Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-20-2011, 02:47 PM   #2129
Senior Member


 
Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bonney Lake, WA
Posts: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by donandmax View Post
I dont think anyone is anymore. How many times can you say"yes I park there no I dont park there". I ve seen people there that could well afford to put down in a rv park if not buy it. I personally enjoy this forum but this constant Wal Mart parking argument is a little much. And no I dont subscribe to it.
Hi Don, but I suppose by now you've figured out how to quit reading this thread so you probably won't see my reply. I've seen those same obviously wealthy people overnighting at Wal-Mart. In fact, one of them was a very famous person, obviously just RV'ing with the family. I'm pretty sure they overnight there for the same reason I do. Convenience. No need to worry about getting somewhere to check in before they close. No curfew to meet. No need to worry about your lights shining on someone's camping spot, or the noise of your engine waking someone late at night. Just pull in, park where you know you should, go in and ask for permission and enjoy your good night's sleep. If you haven't tried it, I suggest you do. Sorry I didn't get this in before you decided to quit reading, though...
__________________

__________________
Phil in Bonney Lake, WA
2003 Itasca Horizon, 32TD
Madrona is offline  
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-20-2011, 02:55 PM   #2130
TW
Senior Member
 
TW's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,004
If Judge Clarence Thomas likes to park there, we all can enjoy it in peace
and read about it too
__________________

TW is offline  
Old 07-20-2011, 03:27 PM   #2131
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 514
Quote:
Originally Posted by MICHIGAN CAMPER View Post
I agree,...

Let Donny UNSUBSCRIBE.

Oh Wait,.. Let's torture him and make it so he CAN"T unsubscribe... he he

Just kiddin' Don

I HAVE read every post and have enjoyed them ALL.
I'm also a WM camper AND shopper.
thecruiser
Hey Mich camper Im also from Mich. A little town called Algonac which was the home of Chris Craft boats back in the 30s & 40s Along the St Clair River. My dad was in the restaurant business there. It was called Sid's on the Seaway. Glad you enjoyed the wal mart posts. A guy gets irritated real easy when you turn 76. Sorry if I hurt anybodies feelings. Sometimes a fellow just has to vent. Know what I mean ??
Happy Trails my friend
__________________
Don and Maxine McQueen
1996 Damon Intruder
F53 Chassis 33 ft
donandmax is offline  
Old 07-20-2011, 03:30 PM   #2132
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 514
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madrona View Post
Hi Don, but I suppose by now you've figured out how to quit reading this thread so you probably won't see my reply. I've seen those same obviously wealthy people overnighting at Wal-Mart. In fact, one of them was a very famous person, obviously just RV'ing with the family. I'm pretty sure they overnight there for the same reason I do. Convenience. No need to worry about getting somewhere to check in before they close. No curfew to meet. No need to worry about your lights shining on someone's camping spot, or the noise of your engine waking someone late at night. Just pull in, park where you know you should, go in and ask for permission and enjoy your good night's sleep. If you haven't tried it, I suggest you do. Sorry I didn't get this in before you decided to quit reading, though...
I read it. Nice reply
__________________
Don and Maxine McQueen
1996 Damon Intruder
F53 Chassis 33 ft
donandmax is offline  
Old 07-20-2011, 03:44 PM   #2133
Senior Member
 
tncruiser's Avatar
 
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: May 2009
Location: kingston tn.
Posts: 973
Quote:
Originally Posted by donandmax View Post
Hey Mich camper Im also from Mich. A little town called Algonac which was the home of Chris Craft boats back in the 30s & 40s Along the St Clair River. My dad was in the restaurant business there. It was called Sid's on the Seaway. Glad you enjoyed the wal mart posts. A guy gets irritated real easy when you turn 76. Sorry if I hurt anybodies feelings. Sometimes a fellow just has to vent. Know what I mean ??
Happy Trails my friend
growing up sids and henrys where my 2 favorite restaurants
brianj
__________________
just liven life in east tn or where ever our
2011 georgetown ,2012 explorer and 02 tbird take us
tncruiser is offline  
Old 07-20-2011, 03:54 PM   #2134
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Caledonia, MI USA
Posts: 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by donandmax View Post
Hey Mich camper Im also from Mich. A little town called Algonac which was the home of Chris Craft boats back in the 30s & 40s Along the St Clair River. My dad was in the restaurant business there. It was called Sid's on the Seaway. Glad you enjoyed the wal mart posts. A guy gets irritated real easy when you turn 76. Sorry if I hurt anybodies feelings. Sometimes a fellow just has to vent. Know what I mean ??
Happy Trails my friend
Don,
No harm, no foul.

I was just pullin' your chain a little, Don.

I know a lot of what's said on this thread is the same thing over and over. And, in my mind, that's OK. It's HOT outside and if sitting in the Air Conditioning and 'venting on the web' makes anyone happy,... hey, who am I to tell 'em to 'get lost'.

I really was just teasing you some, Don. Not trying to really upset you and I wasn't upset by anything anyone has said here either.

What really gets my goat though is my Wi-Fi has quit on me. Thought at first it was my internet but I wired it in and it is working. So maybe it's the wireless.
Sure wish I was a computer nerd!
michigan camper
__________________
MICHIGAN CAMPER is offline  
Old 07-20-2011, 04:04 PM   #2135
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 514
Quote:
Originally Posted by tncruiser View Post
growing up sids and henrys where my 2 favorite restaurants
brianj
I remember Henrys, My dad Sid and him were great friends. I sure miss the pickeral we used to catch. Used to visit Harsens Island a lot, sure do miss those days. That St Clair river ran cold and fast.
Those long iron ore boats would blow there loud horns when they passed the restaurant I would be standing on the dock and waving. Hope to take the rv and go back someday but I suppose every thing has changed and not for the better,,
See ya
Don
__________________
Don and Maxine McQueen
1996 Damon Intruder
F53 Chassis 33 ft
donandmax is offline  
Old 07-20-2011, 04:07 PM   #2136
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 514
Quote:
Originally Posted by MICHIGAN CAMPER View Post
Don,
No harm, no foul.

I was just pullin' your chain a little, Don.

I know a lot of what's said on this thread is the same thing over and over. And, in my mind, that's OK. It's HOT outside and if sitting in the Air Conditioning and 'venting on the web' makes anyone happy,... hey, who am I to tell 'em to 'get lost'.

I really was just teasing you some, Don. Not trying to really upset you and I wasn't upset by anything anyone has said here either.

What really gets my goat though is my Wi-Fi has quit on me. Thought at first it was my internet but I wired it in and it is working. So maybe it's the wireless.
Sure wish I was a computer nerd!
michigan camper
Yea I know you were. My Lord guess what I,m doing this on the Wal Mart thread. Now ya see what ya'll got me a doin ??
__________________
Don and Maxine McQueen
1996 Damon Intruder
F53 Chassis 33 ft
donandmax is offline  
Old 07-20-2011, 08:03 PM   #2137
Senior Member
 
Nuge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Hammond, IN
Posts: 353
I know I'd rather "overnight" at Walmart than pay for a prime view of the local highway squeezed in next to someone I may not even want camping downwind of me..The DW and I chuckle every time we pass one of those highway campgrounds on the way to our rural piece of paradise on THE River!!
__________________
1982 CrossCountry - NW Indiana
Ford Electrician
Built WITHOUT your tax dollars!!
Nuge is offline  
Old 07-20-2011, 08:39 PM   #2138
Senior Member
 
mythplaced's Avatar
 
Alpine Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: United States
Posts: 1,282
OH, Yea..


THIS RV "Park/Campground...



IS WAY better than this...



Detect a bit O' Sarcasm???...
__________________
Michael (Home base Northern CO)
USED TO HAVE; 03 Alpine 40MDTS Now RVless
http://www.tripadvisor.com/MemberPro...AA11052EA9DBB0
mythplaced is offline  
Old 07-20-2011, 08:44 PM   #2139
Senior Member
 
Conquest102's Avatar
 
Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 336
The second CG has a better stocked liquor department and LOT"S of MUCHIES.
__________________
1996 GulfStream Conquest 31feet May 2011
1984 SouthWind 27feet loved for 6 years
1 Wife 6 Kids
Conquest102 is offline  
Old 07-21-2011, 06:23 AM   #2140
Senior Member
 
Tallyrver's Avatar


 
Heartland RV Club
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 695
Quote:
Originally Posted by donandmax View Post
Oh good Lord will you all PLEASE let this Wal Mart stuff rest. No one in their right mind would read all these posts concerning Wal Mart. Get a life and a rv park to put down for the night or what ever.. Some of us are bored silly with Wal Mart parking lots.
It's 7:21 AM Thurs. drinking my coffee and reading the Walmart parking thread. what a great way to start my day.
__________________
Wayne and Debbie
2014 Gateway 3650BH
2008 F350 dually diesel .
www.mudflapscampingclub.com
Tallyrver is offline  
Old 07-21-2011, 08:58 AM   #2141
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,358
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack R View Post
I be thinking those that want this thread closed should unsuscribe from it. Than you don't have to read something you don't enjoy. Let others who enjoy it continue to enjoy it.

jack
Agreed Agreed
__________________
melvonnar is offline  
Old 07-21-2011, 10:40 AM   #2142
Senior Member
 
Bob N Deb's Avatar
 
Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Oliver BC
Posts: 236
I like to park at Wal Mart when I can and I love reading this thread
__________________

__________________
Bob & Deb in a 1991 Southwind
being pushed by a 1976 MG Midget
Life is good
Bob N Deb is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
camping



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
More Canadian Walmarts banning Overnight RV Parking jobriant Boondocking 77 11-18-2010 08:36 PM

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.