Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-03-2011, 08:19 PM   #2325

Monaco Owners Club
We have all read the Walcamping posts and seen the Walmart customer parade posts, but I don't recall seeing a Walmart employee post. What kind of pictures and stories could this bring? Can this revive a slow thread?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-03-2011, 08:27 PM   #2326

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We have been in a lot of Walmarts and can't remember sloppy workers. There is a dress code of sorts. When the Target CEO went over to Walmart he stoped the employees from wearing the vest. I liked the vest, you could tell who worked there.

Old 09-03-2011, 08:50 PM   #2327

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmSprings View Post
the old saying is, Its easier to apologize than to ask for permission.

Ive learned,what was mentioned in an earlier post that
the managers are afraid their liability is increased just by giving permission. Maybe the managers risk of reprimand from his boss in corporation is alot higher if something happens and he gave permission.

I just park and if they want you to move,security will Knock on your door,at just about any time,so be prepared to find another spot in the middle of the night if they choose that time.
That rarely happens ,in my experience,until you get into denser populations where there are policies that there is no overnight parking anywhere.
Quote:
Can I park my RV at a Walmart store?
While we do not offer electrical service or accommodations typically necessary for RV customers, Walmart values RV travelers and considers them among our best customers. Consequently, we do permit RV parking on our store lots as we are able. Permission to park is extended by individual store managers, based on availability of parking space and local laws. Please contact management in each store to ensure accommodations before parking your RV.
'Nuff said?
Old 09-03-2011, 09:09 PM   #2328

You lucked out!!! The last time we went thru Newport there were "No Overnight Parking" signs all over the parking lot.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:17 PM   #2329

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wackymac View Post
You lucked out!!! The last time we went thru Newport there were "No Overnight Parking" signs all over the parking lot.
Hi, Wackymac

That was in Newport, Oregon?
I didn't see any signs, but I was half asleep...
I think I'd have busted out crying if I'd been run off!

There were about a dozen other rigs in the lot, too.

Francesca
Old 09-03-2011, 11:16 PM   #2330

Last time through there I saw the signs as well... in Oregon, there's no where I know of along 101 that you can overnight/catch a few hours sleep. Believe me, I wish there was!

But I do understand it in the sense that I think if it were allowed along the side of the road and rest areas, people would pack them in during the high season. I mean, honestly, who doesn't mind running their generator for charging batteries in exchange for a beachfront space along some of the best scenery in the world?

Steve
Old 09-03-2011, 11:27 PM   #2331

Vintage RV Owners Club
I s'pose this is the wrong place to post this, but the next night we did find a Highway Department rest stop at Brookings, just north of the California border. Nice one, too, with a dumpstation and water to fill a rig. Overnighting allowed- I think the difference is jurisdictional. State Parks manages most of the more northerly rest areas.
After the ordeal of the previous night, I paid real close attention the rest of the way south. I also noticed that beginning at about Bandon the "no overnight parking" signs disappeared...
I spoke to a few folks that were overnighting in a spot near "Bob's Creek", and they said there'd been no problems.

And by the way, we spent the night at the Coos Bay Walmart on the way back home!
Whew!
Guess that makes me still "on topic!"

Francesca
Old 09-04-2011, 08:19 AM   #2332

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca View Post
I s'pose this is the wrong place to post this, but the next night we did find a Highway Department rest stop at Brookings, just north of the California border. Nice one, too, with a dumpstation and water to fill a rig. Overnighting allowed- I think the difference is jurisdictional. State Parks manages most of the more northerly rest areas.
After the ordeal of the previous night, I paid real close attention the rest of the way south. I also noticed that beginning at about Bandon the "no overnight parking" signs disappeared...
I spoke to a few folks that were overnighting in a spot near "Bob's Creek", and they said there'd been no problems.

And by the way, we spent the night at the Coos Bay Walmart on the way back home!
Whew!
Guess that makes me still "on topic!"

Francesca
Slickest1, the reason you don't hear from Walmart employees on this thread is Walmart doesn't pay them enought to own an RV
Old 09-04-2011, 08:46 AM   #2333

I know this is a bit off-topic, but since the discussion includes Rt 101................

Any driving restrictions on a 38 Foot DP on 101 in WA, OR, and CA.?
Yellowstone Lake 6-1-2012
Old 09-04-2011, 08:57 AM   #2334

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Please contact management in each store to ensure accommodations before parking your RV.

Does Walmart have a drive through??? Should I just put the MH in cruise control, tie the steering wheel to keep it going in circles, jump out and run into Walmart to contact management? Is this dangerous? I tried to use cruise control once to go back and make a sandwich but rude drivers kept honking their horns and ruined my lunch. Now park first, and then make lunch. It makes lunch more enjoyable. Wouldn't it be more expedient at Walmart, to park first, and then go inside and contact management?
Old 09-04-2011, 12:27 PM   #2335

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepill View Post
I know this is a bit off-topic, but since the discussion includes Rt 101................

None specific to any particular vehicle type/length in Oregon and Washington.
I'm less familiar with (all of) California but pretty sure it's the same down there...
Hwy 1 might be a different story...
They all have rules about letting faster vehicles pass, though.

Oh!
And WALMART is a mighty handy place to pull out and let folks by!

Francesca
Old 09-04-2011, 12:37 PM   #2336
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepill View Post

We've spent the last two months working our way down 101 from Seattle in our 40DP w/toad... and we're currently near Santa Barbara. Have taken this route several times and there's no problem at all with 101 except for when it goes through San Francisco. You might want to cut over to I5 to bypass the traffic. And Hwy 1 is a very different story so do your homework if you're thinking of taking the PCH.

Good luck...

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
Old 09-04-2011, 05:33 PM   #2337

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billieg View Post
The heck with Mal-Marts... Rude people.... they won't let you put your jacks down, awing or slides out, or dump your tanks in the drain... They also won't deliver chicken wings to the RV and it's only outside the store! Also, they get very upset if you "barrow" a picnic table or chairs.... Besides, they have all kinds of trucks honking their horn at you all times of the night when you park in front of the loading docks. Totally rude and un-called for...

You can park for free in a motel parking lot and get free WiFi, ice and use their pool and gym all for free. Heck, some even give ya a free breakfast just for shown up!
Can I get at least a sarcastic Thought I'd make ya laugh.... Ya, I'm a redneck but was learn't manners too...
Old 09-04-2011, 06:18 PM   #2338

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billieg View Post
Can I get at least a sarcastic Thought I'd make ya laugh....
Hi, Billieg

We aim to please!

Hmmmm

I'm a "smiley's overuser", and am intrigued by the challenge of coming up with a
"sarcastic thumbs up"...:

So far, I've got:
Or:
Or:

See anything there that does the trick?

Francesca

Tags
camping