Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-05-2011, 02:09 PM   #1653

If we include all the deleted nasty posts I think we just reached 2000 posts

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-05-2011, 02:28 PM   #1654

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monacoach View Post
If we include all the deleted nasty posts I think we just reached 2000 posts
Nasty is in the eyes of the beholder.

I've followed these posts from the beginning; haven't seen anything nasty.
When I was a kid and my noise would run, my mother called that nasty.

Old 06-05-2011, 04:09 PM   #1655

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
IMHO,
Most of the anti-Campwally posters are mainly driving HIGH END RVs and don't want to be seen as Wallycampers!!! Thatz OK by me I'm not ashamed of my 16 year old
Georgie Boy; and will put it next to any Newmar or Monaco in any parking lot.. When I have to have a screw-in/plug-in/sewer hook-up I'll be squoze between a 45ft 5th wheel, with 5 slides and a 16 ft pop-up with a kids pup-tent and three dogs tied outside... Really a relaxing pic, don't you think??
Then again I remember the Monaco, ALL OF THE WAY up on jacks, that parked on the asphalt parking lot at our Wallyworld(no jackpads) from Friday until Monday, in
the middle of the parking spaces, while gone somewhere else... Gave the anti-s a
good reason to rise up.. I just wonder why nobody stole his tires!!!

Thank you, to all our military service personnel no matter where you served!!!!!!

Smooth roads & balmy breezes !!!!!!!!!

Old 06-05-2011, 07:00 PM   #1656

Quote:
Originally Posted by melvonnar View Post
When overnight parking is not allowed most RVers just move on to the next town;
The town loses, the stores lose, the campgrounds that think the RVers will stay with them are only kidding themselves,
from that time on, most RVers simply bypass that town.
Perfect example:
Some states charge out of staters extra to stay in there state parks; most seasoned travelers simply bypass those states (including myself)

Pa. is on of those states; only stayed in one of there state parks one time, even though I have kine folks that live there that I visit.
penny wise dollar poor
This is kind of off subject but I think needs to be said. aon the subject of different rates for out of state and out of country campers; Mind you I'm only referring to State run campsites, keep in mind in most cases state taxes in some form help support the campsites. I have been in the situation where I would like to reserve a site at a campground in my own state and cannot because out of COUNTRY people have reserved all available sites, not to definitely use the site but because they are cheap enough to forfeit the fee if they do not decide to use the reservation! If the fee were higher for Foreign (and maybe a something in between for out of state) it might discourage this practice.
Old 06-05-2011, 07:03 PM   #1657

Quote:
I've followed these posts from the beginning; haven't seen anything nasty
Thats because they are all deleted

Getting rid of the nasty lets us nice Wally loungers get down to business. Now how about we have a rally at a Walmart. One side of the parking lot we will have those who choose to have slides out jacks down, chairs and awnings out and on the other side of the parking lot we could have the ones who keep slides in.
Old 06-05-2011, 07:25 PM   #1658

Has anybody noticed?

This is such good advertising for WW that they haven't even bothered to buy an ad on this site! or did I miss it?
Old 06-05-2011, 07:44 PM   #1659

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Thats because they are all deleted

Getting rid of the nasty lets us nice Wally loungers get down to business. Now how about we have a rally at a Walmart. One side of the parking lot we will have those who choose to have slides out jacks down, chairs and awnings out and on the other side of the parking lot we could have the ones who keep slides in.

Okay. A WW rally. Only one WW has been nominated Kennewick. And the wagonmaster Francesca will have to determine when.

jack
Old 06-05-2011, 08:46 PM   #1660

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Cook View Post
This is kind of off subject but I think needs to be said. aon the subject of different rates for out of state and out of country campers; Mind you I'm only referring to State run campsites, keep in mind in most cases state taxes in some form help support the campsites. I have been in the situation where I would like to reserve a site at a campground in my own state and cannot because out of COUNTRY people have reserved all available sites, not to definitely use the site but because they are cheap enough to forfeit the fee if they do not decide to use the reservation! If the fee were higher for Foreign (and maybe a something in between for out of state) it might discourage this practice.
I'm sure this happens' rarely: But in my over 40 years of traveling 4 to 6 months a year, I've never run into this situation.
The one I run into most often is the extra charge for being from out of state.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:58 PM   #1661

Cant let this day end without one Walmart post. 2 minutes left if anyone wants to join me.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:49 PM   #1662

Unhappy

Well I'll start of the new day. I'm not stopping at Wallyworld again. Ever!

They were just plain rude. I stopped and parked next to all the palm trees lined up next to the garden area because it gave me some shade. I did run over a few other plants but what the heck, Wallyworld can afford it. After putting out the slides, awning and jacks I made a drink and got out my lawn chairs. I then noticed a power cord attached to the fountain so I got out my 3 way and hooked up my coach and turned on the air. Ah, life is good. I then saw a picnic table that looked good so I pulled it over and set it up. I figured it would be a good place to hold my grill. The wife brought out some hot dogs and I started grilling. Darn things burst open spilling grease everywhere and the smoke was unbearable so I grabbed the hose laying there and put it all out and made another drink. I didn't think the blacktop would burn.

The next thing you know some snotty nose kid with a Walmart tag comes by and asks "what are ya doin?" I tell him I'm camping what the heck does it look like I'm doing? He gives me a dirty look and leaves. I had to make a double to calm my nerves.

Since the food was ruined The DW called in the store to see if they would bring out some fried chicken to us. Nope, no way! What? Here we are their guests and they won't even bring out food? I gave them a piece of my mind
and made another drink.

The next thing you know some "manager type" comes out and says we have to pay for the picnic table with all the grease on it and we have to leave! Well let me tell you I told him so shove it and I'm not leaving until I talk to his manager or the owner of the store. The nerve of some people,
I had to make another drink

Awhile later some guy shows up in what looks like PJ's and tells me to leave. No employee card, no suit no nothing saying HE was the manager. I tell him "I was born at night but not tonight". Buzz off
and I made another drink after waving my 357 at him.

I then put on some rock and roll on my outside speakers to ease the pain and made another drink but a bunch of stuck up RV people came by and complained. Seems they like to go to sleep at 11pm so I guess they can wake me up at 10am with all their loud noise and nonsense.

The next thing I know the cops arrive and arrest me! Now I know my rights and so I tell them Sam Walton invited me! They don't seem to care... They probably don't even know who Sam is...

The cops also made a BIG deal out of me dumping my tanks in the grate next to my MH. I told them that those grates are for drainage and believe me my tanks needed draining. (idiots)

I've never met more inconsiderate, rude and un-agreeable people in all my life. So that's it for Wallyworld for me. From now on I'm going to camp somewhere else!

Old 06-07-2011, 12:21 AM   #1663

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Cant let this day end without one Walmart post. 2 minutes left if anyone wants to join me.
Goodnight, Sam Walton- Wherever you are!
I hope you can see what you've made, and know that we appreciate your hospitality.
You're a good neighbor to me and a Friend when I'm on the road.
If I'd started younger I might have built a system of Welcome Mats from the Atlantic to the Pacific, just like you built.

But I didn't.

I just want to say-Thanks!

Rest well, and I look forward to thanking you in person soon...

Francesca
Old 06-07-2011, 06:27 AM   #1664

Alpine Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billieg View Post

They were just plain rude. I stopped and parked next to all the palm trees lined up next to the garden area because it gave me some shade. I did run over a few other plants but what the heck, Wallyworld can afford it. After putting out the slides, awning and jacks I made a drink and got out my lawn chairs. I then noticed a power cord attached to the fountain so I got out my 3 way and hooked up my coach and turned on the air. Ah, life is good. I then saw a picnic table that looked good so I pulled it over and set it up. I figured it would be a good place to hold my grill. The wife brought out some hot dogs and I started grilling. Darn things burst open spilling grease everywhere and the smoke was unbearable so I grabbed the hose laying there and put it all out and made another drink. I didn't think the blacktop would burn.

The next thing you know some snotty nose kid with a Walmart tag comes by and asks "what are ya doin?" I tell him I'm camping what the heck does it look like I'm doing? He gives me a dirty look and leaves. I had to make a double to calm my nerves.

Since the food was ruined The DW called in the store to see if they would bring out some fried chicken to us. Nope, no way! What? Here we are their guests and they won't even bring out food? I gave them a piece of my mind
and made another drink.

The next thing you know some "manager type" comes out and says we have to pay for the picnic table with all the grease on it and we have to leave! Well let me tell you I told him so shove it and I'm not leaving until I talk to his manager or the owner of the store. The nerve of some people,
I had to make another drink

Awhile later some guy shows up in what looks like PJ's and tells me to leave. No employee card, no suit no nothing saying HE was the manager. I tell him "I was born at night but not tonight". Buzz off
and I made another drink after waving my 357 at him.

I then put on some rock and roll on my outside speakers to ease the pain and made another drink but a bunch of stuck up RV people came by and complained. Seems they like to go to sleep at 11pm so I guess they can wake me up at 10am with all their loud noise and nonsense.

The next thing I know the cops arrive and arrest me! Now I know my rights and so I tell them Sam Walton invited me! They don't seem to care... They probably don't even know who Sam is...

The cops also made a BIG deal out of me dumping my tanks in the grate next to my MH. I told them that those grates are for drainage and believe me my tanks needed draining. (idiots)

I've never met more inconsiderate, rude and un-agreeable people in all my life. So that's it for Wallyworld for me. From now on I'm going to camp somewhere else!

Time ta move-on to Cracker Barrel!

Whoop, ther it tis!
Old 06-07-2011, 08:12 AM   #1665

Quote:

Since the food was ruined The DW called in the store to see if they would bring out some fried chicken to us. Nope, no way! What? Here we are their guests and they won't even bring out food? I gave them a piece of my mind and made another drink.

The next thing you know some "manager type" comes out and says we have to pay for the picnic table with all the grease on it and we have to leave! Well let me tell you I told him so shove it and I'm not leaving until I talk to his manager or the owner of the store. The nerve of some people, I had to make another drink

Awhile later some guy shows up in what looks like PJ's and tells me to leave. No employee card, no suit no nothing saying HE was the manager. I tell him "I was born at night but not tonight". Buzz off and I made another drink after waving my 357 at him.

The sad part ---- I've met folks that would be part of this story.
Old 06-07-2011, 05:31 PM   #1666

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Well I'll start of the new day. I'm not stopping at Wallyworld again. Ever!....

I made a drink ......
and made another drink......
I had to make a double.....
I had to make another drink.....
and I made another drink after waving my 357 at him......

That was GREAT!!! I could just 'see' this and I, seriously, needed some humor after the day that I have had..... thank you!!

Sheila

~ Salt Creek Recreation Area Olympic Peninsula, Washington ~
Closed Thread

Tags
camping