Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-16-2011, 09:06 AM   #2829

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Chuck Norris satys at Wal mart all the time.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2011, 10:03 AM   #2830

Who would win? Chuck Norris or a Liger?

Old 10-16-2011, 10:29 AM   #2831
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblanche View Post
... the New Boston, TX, store does not allow any trucks or RV's on the front lot, there is a police station right in front of the store, they will run off any parked trucks or RV's (even WalMart's own trucks), and they may ask a trucker to show them a bill of lading before they allow him to enter the lot. ...
This is referring to Walmart Supercenter # 181, located at 800 James Bowie Dr in New Boston, TX. I've spoken with both the Walmart store manager and the New Boston, TX police department.within the past hour to clarify this. While the above information is accurate with regard to trucks, it does not apply to RVs.

First of all, the law enforcement office next to the store is the County Sheriff's office, in the Bowie County Court House. The city police department is located about a mile and a half away.

The City of New Boston, TX, recently designated only certain streets as truck routes. James Bowie Drive, which leads from I-30, Exit 201 to Walmart Supercenter # 181, and surrounding streets which provide alternate routes to the store, are not truck routes. 18-wheelers are not allowed to use thes streets to go to the Walmart Store unless they have a delivery at the store and the bill of lading to confirm this. The restrictions do not apply to RVs which have a total of 17 wheels or fewer, including any towed vehicles or towed trailers.

Walmart Supercenter # 181 welcomes RVers who obtain permission from the store to park overnight for one night. Park in the NE corner of the lot, without obstructing traffic lanes. The usual common-sense & common courtesy behaviors apply -- no use of awnings, BBQs or lawn furniture; levelers only with pads to protect asphalt; slides extended only over non-driving, non-pedestrian areas, and so on.
Old 10-16-2011, 10:45 AM   #2832
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by faye View Post
I think with crime as high as it is, that this overnight parking by rvers will cause wal-mart to not want rvers to stop even to shop. Find a rv park and pay a dry docking fee or stay in a place truckers stay overnight. Just my thoughts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
WM might like it if RV'er took matters in their own hands and "secured" the parking lot, making it safer for shoppers.
I've had more than one Walmart store manager tell me that one of the reasons they welcome RVers to park overnight is that it makes the lot safer. In the words of one, manager, "You all have eyes and ears, you all have cell phones, and you all know how to dial 911."
Old 10-16-2011, 11:01 AM   #2833
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CD View Post
Is there a Walmart in Pullman now? The one we have been to is in Moscow.
Pullman Walmart Store #1870
1690 Se Harvest Dr
Pullman, WA 99163
Phone: (509) 334-2990

Walmart Store # 1870 in Moscow, ID, closed in October 2010. It is being completely rebuilt into a Walmart Supercenter, scheduled to open some time in the first half of 2012. While it was open, the Moscow store allowed Overnight RV Parking, with permission from the store. During construction, it is not allowed. I have no information on what the policy will be when the new Supercenter opens.
Old 10-16-2011, 11:31 AM   #2834

Monaco Owners Club
On the other hand if you had a Prevost and parked in a Walmart lot would you complain about how cheap the next guy was because he had a small camper van??
Old 10-16-2011, 12:05 PM   #2835

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfbelpaso View Post
I've seen 4o foot diesel pushers parked in Walmart lots with their awning opened out and sitting outside in lawn chairs ready to camp out for the week end. How damn cheap is that? These clowns are what gives RV people a bad name. Cheap, cheap, especially with an RV Park 1/2 mile from Walmart.
Maybe that's how they saved up enough money to buy a diesel pusher!
Old 10-16-2011, 12:46 PM   #2836
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mochisme View Post
I plan on Parking in the Price, UT Wal-Mart Super Center later this month, any problems in UT?
Between Feb 2007 an May 2011 I received 8 reports from RVers about Walmart Supercenter # 1573 in Price, UT. Permission from the store is required. Park at the outer edge of the lot & not near the Tire & Lube center.
Old 10-16-2011, 01:14 PM   #2837

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickest1 View Post
On the other hand if you had a Prevost and parked in a Walmart lot would you complain about how cheap the next guy was because he had a small camper van??
Hey, at least I paid cash for mine. ( )
Old 10-16-2011, 01:33 PM   #2838

Alpine Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
WAL-MART Rally idea!

Wal-Mart has many many distribution centers around the USA..These are made for literraly hundreds of 18 wheel rigs...

We park there and we'd fit right in..

I'm game!
Old 10-16-2011, 02:45 PM   #2839

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Hey Jim!!

Thanks man!! Really appreciate your efforts
Old 10-16-2011, 05:15 PM   #2840

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobriant View Post
Between Feb 2007 an May 2011 I received 8 reports from RVers about Walmart Supercenter # 1573 in Price, UT. Permission from the store is required. Park at the outer edge of the lot & not near the Tire & Lube center.
Thamks for the info Jim, I will be sure to check with the on duty Manager and even use their checkout lines to make a few purchases I am sure.
Old 10-17-2011, 12:40 AM   #2841

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Neosho Missouri and Lamar, Missouri both have designated truck and RV parking areas. Probably the ONLY place I've ever been asked to leave was at Sam's Club, in Marysville Ohio, where ironically I had pulled in to literally GO SHOPPING, not camp!
The manager came out and said if he allowed me to park, others would follow.
I didn't leave my money there.
Old 10-17-2011, 12:44 AM   #2842

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by mythplaced View Post
WAL-MART Rally idea!

Wal-Mart has many many distribution centers around the USA..These are made for literraly hundreds of 18 wheel rigs...

We park there and we'd fit right in..

I'm game!
Most of the Distribution Centers have STRICT RULES about who enters the facility, their appointment time, and if a tractor-trailer shows up early, they are redirected out of the facility until within 45 minutes of their appointment time. Most do not host a "holding area" either- so the local truck stops take on the glut of trucks waiting for their appointment times. I don't think a rally at a WM DC would work, lol.
Closed Thread

Tags
camping