Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-13-2011, 10:37 PM   #2759

Winnebago Owners Club
I guess it would depend where the wall mart is located before I would over night in one.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-13-2011, 10:42 PM   #2760

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
The WM near me already has their Christmas trees up in the seasonal dept. But if the light bothers you or keeps you awake, don't get the pre-lit ones.

Lori-
Thanks, Lori

Are the trees potted or cut? I wouldn't want to go to the expense of buying stands...
Oh!
And do the pre-lit ones have long enough electric cords to reach from the store to the Northeast corner of the Omak Walmart parking lot?

Francesca

P.S.
Is there a guard in "The Seasonal Department" all the time?
They can be so fussy about merchandise "rearranging"...

Old 10-13-2011, 11:07 PM   #2761

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK Jeeper
I dont know, but LA area Wallmarts I woulden't feel safe.
Not to worry, the vast majority of Walmarts in LA dont allow overnight parking.
Old 10-14-2011, 06:53 AM   #2762

Winnebago Owners Club
WOW!!! Approaching 3000 posts & 200 pages. Who would of thought there was so much to talk about WM. It is obvious that WM is a big part of RVing. Wheather you shop or overnight or not at WM.
Old 10-14-2011, 08:46 AM   #2763

I've been on car forums with people of all ages and a lot of them try to act like they're better than others by saying they would never shop at WM. I don't believe any of them.
Old 10-14-2011, 10:18 AM   #2764

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Francesca and Dunner, I have to meet you two in person one day to see if you’re as Entertaining in real life as you are on this site and this thread...
Francesca, your only across the sound from me, so it could happen anytime, and Dunner I will be in Sun City next month for a day or two at least, maybe longer, all depends on the DW and Family..
Old 10-14-2011, 11:00 AM   #2765

I've been called the class clown a time or two. I sometimes over-due it though. Depending on the dune trip schedule, I may not be here when you are.
Old 10-14-2011, 12:00 PM   #2766

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca View Post
Dear me- it hadn't occurred to me that the Garden Shop may be closed by November...
I suppose our usual method of dragging some of their full sized potted shade trees around the parking lot is out.
Do you think Christmas trees will be in by then?
I think two or three side-by-side would be adequate...
Can you call ahead and reserve some in the "tall enough to block the streetlight" size range?

Francesca
I'm on it!
Old 10-14-2011, 12:09 PM   #2767

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JK Jeeper View Post
I guess it would depend where the wall mart is located before I would over night in one.
Good advice and I think it applies to ANY location, business, street corners and campgrounds!
Old 10-14-2011, 12:11 PM   #2768

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mochisme View Post
Francesca and Dunner, I have to meet you two in person one day to see if you’re as Entertaining in real life as you are on this site and this thread...
Francesca, your only across the sound from me, so it could happen anytime, and Dunner I will be in Sun City next month for a day or two at least, maybe longer, all depends on the DW and Family..
Think about joining us for the Omak Walmart IRV2 Flash Mob Rally on Veterans Day weekend, Mochisme!
If you've never been there, you should know that November in Omak can be breezy. It's wise to bring several lengths of 1-1/2" steel cable to tie your rig down. You needn't worry about attachment points- Phil usually tows a pile driver and he'll drive giant eyebolts into the asphalt wherever it's most convenient for you to set up.
A big thanks from all of us, Phil!

Francesca

P.S.
"One-Nighter" from Spokane is bringing the BBQ and will be providing the ribs as well as the entertainment.
(see below)
Or maybe the "ribs" ARE the entertainment. We'll have to wait and see!
I thought perhaps you'd be willing to bring the beer...
Rainier Distributing down at the Edmonds docks will have the tanker ready to go by 8 A.M. on the Friday- any chance you can pick it up?

F.
Quote:
Originally Posted by one-nighter View Post
Free dump station?
OK, you've sold ME on the merits of the Omak WM. But I have to ask, why Omak in November! It'll be tough to whip out the BBQ and enjoy that grassy strip in my bikini top when it 30 degrees out.
Old 10-14-2011, 12:28 PM   #2769

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca View Post
Think about joining us for the Omak Walmart IRV2 Flash Mob Rally on Veterans Day weekend, Mochisme!
If you've never been there, you should know that November in Omak can be breezy. It's wise to bring several lengths of 1-1/2" steel cable to tie your rig down. You needn't worry about attachment points- Phil usually tows a pile driver and he'll drive giant eyebolts into the asphalt wherever it's most convenient for you to set up.
A big thanks from all of us, Phil!

Francesca

P.S.
"One-Nighter" from Spokane is bringing the BBQ and will be providing the ribs as well as the entertainment.
(see below)
Or maybe the "ribs" ARE the entertainment. We'll have to wait and see!
I thought perhaps you'd be willing to bring the beer...
Rainier Distributing down at the Edmonds docks will have the tanker ready to go by 8 A.M. on the Friday- any chance you can pick it up?

F.
Thanks for the invite Francesca , I would love to have/see the Ribs and/or Enterainment One-Nighter is providing as well as hauling the tanker of beer over the North Cascade Highway to assure it was cold upon arrival. But I will still be in AZ on 11/11/11 which is my sisters and son-in-laws birthdays also. Nice of you to throw a party for them even if they do not attend.

I think the 1 1/2 inch steel cable is a type "O", because even Dunner with his sandrail could not bend it around to splice an eye into it for connection to Phil's eyebolts. I would think a couple lengths of 5/8 inch chain would work just fine and just use a connecting link to the eyebolts and maybe a turnbuckle or two.
Old 10-14-2011, 12:42 PM   #2770

Vintage RV Owners Club

Do try to persuade your family members otherwise, Mochisme!
We always arrange for accommodations for guests...
The've already cleared an aisle of shelves in "Bedding":
It's real comfortable unless you like to sit up all of a sudden.

Thanks for the suggestions on the cable- I'll have to consult with Phil.
I'm just not sure if chain that's big enough to hold in Omak's wind will pass through the eyebolts...
Maybe we could just thread the cable through them and get a couple of WALMART greeters to hold the ends for three days!

Francesca
Old 10-14-2011, 01:14 PM   #2771

Oh man the pressure is on!

Ribs you say? So many choices, cow, pig or pre-tenderized deer? I may have to haul out the BIG BBQ for a rack of ribs. Hey, then DH can bring his blow torch to fire up the grill. How is WM set for firewood?

Can you bring enough cable for our free standing canopy? I need a place to set up my lounge chair and side table. And then, if the weather turns bad we'll have a dry place to gather around the beer kegs.
Old 10-14-2011, 01:26 PM   #2772

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Oh boy! Ribs and beer. I would love to join in but we will be in Key Largo. About as far away from Omak as you can be and still stay in the U.S.A. How about some blackened Mahi and an umbrella drink. No Walmart though

Closed Thread

Tags
camping