Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-13-2011, 10:04 PM   #1737

Just checked in at the WM in Benton, AR........yes the slides are out. Nap time!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Benton, AR 6-13-2011.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	11188  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-13-2011, 10:23 PM   #1738

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
279 to go!
I don't think anyone noticed the error

Old 06-14-2011, 10:50 AM   #1739
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aguyfromcalg View Post
Here is the pic. Some have left. but this is supose to be according to AllStays a no parking Wal Mart
You kindly replied to my earlier inquiry that this is the Walmart in Shawville, AB (which would be Walmart Supercentre # 3151 on Shawville Blvd SE, Calgary, AB.

I have just spoken with store management on the telephone. Overnight RV Parking is allowed at this Walmart Supercenter. Permission from the store is required. The store specifies that parking is for one night only, and that RVs staying longer will be towed.
Old 06-14-2011, 12:01 PM   #1740

If I could start a walmart parking thread and charge a nickle a post I could finance my motorhome and travel for the rest of my life.
Old 06-14-2011, 01:05 PM   #1741
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stogie View Post
An RV'r is someone driving a $300,000.00 Motorhome towing a $40,000.00 car and looking for a free place to park.
Well, our RV didn't cost $300 grand, nor did our car cost $40 grand. But we do like an occasional free place to park. That's one of the reasons some people buy an RV in the first place -- to have all the amenities that they need or want, right there on board, and thus NOT be in the position to have to pay for an overpriced hotel room or RV space every single night.

Of course, there are also RVers who buy their rigs for the express purpose of spending every night in an RV park or campground, whether with full, partial or no hookups, and that's 100% appropriate as well.
Old 06-14-2011, 03:24 PM   #1742

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobriant View Post
Well, our RV didn't cost $300 grand, nor did our car cost $40 grand. But we do like an occasional free place to park. That's one of the reasons some people buy an RV in the first place -- to have all the amenities that they need or want, right there on board, and thus NOT be in the position to have to pay for an overpriced hotel room or RV space every single night.

Of course, there are also RVers who buy their rigs for the express purpose of spending every night in an RV park or campground, whether with full, partial or no hookups, and that's 100% appropriate as well.
Best words you've ever said, Jim, and I agree 100%!
To each his own.
Old 06-14-2011, 05:53 PM   #1743

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobriant

You kindly replied to my earlier inquiry that this is the Walmart in Shawville, AB (which would be Walmart Supercentre # 3151 on Shawville Blvd SE, Calgary, AB.

I have just spoken with store management on the telephone. Overnight RV Parking is allowed at this Walmart Supercenter. Permission from the store is required. The store specifies that parking is for one night only, and that RVs staying longer will be towed.
As I stated in my post according to AllStays it is a no overnight Wal Mart.
Since it is my local Wal Mart I do notice if some one has over stayed their welcome.
As you have made clear permission is needed before staying the night. We all know that not everyone obeys the rules and not every enforces the rules.
Old 06-14-2011, 06:25 PM   #1744

Forest River Owners Club
I'm pretty new to RV'ing, but just found a new sight to locate boondock parking: Overnight RV Parking

They do charge for the service, but you can earn free time by suggesting new places.
Old 06-14-2011, 11:55 PM   #1745

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billieg
Well I'll start of the new day. I'm not stopping at Wallyworld again. Ever!

They were just plain rude. I stopped and parked next to all the palm trees lined up next to the garden area because it gave me some shade. I did run over a few other plants but what the heck, Wallyworld can afford it. After putting out the slides, awning and jacks I made a drink and got out my lawn chairs. I then noticed a power cord attached to the fountain so I got out my 3 way and hooked up my coach and turned on the air. Ah, life is good. I then saw a picnic table that looked good so I pulled it over and set it up. I figured it would be a good place to hold my grill. The wife brought out some hot dogs and I started grilling. Darn things burst open spilling grease everywhere and the smoke was unbearable so I grabbed the hose laying there and put it all out and made another drink. I didn't think the blacktop would burn.

The next thing you know some snotty nose kid with a Walmart tag comes by and asks "what are ya doin?" I tell him I'm camping what the heck does it look like I'm doing? He gives me a dirty look and leaves. I had to make a double to calm my nerves.

Since the food was ruined The DW called in the store to see if they would bring out some fried chicken to us. Nope, no way! What? Here we are their guests and they won't even bring out food? I gave them a piece of my mind and made another drink.

The next thing you know some "manager type" comes out and says we have to pay for the picnic table with all the grease on it and we have to leave! Well let me tell you I told him so shove it and I'm not leaving until I talk to his manager or the owner of the store. The nerve of some people, I had to make another drink

Awhile later some guy shows up in what looks like PJ's and tells me to leave. No employee card, no suit no nothing saying HE was the manager. I tell him "I was born at night but not tonight". Buzz off and I made another drink after waving my 357 at him.

I then put on some rock and roll on my outside speakers to ease the pain and made another drink but a bunch of stuck up RV people came by and complained. Seems they like to go to sleep at 11pm so I guess they can wake me up at 10am with all their loud noise and nonsense.

The next thing I know the cops arrive and arrest me! Now I know my rights and so I tell them Sam Walton invited me! They don't seem to care... They probably don't even know who Sam is...

The cops also made a BIG deal out of me dumping my tanks in the grate next to my MH. I told them that those grates are for drainage and believe me my tanks needed draining. (idiots)

I've never met more inconsiderate, rude and un-agreeable people in all my life. So that's it for Wallyworld for me. From now on I'm going to camp somewhere else!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythplaced View Post
Time ta move-on to Cracker Barrel!

Whoop, ther it tis!
Ok, took your advice. Stopped at a quacker barrel last night. The parking lot wasn't that big so I had to park in a bunch of car spaces. After getting the jacks down, the slides open and the awing out some A-hole in a car comes and says he is blocked in. Well, he should have known better than to park there in the first place. I thought quacker barrel has reserved spots for RV's. I told him he could run over the lawn, go through the concrete curbs and across the small ditch and he would be fine but I guess he didn't want to get his Lexas dirty.... (probably some attorney)
Had to make a drink to calm my nerves. He left.

I didn't feel like pulling my table out so I looked around. I spotted a barbecue grill on wheels in back of the quaker barrel. It was still smokin and had some good lookin meat on it. Seems someone left a perfectly good meal out there. I pushed it over to the coach and called the DW. Made another drink (Scotch) and had dinner with the DW. Now I'm thinkin "mythplaced" had it right. quacker barrel is where it's at.

So next, the cops show up and tell me I have to move so "Lexas" can get his car out. So much for "reserve parking".... After the Wallyworld seine I decided to move. I put the jacks up but that is it. My backup camera didn't see the awing hitting his car so Am I to blame???? Heck, it only put a scratch down half of his stupid car... Now he's jumping up and down and causing all kind of frustrations to me. Had to make a double Scotch.

Since I had canceled my coach insurance a few months before the cop was pretty upset. I told him "You put fuel in this sucker and drive it all over and see if you can afford insurance" A report was written up...

I got back to camping and made another drink. About that time a quaker barrel employee came out and started all kinds of commotion about the grill. Seems they cook out back and he said I stole their food... Well, I told him he was very rude and that if they wanted the grill so bad they should lock it down. Sorry, we ate the food...

I fired up the gen., started the air, made another drink and got out my lawn chairs. When we left Wallyworld we loaded a few plants to set outside and it really made a difference. I looked around and there were no snobby RV type people around so I fired up my 5 speaker, 500 watt outside stereo. Life is good...

Well now the cops came back and said I was disturbing the peace. I told them they were disturbing me! mythplaced stated I should go to quaker barrels and now I'm being harassed. They asked who the heck was "mythplaced" and to tell the truth, I didn't know.. So I lied and told them he owned the place. I guess they don't know mythplaced either...

The cops left after I turned down the stereo and I made another drink. The rest of the night was uneventful until I heard a knock at the door around 4 Am. I grabbed my sawed off shotgun (by the triggers) and it blew a foot wide hole in the side of the RV. I didn't see who was outside, (couldn't hear worth a damn either) and by the time I got outside they were gone. The swat team that arrived later didn't know mythplaced either....

So, I'm not staying at quaker barrel either, ever again....
Old 06-15-2011, 05:26 PM   #1746

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billieg View Post
So, I'm not staying at quaker barrel either, ever again....
Hey, they should APPRECIATE the fact that you are sharing the wealth and not being a snob by ONLY staying at Wal-Mart!! Geez, PEOPLE now days...... NO appreciation of the finer things............

Sheila
~ Salt Creek Recreation Area Olympic Peninsula, Washington ~
Old 06-16-2011, 02:48 PM   #1747

My neighbor was telling me Cracker Barrel is better than Walmart.

Maybe he knows mythplaced!!!!
Old 06-16-2011, 03:00 PM   #1748

Heartland RV Club
I'm at Lazy Days getting some work done . I wonder if they'll get upset if I break out my portable fire pit and burn a few logs. I'm inside one of the bays at the crown club so it's nice and shady . don't need to put up the umbrella.
www.mudflapscampingclub.com
Old 06-16-2011, 05:47 PM   #1749

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallyrver View Post
I'm at Lazy Days getting some work done . I wonder if they'll get upset if I break out my portable fire pit and burn a few logs. I'm inside one of the bays at the crown club so it's nice and shady . don't need to put up the umbrella.
First, it was 100 degrees out today here in SUNNY Fl... Fire pit? And you have to mention Wal-Mart in your post to post here... Geezzz....

At least post a pic and tell us you shopped at Wally World...

Bump...
Old 06-16-2011, 06:07 PM   #1750

Newmar Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Just for the heck of it. The weather is 95 degrees or more plus 70 percent humidity. Take the estimate of what your genny uses under load per hour and multiply that times the 12 to 16 or more hours you are staying at WalMart and then ask yourself if you are really saving compared to a local CG. Just food for thought.

TJ (Teacup Poodle 2.7 lbs)
Closed Thread

Tags
camping