franchise. If they averaged 5 a day at $25, that would only be $125/day. Be very hard to make that pay. Their occupancy rate would probably go way down too. I think many states also have various standards that would have to be met.
Old 06-04-2011, 10:08 PM   #1645

Appalachian Campers
Send a message via Yahoo to W4RLR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay Richards View Post
I have been in Wal-Mart's all over the US and just about every one I have ever seen that has a woman's nail salon has been Vietnamese operated. I wonder if that is some kind of a national franchise. If they averaged 5 a day at $25, that would only be $125/day. Be very hard to make that pay. Their occupancy rate would probably go way down too. I think many states also have various standards that would have to be met.
Regal Nails is a national chain. The wife and I go there monthly for pedicures and manicures. Yes, I am secure enough in my manhood to get my fingernails done. Anyone who hasn't had the foot soak, foot massage, and pedicure at one of those places is missing a small slice of heaven.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 06-04-2011, 10:18 PM   #1646

Do you go with the Ruby Red or Hot Pink polish? Actually where we used to live an old boxing trainer had a business called Happy Feet and my wife gave it to me 3 or 4 times. Very nice. My feet were happy for days. Evidently boxers have to be very careful with their feet. I have Type II diabetes and have my feet looked at pretty often. I have had pins put into 4 toes from a really, really stupid trick I pulled 4 years ago and now am wearing a boot with a broken big toe (same foot) from another stupid trick with a 10 foot 1" by 12"
Old 06-05-2011, 12:54 AM   #1647

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by yardpass View Post
WHEW, thanks for reopening the Walmart thread thought I was going to have to go through withdrawls from not getting my daily injection of walmart humor the only thing this thread needs is more pictures.
I was starting to have the DT's
"Semper Fi"
Old 06-05-2011, 07:45 AM   #1648

Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to fxdave
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudpuppy View Post
Never thought of it that way but you right. When we are just stopping for the night on the way to a destination we like the fact that we are on our own time schedule to come and go as we please. I pull in at night and tap a few buttons then do the same thing in the morning and were off. Just a couple of carefree vagabonds.
Exactly my thinking too !
Hey if you DONT like to stay at walmart then plse Dont ! BUT THOSE of us that do just leave us alone ! its really that simple ! We love Walmart !
Old 06-05-2011, 08:10 AM   #1649
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
We reopened it because it's so popular with our members.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne MD View Post
I haven't figured why its reopened. The first half of all these pages in this thread say it, and the 2nd half of the thread re says it again by rearranging the words. It boils down to some like to go to W/M and others don't. There isn't any winning here one way or the other. Don't go if you don't want to, or do go if you want to. Maybe this thread should instead compare the W/M's they have visited. Which ones have paved driveways , running water, electrical. That would make more sense. No bad mouthing , just the facts ma'am.

Old 06-05-2011, 08:18 AM   #1650

You cant close a Walmart thread... its like a big hernia.... it will find a way out....
Old 06-05-2011, 09:22 AM   #1651

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Maybe we can get WM to sell the iRV2 logo.
Old 06-05-2011, 11:07 AM   #1652

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca View Post
Columbia Park on the Richland side is beautiful, and I think they're open for overnights again (closed last year for renovations).
Wonderful day use and picnic areas, too...
AND
After spending a lovely day there, the WAL-MART In KENNEWICK across from Lowe's has a nice grassy bank you can overnight next to!

Francesca
Thank you Francesca, that is the one!! There is a dog show held there, that I've never been able to go to yet, and everyone raves about the location. Hope to get there soon and see it for myself.

Sheila

~ Salt Creek Recreation Area Olympic Peninsula, Washington ~
Closed Thread

Tags
camping