Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-20-2011, 02:47 PM   #2129

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by donandmax View Post
I dont think anyone is anymore. How many times can you say"yes I park there no I dont park there". I ve seen people there that could well afford to put down in a rv park if not buy it. I personally enjoy this forum but this constant Wal Mart parking argument is a little much. And no I dont subscribe to it.
Hi Don, but I suppose by now you've figured out how to quit reading this thread so you probably won't see my reply. I've seen those same obviously wealthy people overnighting at Wal-Mart. In fact, one of them was a very famous person, obviously just RV'ing with the family. I'm pretty sure they overnight there for the same reason I do. Convenience. No need to worry about getting somewhere to check in before they close. No curfew to meet. No need to worry about your lights shining on someone's camping spot, or the noise of your engine waking someone late at night. Just pull in, park where you know you should, go in and ask for permission and enjoy your good night's sleep. If you haven't tried it, I suggest you do. Sorry I didn't get this in before you decided to quit reading, though...

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-20-2011, 02:55 PM   #2130
TW

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
If Judge Clarence Thomas likes to park there, we all can enjoy it in peace
and read about it too

Old 07-20-2011, 03:27 PM   #2131

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICHIGAN CAMPER View Post
I agree,...

Let Donny UNSUBSCRIBE.

Oh Wait,.. Let's torture him and make it so he CAN"T unsubscribe... he he

Just kiddin' Don

I HAVE read every post and have enjoyed them ALL.
I'm also a WM camper AND shopper.
thecruiser
Hey Mich camper Im also from Mich. A little town called Algonac which was the home of Chris Craft boats back in the 30s & 40s Along the St Clair River. My dad was in the restaurant business there. It was called Sid's on the Seaway. Glad you enjoyed the wal mart posts. A guy gets irritated real easy when you turn 76. Sorry if I hurt anybodies feelings. Sometimes a fellow just has to vent. Know what I mean ??
Happy Trails my friend
Old 07-20-2011, 03:30 PM   #2132

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madrona View Post
Hi Don, but I suppose by now you've figured out how to quit reading this thread so you probably won't see my reply. I've seen those same obviously wealthy people overnighting at Wal-Mart. In fact, one of them was a very famous person, obviously just RV'ing with the family. I'm pretty sure they overnight there for the same reason I do. Convenience. No need to worry about getting somewhere to check in before they close. No curfew to meet. No need to worry about your lights shining on someone's camping spot, or the noise of your engine waking someone late at night. Just pull in, park where you know you should, go in and ask for permission and enjoy your good night's sleep. If you haven't tried it, I suggest you do. Sorry I didn't get this in before you decided to quit reading, though...
I read it. Nice reply
Old 07-20-2011, 03:44 PM   #2133

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Hey Mich camper Im also from Mich. A little town called Algonac which was the home of Chris Craft boats back in the 30s & 40s Along the St Clair River. My dad was in the restaurant business there. It was called Sid's on the Seaway. Glad you enjoyed the wal mart posts. A guy gets irritated real easy when you turn 76. Sorry if I hurt anybodies feelings. Sometimes a fellow just has to vent. Know what I mean ??
Happy Trails my friend
growing up sids and henrys where my 2 favorite restaurants
brianj
Old 07-20-2011, 03:54 PM   #2134

Quote:
Happy Trails my friend
Don,
No harm, no foul.

I was just pullin' your chain a little, Don.

I know a lot of what's said on this thread is the same thing over and over. And, in my mind, that's OK. It's HOT outside and if sitting in the Air Conditioning and 'venting on the web' makes anyone happy,... hey, who am I to tell 'em to 'get lost'.

I really was just teasing you some, Don. Not trying to really upset you and I wasn't upset by anything anyone has said here either.

What really gets my goat though is my Wi-Fi has quit on me. Thought at first it was my internet but I wired it in and it is working. So maybe it's the wireless.
Sure wish I was a computer nerd!
michigan camper
Old 07-20-2011, 04:04 PM   #2135

Quote:
Originally Posted by tncruiser View Post
growing up sids and henrys where my 2 favorite restaurants
brianj
I remember Henrys, My dad Sid and him were great friends. I sure miss the pickeral we used to catch. Used to visit Harsens Island a lot, sure do miss those days. That St Clair river ran cold and fast.
Those long iron ore boats would blow there loud horns when they passed the restaurant I would be standing on the dock and waving. Hope to take the rv and go back someday but I suppose every thing has changed and not for the better,,
See ya
Don
Old 07-20-2011, 04:07 PM   #2136

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICHIGAN CAMPER View Post
Don,
No harm, no foul.

I was just pullin' your chain a little, Don.

I know a lot of what's said on this thread is the same thing over and over. And, in my mind, that's OK. It's HOT outside and if sitting in the Air Conditioning and 'venting on the web' makes anyone happy,... hey, who am I to tell 'em to 'get lost'.

I really was just teasing you some, Don. Not trying to really upset you and I wasn't upset by anything anyone has said here either.

What really gets my goat though is my Wi-Fi has quit on me. Thought at first it was my internet but I wired it in and it is working. So maybe it's the wireless.
Sure wish I was a computer nerd!
michigan camper
Yea I know you were. My Lord guess what I,m doing this on the Wal Mart thread. Now ya see what ya'll got me a doin ??
Old 07-20-2011, 08:03 PM   #2137

I know I'd rather "overnight" at Walmart than pay for a prime view of the local highway squeezed in next to someone I may not even want camping downwind of me..The DW and I chuckle every time we pass one of those highway campgrounds on the way to our rural piece of paradise on THE River!!
Old 07-20-2011, 08:39 PM   #2138

Alpine Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
OH, Yea..

THIS RV "Park/Campground...

IS WAY better than this...

Detect a bit O' Sarcasm???...
Old 07-20-2011, 08:44 PM   #2139

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The second CG has a better stocked liquor department and LOT"S of MUCHIES.
Old 07-21-2011, 06:23 AM   #2140

Heartland RV Club
Quote:
Oh good Lord will you all PLEASE let this Wal Mart stuff rest. No one in their right mind would read all these posts concerning Wal Mart. Get a life and a rv park to put down for the night or what ever.. Some of us are bored silly with Wal Mart parking lots.
It's 7:21 AM Thurs. drinking my coffee and reading the Walmart parking thread. what a great way to start my day.
www.mudflapscampingclub.com
Old 07-21-2011, 08:58 AM   #2141

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack R View Post
I be thinking those that want this thread closed should unsuscribe from it. Than you don't have to read something you don't enjoy. Let others who enjoy it continue to enjoy it.

jack
Agreed Agreed
Old 07-21-2011, 10:40 AM   #2142

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I like to park at Wal Mart when I can and I love reading this thread

Closed Thread

Tags
camping