Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-22-2011, 05:59 PM   #2913

I no...

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-22-2011, 06:14 PM   #2914

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
I know...

Old 10-22-2011, 06:24 PM   #2915

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I gno......
Old 10-22-2011, 07:28 PM   #2916

I ka-no...
Old 10-22-2011, 08:38 PM   #2917

Monaco Owners Club
I think I'll stick with being an outside Walmart security guard. At least I can get away when I see FK coming!!
Old 10-22-2011, 08:48 PM   #2918

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
I guess...
Old 10-22-2011, 10:13 PM   #2919

I'm really new to the RV thing. I was pulling my trailer Home for my moms funeral, and got so tired that I just had to stop. Highway was getting fuzzy. I saw a really big church parking lot, and pulled in there. got a few hours sleep and went on our way. I wrote the church and thanked them for the rest space, and got an invitation to stay again with them. I thought a church would be a safe place to get a safe rest for the rest of the trip.
Old 10-23-2011, 03:52 AM   #2920
Community Moderator

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wire Wrat View Post
I'm really new to the RV thing. I was pulling my trailer Home for my moms funeral, and got so tired that I just had to stop. Highway was getting fuzzy. I saw a really big church parking lot, and pulled in there. got a few hours sleep and went on our way. I wrote the church and thanked them for the rest space, and got an invitation to stay again with them. I thought a church would be a safe place to get a safe rest for the rest of the trip.
Most of the time it would no be possible to ask permission to stay over night at a church. Therefore, I would not recommend doing so without prior authorization. Now at Walmart, so many of them are open 24/7 it makes it easy to get permission; and they are happy to grant it.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
Old 10-23-2011, 04:44 AM   #2921

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Has anyone started from page one and re read this thread and if so how long did it take.
Old 10-23-2011, 05:27 AM   #2922

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wire Wrat View Post
I saw a really big church parking lot, and pulled in there. got a few hours sleep and went on our way. I wrote the church and thanked them for the rest space, and got an invitation to stay again with them. I thought a church would be a safe place to get a safe rest for the rest of the trip.

We were in rural Georgia a few years ago and pulled into a church parking lot for the night. After supper and showers we decided to play a game of cards, we no sooner dealt the first hand when a local cop pulled in beside us, he came to the door and asked what we were doing, I told him our plans to sleep there the night.
That's when he asked me to step outside, he checked my ID then asked for the wife's ID... He then explained they have had a lot of breakins of churches in the area to which I responded he could search the RV and our towed if he liked... After looking through everything and finding nothing he said we should move on for the night. when I asked him if there was a place close by he said he didn't know but didn't want us spending the night in "his" county..... We made our way to the interstate and found that welcoming sign.... WAL*MART, after asking if we could stay the night (and told it was okay) we purchased a midnight snack and a few things for the next day.....
Old 10-23-2011, 07:59 AM   #2923

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackf3504dr View Post
We were in rural Georgia a few years ago and pulled into a church parking lot for the night. After supper and showers we decided to play a game of cards, we no sooner dealt the first hand when a local cop pulled in beside us, he came to the door and asked what we were doing, I told him our plans to sleep there the night.
That's when he asked me to step outside, he checked my ID then asked for the wife's ID... He then explained they have had a lot of breakins of churches in the area to which I responded he could search the RV and our towed if he liked... After looking through everything and finding nothing he said we should move on for the night. when I asked him if there was a place close by he said he didn't know but didn't want us spending the night in "his" county..... We made our way to the interstate and found that welcoming sign.... WAL*MART, after asking if we could stay the night (and told it was okay) we purchased a midnight snack and a few things for the next day.....
If you are ever in a rest stop in South Carilona and meet up with an officer (state cop) named TR Jones; he will tell you the same thing.
Old 10-23-2011, 09:09 AM   #2924

Wal-Mart is a church....

Think about it......
Old 10-23-2011, 09:30 AM   #2925

I thought about it and Wal-Mart is no church!
Old 10-23-2011, 01:10 PM   #2926

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Not like church... more like crack...

Tags
camping