Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-06-2011, 03:58 PM   #2353

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb5300 View Post
If they ask you to leave and you don't then you could be charged with trespassing... I would have moved the RV and then gone inside to talk with the manager, depending on what he said I may have gotten hold of the wife and left my cart of groceries sitting in the aisle.
UMMmmmm - are you saying that if they won't give you the free overnite parking spot you expect, you'd get even?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-06-2011, 04:03 PM   #2354

He wasn't trying to overnight. His wife was shopping...
Old 09-06-2011, 04:04 PM   #2355

Vintage RV Owners Club
Like Libby said;

The poster in question wasn't looking to overnight park- just to shop!
Go back a post or two! (#2346)

Getting kicked off the lot for "parking while the wife is in the store" seems like an issue to take up with the manager.

I'd bet that the manager would WANT to hear about it...
Old 09-06-2011, 04:13 PM   #2356

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca View Post
Like Libby said;

The poster in question wasn't looking to overnight park- just to shop!
Go back a post or two! (#2346)

Getting kicked off the lot for "parking while the wife is in the store" seems like an issue to take up with the manager.

I'd bet that the manager would WANT to hear about it...
I wasn't referring to post #2346, but rather the one I posted in quotes from #2349 - and it wasn't clear if that poster and quote was only referring to response to a few minutes RV parking for shopping, or went further - and wonder if a "getting even" attitude is proper and acceptable to other RVers in any situation, and reflects well on RVers in general - and ESPECIALLY those looking for continued good relations with Walmart managers?

It's always interesting reading the mindsets and expectations of other RVers, but not always clear...
Old 09-06-2011, 05:37 PM   #2357

LOOK guys and gals, in at least OUR situation, we've been RVing so long - at least 50 years - I'm not certain if our Walmart shopping OR RVing started first!

BUT, either way, our Walmart shopping and buying has ALWAYS been for the benefit we received in good (USA made, in the beginning!) products at prices a lower/middle class family could afford - and related "Freebies" were not then - or NOW - in any way - a part of or motivation for, our continued shopping at WM.

We sometimes DO park our RV on the WM lot as we shop - and that's ALL we do on their lot - but our buying is of things we would buy ANYWAY, regardless of whether we parked our RV, OR our car out in front of the store!

AND, I suspect that our case is the SAME for other RVers as well, instead of "extra" shopping or buying of stuff we really DON'T want or need, done as some form of intended "payback" or bribe for an overnight RV parking spot!

NOW, all that said, in rare cases where we feel unfairly treated by an individual merchant or chain outfit, we vote with our FEET and billfold - NOT by vindictive and devious acts that cause extra work for store employees, and WHAT is likely to be the attitude of the affected worker or store manager the NEXT time he's approached by an RVer asking for a favor?

But jeeze, let's not do, or encourage, vindictive acts of revenge that might affect not only OUR future benefits - but also those of OTHER RVers as well...
Old 09-06-2011, 05:44 PM   #2358

Vintage RV Owners Club
Old 09-06-2011, 06:42 PM   #2359

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary - K7GLD View Post
LOOK guys and gals, in at least OUR situation, we've been RVing so long - at least 50 years - I'm not certain if our Walmart shopping OR RVing started first!

BUT, either way, our Walmart shopping and buying has ALWAYS been for the benefit we received in good (USA made, in the beginning!) products at prices a lower/middle class family could afford - and related "Freebies" were not then - or NOW - in any way - a part of or motivation for, our continued shopping at WM.

We sometimes DO park our RV on the WM lot as we shop - and that's ALL we do on their lot - but our buying is of things we would buy ANYWAY, regardless of whether we parked our RV, OR our car out in front of the store!

AND, I suspect that our case is the SAME for other RVers as well, instead of "extra" shopping or buying of stuff we really DON'T want or need, done as some form of intended "payback" or bribe for an overnight RV parking spot!

NOW, all that said, in rare cases where we feel unfairly treated by an individual merchant or chain outfit, we vote with our FEET and billfold - NOT by vindictive and devious acts that cause extra work for store employees, and WHAT is likely to be the attitude of the affected worker or store manager the NEXT time he's approached by an RVer asking for a favor?

But jeeze, let's not do, or encourage, vindictive acts of revenge that might affect not only OUR future benefits - but also those of OTHER RVers as well...
Some people think up and down, some think sideways...
Old 09-06-2011, 07:16 PM   #2360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billieg View Post
Some people think up and down, some think sideways...
YUP - and some think only of themselves, or don't think at all...
Old 09-07-2011, 12:31 PM   #2361

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary - K7GLD View Post
I wasn't referring to post #2346, but rather the one I posted in quotes from #2349 - and it wasn't clear if that poster and quote was only referring to response to a few minutes RV parking for shopping, or went further - and wonder if a "getting even" attitude is proper and acceptable to other RVers in any situation, and reflects well on RVers in general - and ESPECIALLY those looking for continued good relations with Walmart managers?

It's always interesting reading the mindsets and expectations of other RVers, but not always clear...
Gary, if you're wondering what I'm thinking just ask....I'm not shy...What I said and what I meant was if I'm asked to leave a parking lot while the wife is shopping (not sleeping) then I would first move my rig, then I'd go and talk to the manager. If his answer was to get off his lot, then I would gather up the misses and leave...and I would leave the basket sitting where it was....Had nothing to do with free overnight parking, it had to do with the fact that if you don't want me in your parking lot then you must not want me (or my checkbook) in your store.
Old 09-07-2011, 01:02 PM   #2362

Alpine Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb5300 View Post
if you don't want me in your parking lot then you must not want me (or my checkbook) in your store.
What! They still make checkbooks?

I haven't written a check in so long I don't think I remember how!
Old 09-07-2011, 01:12 PM   #2363

Newmar Owners Club
Folks,

Please! Can we stay focused on Walmart and not assume what others mean to say.

Thank you!
Old 09-07-2011, 02:30 PM   #2364

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by mythplaced View Post
What! They still make checkbooks?

I haven't written a check in so long I don't think I remember how!
My checks still have 19__ for the date. That is how many I have written in the last decade.

If I did write one it would be to Walmart while parked there. Hows that for keeping on topic
Old 09-07-2011, 03:42 PM   #2365

I hate to admit it, but my checks just have a blank space for the date and I still write 19. Only been 11 years.
Old 09-07-2011, 04:08 PM   #2366

Fleetwood Owners Club
I have pulled the rig onto a Wal*Mart lot for shopping, but did not spend the night since we always have RV park reservations. What concerns me is the generator running all night. Onan 8k... I don't think running it for say 10 hrs would harm the gen. I've heard some have thousands of hours on their generators.
Closed Thread

Tags
camping