Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-27-2011, 08:53 AM   #2605
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,358
Quote:
Originally Posted by offthewall View Post
What "stunt" was that?
Florida in December; in the middle of the winter season; If the Walmarts down here would let campers stay in their parking lots there would be no room for the car shoppers. Some of the campers would spend the winter in the parking lot.
__________________

__________________
melvonnar is offline  
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-27-2011, 09:11 AM   #2606
Senior Member
 
Monacoach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,675
Not sure if I was the object of the stunt comment. Our stunt is to travel west for the winter with stops in Ohio Memphis Texas etc. Flying Js walmarts mostly while traveling although we may stay at Graceland Campground for a night or two and go see Elvis.
__________________

__________________
2008 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 340 Cummins
Monacoach is online now  
Old 09-27-2011, 09:38 AM   #2607
Senior Member
 
Smokyjoe's Avatar
 
Appalachian Campers
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Cashiers, N.C. USA
Posts: 253
Send a message via Skype™ to Smokyjoe
We have stayed at WM all around the country. Never had a problem or a basket hit our coach. We also stay at some truck stops, Crackerbarrel, Flying J, Luvs. Denny's, and once at Lowes. Also on Hwy 40 Newport,Tenn. Shoney's.
__________________
2001 Travel Supreme

36' Diesel
Smokyjoe is offline  
Old 09-27-2011, 11:12 AM   #2608
Senior Member


 
Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bonney Lake, WA
Posts: 351
On the Thanksgiving weekend a couple years ago, we tried to stay at two WM's in Portland, OR. They are both on 82nd Ave. Pulled into the first one and before I could even shut the engine off, the shopping center security guard was right along side me saying I couldn't overnight there. I knew there was another one just a couple miles down the road so we moved on. Got there and saw signs in the lot, No Overnight Parking. Went inside, anyway, to ask. "Sorry, we don't own the lot, but you can park next door at the furniture store that is out of business." Pulled in there and found a nice flat spot. While eating dinner there was a knock at the door. Another security guy says, "sorry, no overnight parking in this lot." He did let us finish our dinner. We moved on to a Safeway lot in a not great part of town, but it was quiet and the manager and employees were friendly. On Thanksgiving day we stopped at Fred Meyer for dinner fixin's and asked if we could spend the night in their lot. "No, sorry, Portland doesn't allow overnighting in parking lots." Spent the next couple nights at a truck stop a little further out of town.

Kind of a hassle but it goes with the territory and lifestyle. However, we won't be returning to Portland to do our Christmas shopping like we have for years. Everyone needs to exercise their right to do whatever is best for them. Somehow, Portland seems to think it is in their best interest to ban overnight parking by RVer's. Works for me!
__________________
Phil in Bonney Lake, WA
2003 Itasca Horizon, 32TD
Madrona is offline  
Old 09-27-2011, 11:24 AM   #2609
Senior Member
 
Dunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Phx, Arid~zona
Posts: 11,106
Sounds like some Council Members have the CG owners in their back pocket. I would question who is paying the security guard.
__________________
2004 32' National Sea Breeze 1311 Class A on a F-53 Chassis, CHF, TST TPMS, 5Star Tune.
If Dunner (RVM23) can't fix it, it ain't broke!
Cheap Handling Fix Poll. Click Here to vote?
Dunner is offline  
Old 09-27-2011, 11:33 AM   #2610
Senior Member
 
Always-RVing's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 959
Reply to post concerning city ordinanace to refuse RV parking at Wal*Mart.

The city did retract the ordinance to stop RV parking at the local Wal*Mart after there was a lot of local voice opposing the ordinance.

I wonder if the city ban against RV parking at Wal*Mart originated from three close by RV parks?
__________________
Fleetwood Providence 2008 40e
Ford F-350 4x4 Diesel 6.0L 2006
Honda CR-V 2006
Always-RVing is offline  
Old 09-27-2011, 11:36 AM   #2611
Senior Member
 
Dunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Phx, Arid~zona
Posts: 11,106
Key words "Close by RV parks".
__________________
2004 32' National Sea Breeze 1311 Class A on a F-53 Chassis, CHF, TST TPMS, 5Star Tune.
If Dunner (RVM23) can't fix it, it ain't broke!
Cheap Handling Fix Poll. Click Here to vote?
Dunner is offline  
Old 09-27-2011, 11:40 AM   #2612
Senior Member
 
Francesca's Avatar
 
Vintage RV Owners Club
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Port Hadlock, Washington
Posts: 2,855
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman_777 View Post
Reply to post concerning city ordinanace to refuse RV parking at Wal*Mart.

The city did retract the ordinance to stop RV parking at the local Wal*Mart after there was a lot of local voice opposing the ordinance.
:
Hi Batman

Are you talking about the ban in Woodburn, Oregon? Did they retract that ban?

Thanks!

Francesca
__________________
Francesca is offline  
Old 09-27-2011, 11:45 AM   #2613
Moderator Emeritus
 
RickO's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Litchfield Park, Arizona
Posts: 10,530
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman_777 View Post
The city did retract the ordinance to stop RV parking at the local Wal*Mart after there was a lot of local voice opposing the ordinance.
Do you suppose the local outcry came from RVers afraid they'd lose their overnight WalMart privileges elsewhere? Why else would locals complain?

Rick
__________________
Rick, Nancy, Peanut & Lola our Westie Dogs & Bailey the Sheltie.

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline  
Old 09-27-2011, 01:36 PM   #2614
Senior Member


 
Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bonney Lake, WA
Posts: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickO View Post
Do you suppose the local outcry came from RVers afraid they'd lose their overnight WalMart privileges elsewhere? Why else would locals complain?

Rick
The locals may be business owners that are losing out on the dollars RVer's tend to spend where they stay.
__________________
Phil in Bonney Lake, WA
2003 Itasca Horizon, 32TD
Madrona is offline  
Old 09-27-2011, 02:11 PM   #2615
Senior Member
 
rockintom's Avatar
 
Excel Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Fulltime TX Escapee
Posts: 8,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madrona View Post
On the Thanksgiving weekend a couple years ago, we tried to stay at two WM's in Portland, OR. They are both on 82nd Ave. Pulled into the first one and before I could even shut the engine off, the shopping center security guard was right along side me saying I couldn't overnight there. I knew there was another one just a couple miles down the road so we moved on. Got there and saw signs in the lot, No Overnight Parking. Went inside, anyway, to ask. "Sorry, we don't own the lot, but you can park next door at the furniture store that is out of business." Pulled in there and found a nice flat spot. While eating dinner there was a knock at the door. Another security guy says, "sorry, no overnight parking in this lot." He did let us finish our dinner. We moved on to a Safeway lot in a not great part of town, but it was quiet and the manager and employees were friendly. On Thanksgiving day we stopped at Fred Meyer for dinner fixin's and asked if we could spend the night in their lot. "No, sorry, Portland doesn't allow overnighting in parking lots." Spent the next couple nights at a truck stop a little further out of town.

Kind of a hassle but it goes with the territory and lifestyle. However, we won't be returning to Portland to do our Christmas shopping like we have for years. Everyone needs to exercise their right to do whatever is best for them. Somehow, Portland seems to think it is in their best interest to ban overnight parking by RVer's. Works for me!
Just FYI.....we are in Portland workamping in a RV park just 1 mile from a Supercenter WM in Wood Village (northeast side of Portland). The lot has signs all over stating No overnight parking for RV or trucks. However, if you go into the store and see customer service they say no problem, but for one night only. Lots of eating places, and a very close walk from Camping World, which has also allows parking and a nice 24 hr. dump. That WM had 14 RVers in the lot when I went to the store this morning at about 7:00 AM. Overnight parking website has this info listed. CW has 1-30 amp hookup, but usually used by a service customer. rockin'
__________________
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: http://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is online now  
Old 09-27-2011, 02:26 PM   #2616
Senior Member
 
Francesca's Avatar
 
Vintage RV Owners Club
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Port Hadlock, Washington
Posts: 2,855
Thanks, Rockintom!

That tip is so HOT, it's SMOKIN'!

P.S.

Is there still a Burns Brothers Truck Stop out there east of Wood Village on I-84?


Thanks again

Francesca
__________________
Francesca is offline  
Old 09-27-2011, 02:28 PM   #2617
Senior Member
 
rockintom's Avatar
 
Excel Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Fulltime TX Escapee
Posts: 8,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca View Post
Thanks, Rockintom!

That tip is so HOT, it's SMOKIN'!

P.S.

Is there still a Burns Brothers Truck Stop out there east of Wood Village on I-84?


Thanks again

Francesca
Thanks Fran, I don't think so......there is a Love's (used to be Flying J) and TA out there at Exit 17. rockin'
__________________
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: http://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is online now  
Old 09-27-2011, 02:35 PM   #2618
Senior Member
 
mikron's Avatar
 
Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
Don't need no company.

Only if you were good.
__________________

__________________
Mike, Janet & Duchess (cavalier King Charles)
2008 35B windsport, Brazel's rear TracBar, Koni shocks & Safe T plus steering
mikron is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
camping



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
More Canadian Walmarts banning Overnight RV Parking jobriant Boondocking 77 11-18-2010 08:36 PM

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.