Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-17-2011, 08:08 PM   #2521

Dead critter get to me.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-17-2011, 08:11 PM   #2522

Oh, and mimes.

Clowns, real clowns, I can handle.

Old 09-17-2011, 08:39 PM   #2523

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Walmart trying for 6th super store in Marion county Fl. Stopped plans to do so. They don't think they could get sales in the area they want to build of at least $89,000.00 per day. They say thay need that to keep the doors open.
Old 09-17-2011, 09:00 PM   #2524

Workhorse Chassis Owner
So pass this Walmart now.
Um, if you love me you'll pass this Walmart now.
Dam it, pass this bill now!

I'll gladly give you a hamburger tomorrow if you just pass this Walmart now.
2003 Damon DAYBREAK Model# 3275 // 2002 P32 Workhorse Custom Chassis, 8.1L Vortec 8100,180 Thermostat, .045 SP Gap, SuperSteer Rear Track Bar, Roadmaster Front Spreader Bar, SuperSteer Bell Cranks, Koni FSD ,,,
Old 09-17-2011, 09:51 PM   #2525

wut?
Old 09-18-2011, 08:44 AM   #2526

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikron View Post
Walmart trying for 6th super store in Marion county Fl. Stopped plans to do so. They don't think they could get sales in the area they want to build of at least $89,000.00 per day. They say thay need that to keep the doors open.
Well, just to put it in perspective, the person who said Wal-Mart stores bring in $30,000 per hour, 7/24/365, would have us believe the average store brings in $720,000 per day. Or maybe you meant $90,000 profit per day?
Old 09-18-2011, 08:49 AM   #2527

Quote:
Originally Posted by larcougar View Post
what campground could do that wal mart does not charge
Well, you see, there's the point. I think most of us would be willing to pay a nominal fee per hour if we knew we could pull in at any hour, sleep 8 hours, eat breakfast, and leave with minimal face and reasonable security.

I'm a trucker. I'm used to sleeping in truck stops, etc. But even I have a hard time sleeping in a Wal-Mart lot, what with all the traffic all night, etc.

My point was that there seems to be a market that is not being met, and that, folks, is how Sam Walton and virtually every other wealthy person in the U.S. got that way.

Imagine forming a company that would build quick in-and-out campgrounds near every Wal-Mart. You laugh, but that's how Wendy's does their market research. They watch where McDonald's, which does thousands of dollars of market research, builds a restaurant. Then Wendy's builds one nearby, with zero market research.
Old 09-18-2011, 09:02 AM   #2528

Quote:
Or maybe you meant $90,000 profit per day?

I am sure they do not bother with daily profits. They would be too hard to calculate. They would have to figure in all corporate, warehouse, advertising, and shipping costs. Not sure where I read that figure. If you want to check, you could divide their total retail sales by their 4200 stores to determine it.
Old 09-18-2011, 09:46 AM   #2529

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Wal Mart Profit

I wonder how much they make off the $5.99 chicken we usually buy for dinner when we stop to relax for the evening at Wal Mart. Sometimes, if the budget allows it, we'll spring for a can of corn also.

If I ever find a campground along my route, close to a Wal Mart, with easy 24-hour check-in, hook up, and check out; clean facilities; good security; friendly management and reasonable prices, plus the throw in a free chicken, I'm staying there.
Old 09-18-2011, 10:21 AM   #2530

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
restricted parking

Are there any RV groups that challenge laws restricting parking at Wal mart ond other places like that? Yes, I know, any government can pass any law they want, but many of them are based on greed and do not hold up if challenged. Overnight restrictions at Wal Mart are purely greed. Wal Mart likes us and we spend money there. Both when we stay on their lot and when we stay at campgrounds. Campground owners believe they have a right to our money. If we stay at Wal Mart, they think we are "stealing" from them. They band together and give money to politicians to pass these laws, in the name of safety which we all know is BS. A group can pool their money, "hire" someone to stay at Wal Mart, get a ticket (or better yet arrested) and challenge the law in court. I'd join the group and pay to be part of the law suit. Any organizers out there?
Old 09-18-2011, 12:00 PM   #2531

Lake City Florida cancelled their ordinances due to bad publicity on the internet. If a city want to ban it, they have every right to do so. If they put up signs, then they can fine you the first offense. Lots of city revenues are down due to the economy and they are looking for ways to get more money. Red light cameras are running rampant here,
Old 09-18-2011, 04:08 PM   #2532

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
I wonder how much they make off the $5.99 chicken we usually buy for dinner when we stop to relax for the evening at Wal Mart. Sometimes, if the budget allows it, we'll spring for a can of corn also.

If I ever find a campground along my route, close to a Wal Mart, with easy 24-hour check-in, hook up, and check out; clean facilities; good security; friendly management and reasonable prices, plus the throw in a free chicken, I'm staying there.
Awww, you poor thing. I think we should take up a collection so you could splurge for some potatoes, a loaf of bread and maybe some milk. J/K. If I found a deal like that, I too, would stay at a CG instead of WM.
Old 09-18-2011, 04:33 PM   #2533

Boeing Guy, you called that like I would have. I have not had a chance to experience restrictions at a WM or anywhere else, but I do believe there are restrictions on selling vehicles on vacant city and maybe private owned lots. That too, is greed by the cities to collect taxes on selling a vehicle. I'm not even sure that is in affect any longer. It may all depend on local city ordinances.

What pisses me off is that when traveling on a street in Phx at a say 45 MPH, when you cross into Glendale, the speed limit drops to 35. Same road, same conditions, just add a revenue generator. Some years ago, it was on the local news that Glendale was going to start writing tickets for 1 MPH over. Don't know if that ever went into effect, but you can see what I mean about Glendale's greed.
Old 09-18-2011, 04:41 PM   #2534

Red light and speed camera contracts have been canceled around Phx. At one red light intersection, the accident rate went up 29% after installing the cameras. They're coming down sometime this month or next. Speculation by the media is that people were slamming on their brakes when they saw the camera or warning signs.

Closed Thread

Tags
camping