Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-29-2011, 05:19 PM   #3249

Monaco Owners Club
And don't forget the poor souls that get disfigured by being carved into jacko-lanterns by some ghouls at Halloween only to be discarded the next day without a thought about their pain and suffering! Makes you glad that you can overnight at Walmart and console yourself. ( had to get some Walmart content in there)

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-29-2011, 05:23 PM   #3250

Gulf Streamers Club
topics?? we need topics???

Old 11-29-2011, 05:56 PM   #3251

Who was it that posted a link to all the Walmarts. I think it also noted which ones allowed overnighting.
Old 11-29-2011, 06:11 PM   #3252

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippy
topics?? we need topics???
Blue light special?
Old 11-29-2011, 06:17 PM   #3253

Fleetwood Owners Club
I have never stayed at a WM lot, but would if the need came up. A couple years ago we had mechanical trouble and we pulled into a WM lot. It appeared we would be stuck there overnight so I asked the Manager about staying the night and he said no problem, he even showed me the best place to stay. Fortunately I was able to make needed repair and we moved on. If its ok with WM, then I would surely stay if need came up. I do understand those that feel its not right and respect their view on the matter. I do think that we RVers , should never misuse the hospitality afforded by WM or any other place that lets us stay over. Just my opinion.
Old 11-29-2011, 07:03 PM   #3254

Location: Wolf Creek dam area, Ky. Cardinal Center Camp Ground, Marengo Oh. or on the road.
We come and go, day and night all depending on our travel schedule. sometimes for 2 to 6 hrs.

We always ask the manager and have had 100% positive response. Like, SURE

Like, heck, go ahead, why even ask. But we always do. and we always seem to need something. so we do make a purchase.

so far. No slide out and have never needed to run the Generator. But would if I needed to.

Wall Mart, K mart and Stake and Shake, open 24/7, and with great food. have treated us well. over the years.
Old 11-29-2011, 07:16 PM   #3255

Rexhall Owners Group
Overnight stays

When traveling off season, and the amenities at the campgrounds ( swimming pools, activities, etc.. ) are closed down, I would not mind paying a nominal rate ( $ 20 - $ 25 ) to park in a campground with hookups. However my experience early last spring, was that the campgrounds charged me the full summer rates.
I will be stopping at Walmarts and truck stops my next trip, so as to avoid the rip offs. Now if I can just keep SWMBO out of the Walmart..

Bob
Old 11-29-2011, 07:19 PM   #3256

On a car form I used to visit, there were the "I'm better than you" punks that "say" they would never stoop so low as to even shop at a WM. Probably mama boys acting tough.
Old 11-29-2011, 07:22 PM   #3257

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobb.25 View Post
However my experience early last spring, was that the campgrounds charged me the full summer rates.
Bob
Those are probably the same CGs that petition the local municipalities to ban WM, COSCO, SAM's, etc parking.
Old 11-29-2011, 07:48 PM   #3258

On my last trip out of state, covering 4000 miles, I stayed at 5 walmarts and 2 truck stops. Didn't have any problems and picked up a few items. Walmarts are great for a few hours of sleep. However at two of my stops I notice jacks down and slides out.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:32 PM   #3259

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
On a car form I used to visit, there were the "I'm better than you" punks that "say" they would never stoop so low as to even shop at a WM. Probably mama boys acting tough.
Our son was probably one of those punks. Now that he is paying his own bills he has found Walmart isn't so bad after all.

Jon
2013 Chevy Spark Dinghy
Old 11-29-2011, 08:42 PM   #3260

Monaco Owners Club
Last summer while on a trip to BC we stopped at a Walmart in Merritt BC. We were going to spend the day checking out the local area and asked the manager if he minded us being parked there and he said as long as we stayed off to the side no problem. We had a cart full of merchandise when we talked to him. On the way back home we had an alternator go out on us in Edson Ab., and stopped in the Walmart parking lot and repaired it. We again asked the manager and were welcomed to stay as long as we needed. Two very friendly Walmarts!!
Old 11-29-2011, 09:46 PM   #3261

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfran304 View Post
Our son was probably one of those punks. Now that he is paying his own bills he has found Walmart isn't so bad after all.Jon
If you get a chance, ask him if he know what LS2.com is.
or LS2.com, Bar and Grill
Old 11-29-2011, 11:06 PM   #3262

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madrona View Post
Just interested in some WM parking lot/overnighting/camping/sleeping experiences. Love to hear about those, any and all.
Well... There was Black Friday:

Tags
camping