Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-17-2011, 07:43 PM   #2297

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
I do believe that the 40-50 number will be hard to beat.....
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-17-2011, 07:59 PM   #2298

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
I wonder if Obama will be doing the Wally World thing on his 3 day trip in his "war wagon?" If you happen to see a black Prevost with DC tags on it post up....

Can you imagine what a sight????
Old 08-17-2011, 08:01 PM   #2299

I am sure I saw something close to 100 coaches parked at a WM somewhere! Let me think....where could that have been.....Did you say you saw 101? I meant, 150...Yeah, yeah, that's it!
Old 08-21-2011, 05:35 AM   #2300

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Have not been on iRV2 for a bit. Just read 15 pages on this thread to catch up. Will post if I ever do "relax" at a WM. Now to my other subscribed threads.
Old 08-21-2011, 03:59 PM   #2301

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack R View Post
That shooter in the Utah walmart was a retired Florida Police sergeant. Investigation didn't take all that long.

jack
True but in the "Let's make a buck out of it" said retired Sgt. then sued Wall Mart for not providing security to keep the guy he (or was it his wife) let in to the motor home.. OUT of the motor home.

Now.. For some reason I keep thinking that case should not take long to decide.. but frankly I don't know what came of it.

I just worry that his actions might make Wall Mart re-think RV parking.

I know I spent a night at a competitor's lot (Much safer than the local Wall Mart) and the manager said "I can't give you permission for liability reasons but I won't bother you if you stay"
Old 08-22-2011, 07:37 PM   #2302

Camping overnight at WalMart

Last week, my wife and I stopped for the night at a Super WalMart in Port Clinton, OH where we had overnighted in the past. As is our habit, we went into the store to restock the fridge and make sure we had permission from the management. We stopped at customer service and asked if it was ok to park for the night. The two girls at the counter looked at us like we had holes in our heads and said they didn't think it was allowed. I assured them that we had been welcome in the past and asked for the store manager. After about a ten minute wait, the manager arrived at customer service and said that Corporate no longer requires the stores to allow overnight campers, and that he is discouraging it at "his" store. He did concede that since we were already there that we could stay. We didn't - not wanting to stay where we were not welcome. Is this a policy change at WalMart? We travel cross country regularly between our homes in Ohio and Arizona, and often overnight at WalMarts. Has anyone else had this experience?
Old 08-22-2011, 07:53 PM   #2303

Triple E Owners Club
All that I know is that the Walmart in North Spokane, WA. is still alright with it. As a matter of fact they have an area for the RV's to park, which, is next to their green way.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:05 PM   #2304

Stayed the night at WalMart in Cullman, Al. last week. No problems.

John
Old 08-23-2011, 12:20 AM   #2305

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comcourt View Post
Is this a policy change at WalMart? We travel cross country regularly between our homes in Ohio and Arizona, and often overnight at WalMarts. Has anyone else had this experience?
Here's what the Wal*Mart site has to say:
Quote:
Can I park my RV at a Walmart store?
While we do not offer electrical service or accommodations typically necessary for RV customers, Walmart values RV travelers and considers them among our best customers. Consequently, we do permit RV parking on our store lots as we are able. Permission to park is extended by individual store managers, based on availability of parking space and local laws. Please contact management in each store to ensure accommodations before parking your RV.
Old 08-23-2011, 12:21 AM   #2306

the old saying is, Its easier to apologize than to ask for permission.

Ive learned,what was mentioned in an earlier post that
the managers are afraid their liability is increased just by giving permission. Maybe the managers risk of reprimand from his boss in corporation is alot higher if something happens and he gave permission.

I just park and if they want you to move,security will Knock on your door,at just about any time,so be prepared to find another spot in the middle of the night if they choose that time.
That rarely happens ,in my experience,until you get into denser populations where there are policies that there is no overnight parking anywhere.
Old 08-23-2011, 01:05 PM   #2307

Tiffin Owners Club
Motherhood in the animal kingdom

No complaints until you have reviewed all pictures.

Motherhood from the Animal Kingdom to Wal-Mart

jack
Old 08-23-2011, 02:28 PM   #2308

Nor'easters Club
I too, use the IPhone Walmart Overnight App. It's great and filters non-parking Walmarts from the rest...Don't know if there's one yet for the android phones. Used to use the Walmart Road Atlas and once we got thrown out of the Walmart in Naples FL at 6AM. This is much better.
2019 Ford F150 Limited 450hp

Old 08-23-2011, 02:37 PM   #2309

My husband has been living in our 19' Scamp in Dickinson, ND where housing is tight and expensive due to the oil boom. He mentioned maybe he could give up his campsite and just camp in Wal-Marts parking lot. I told him we got a whole thread going on that subject.
Old 08-27-2011, 06:53 PM   #2310

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comcourt View Post
Last week, my wife and I stopped for the night at a Super WalMart in Port Clinton, OH where we had overnighted in the past. As is our habit, we went into the store to restock the fridge and make sure we had permission from the management. We stopped at customer service and asked if it was ok to park for the night. The two girls at the counter looked at us like we had holes in our heads and said they didn't think it was allowed. I assured them that we had been welcome in the past and asked for the store manager. After about a ten minute wait, the manager arrived at customer service and said that Corporate no longer requires the stores to allow overnight campers, and that he is discouraging it at "his" store. He did concede that since we were already there that we could stay. We didn't - not wanting to stay where we were not welcome. Is this a policy change at WalMart? We travel cross country regularly between our homes in Ohio and Arizona, and often overnight at WalMarts. Has anyone else had this experience?
In Ocala Florida no parking at Sam's but ok at the Walmarts.
Closed Thread

Tags
camping